Naming of Humanoid Dragons

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Daraken eheh, I'm not sure; Draken sounds more like a name than like something equal to elf orc and human.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Neoriceisgood wrote:Daraken eheh, I'm not sure; Draken sounds more like a name than like something equal to elf orc and human.
how about "drak"
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

replace the a with an e, and you got the dutch word for realy icky mud that flows in your boots.
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Hmmm...

From the above comment and the five pages of debate on a simple designation, isn't this getting a little bit too thought out? I mean, it's only a name! Perhaps we should have a poll. List the variations and then, badabing, you got your answer! I think I might make one actually.
isaac
Inactive Developer

Post by isaac »

turin wrote:
isaac wrote:AFAIK Microprose's master of magic had a "Draconian" race
i believe one of the points of this thread is that just because someone else does/doesn't do something doesn't mean we have to or even can do/don't do that thing.

so, just because someone has a ''draconian' race that they made up doesn't mean it is good for us to. :)

we shouldn't make up race names, IMHO, when there are good names available.
Sure, just like we have invented Dwarves, Elves, Orcs and Undead ...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

isaac wrote:
turin wrote: i believe one of the points of this thread is that just because someone else does/doesn't do something doesn't mean we have to or even can do/don't do that thing.

so, just because someone has a ''draconian' race that they made up doesn't mean it is good for us to. :)

we shouldn't make up race names, IMHO, when there are good names available.
Sure, just like we have invented Dwarves, Elves, Orcs and Undead ...
dwarves have been around for a long time (although they were called dwarfs) as has the concept of 'undead'. the word elf was around, and tolkien changed it to elves. but the word 'elf' has still been around a while.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm