Campaign: Fall of Silvium

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Locked
l'ultimo cruco
Posts: 86
Joined: May 9th, 2004, 1:24 pm
Location: Rome, Italy

Post by l'ultimo cruco »

turin wrote:New version released.
...
Now, a question for you... should I insert a scenario where you have to fight undead sidhe? And if so, where - between scenarios 6 and 6t, or between 6t and 7? I'm thinking that it could be cool to have a scenario where you open up sidhe cairns and get gold and treasure from inside, but have to fight the Warrior Spirits, but I can't think of a rationale for it.
Havn't tried the latest version jet, so no feedback.
About plundering sidhe cairns... well I personally don't like the idea: it just doesn't fit to the commander's image of an integer lavinian official. Than as well with all the trouble he has, it seems unlikely to me that he deliberately starts up even more of it...

If you really like the idea you could insert it like this:
the sidhe let the lavinians pass through their territory, so the marauders decide to discredit them turning upside down a sidhe graveyard.
This triggers the sidhe spirit warriors, who first kill the marauders and then turn on the lavinians - no need for diplomacy if your dead anyway...

or

the lavinians are ambushed by the maraudres in the forest and to defend themselves better they fall back in a nearby cave/open space/whatever, which happens to be a sidhe graveyard, and the spirit warriors come out to kill anything that moves...

So after they have the sidhe as enemys oncemore the lavinians decide it is not importanted to be kind anymore, and take what they can get - plundering the enemy to "pay" the troops was very common in roman times.
just my 2 cents

User avatar
turin
Lord of the East
Posts: 11662
Joined: January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by turin »

l'ultimo cruco wrote:About plundering sidhe cairns... well I personally don't like the idea: it just doesn't fit to the commander's image of an integer lavinian official. Than as well with all the trouble he has, it seems unlikely to me that he deliberately starts up even more of it...
Makes sense. The point isn't to have him plunder Sidhe cairns, but just to bring the Warrior Spirits into the picture, and have an undead enemy during a scenario.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm

User avatar
turin
Lord of the East
Posts: 11662
Joined: January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by turin »

BTW, I've updated my avatar so it mentions FoS too. (As well as a mystery campaign yet to be released... shh...)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm

Ryorin
Posts: 659
Joined: May 2nd, 2005, 3:59 pm
Location: SCS, Michigan

Post by Ryorin »

I was wondering about that, I noticed it a little earlier.
Fear me! For I am higher level than you!

KRCM
Posts: 23
Joined: June 27th, 2006, 10:43 pm
Location: Belgium

Post by KRCM »

I have just downloaded the new version and I was wondering if it was a bug or not, but on easy you're ally (blue) is gone, but the villages still start as flagged for blue.

Did you want to make the 2nd scenario harder or is it really a bug ?
Maintainer Elf War

User avatar
turin
Lord of the East
Posts: 11662
Joined: January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by turin »

KRCM wrote:I have just downloaded the new version and I was wondering if it was a bug or not, but on easy you're ally (blue) is gone, but the villages still start as flagged for blue.

Did you want to make the 2nd scenario harder or is it really a bug ?
The ally isn't supposed to be there on the second scenario if you won the first by making him retreat. The reason: you have an ally if you run away because the assault had already began, and your deputy had taken charge of the defense. But if you are here when the attack starts, there's no need to have an ally.. Instead, you just get a gold bonus and more time to plan your defense.

The villages still being flagged blue is a bug, though. I'll fix it.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm

dthurston
Posts: 65
Joined: February 13th, 2006, 7:15 pm

Overall plot

Post by dthurston »

There's something that seems funny about the overall plot. Evidently the province was in an indefensible position with the Marauder tribes, and furthermore they were known to be unreliable allies. Why would any emperor leave an entire province with so little defense?

User avatar
turin
Lord of the East
Posts: 11662
Joined: January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Overall plot

Post by turin »

dthurston wrote:There's something that seems funny about the overall plot. Evidently the province was in an indefensible position with the Marauder tribes, and furthermore they were known to be unreliable allies. Why would any emperor leave an entire province with so little defense?
It has defenses, they're just not strong enough.

But yes, the political situation is kind of funny. Its supposed to be.

BTW, the Marauders are not unreliable allies - they're enemies with which a peace treaty has been signed.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm

bignall
Posts: 82
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 12:25 pm

Post by bignall »

Great changes to some of the maps! It plays much better now.

In The Border, the Sidhe did not ever appear. I killed off the Marauders and the Bandits and the scenario ended. That was about turn 13.

In To Arendia, some units are not recalled/created at the start. There is only Caius and Leithan.

User avatar
turin
Lord of the East
Posts: 11662
Joined: January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by turin »

bignall wrote:Great changes to some of the maps! It plays much better now.
Good!
bignall wrote:In The Border, the Sidhe did not ever appear. I killed off the Marauders and the Bandits and the scenario ended. That was about turn 13.
Hm... when I was designing the scenario, I assumed that you couldn't kill the Marauders and Bandits both before turn 16. Obviously I was wrong. I'll fix this.
bignall wrote:In To Arendia, some units are not recalled/created at the start. There is only Caius and Leithan.
Dunno what's going on here. I'll look into it.
[edit]
Turns out it was a typo. It's fixed, and I'll release a new version with the bug-fixes tomorrow.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm

bignall
Posts: 82
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 12:25 pm

Post by bignall »

turin wrote:
bignall wrote:In The Border, the Sidhe did not ever appear. I killed off the Marauders and the Bandits and the scenario ended. That was about turn 13.
Hm... when I was designing the scenario, I assumed that you couldn't kill the Marauders and Bandits both before turn 16. Obviously I was wrong. I'll fix this.
It wasn't too hard. The Bandit spread out his units and I could pick them off one by one. I wasn't expecting the Marauders, but when they appeared I just threw Auxiliary's at him until I brought my stronger units back to finish him off while leaving a small strike force to keep working on the bandits. This was on easy, it may not work out like that on other levels. I'm beginning to think I'm improving enough to move up to playing medium...
turin wrote: [edit]
Turns out it was a typo. It's fixed, and I'll release a new version with the bug-fixes tomorrow.
Great! I'll pick up with the Border again when you release the new version.

dthurston
Posts: 65
Joined: February 13th, 2006, 7:15 pm

Port City timing

Post by dthurston »

On The Port City, I killed off Darius Salirus at turn 15, but then I wasn't able to load all my civilians onto the boats by the end of the turns. This was frustrating, since I had killed off all enemies except for the Marauder leader by that point. Perhaps add more time after the death of Darius Salirus?

User avatar
turin
Lord of the East
Posts: 11662
Joined: January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Port City timing

Post by turin »

dthurston wrote:On The Port City, I killed off Darius Salirus at turn 15, but then I wasn't able to load all my civilians onto the boats by the end of the turns. This was frustrating, since I had killed off all enemies except for the Marauder leader by that point. Perhaps add more time after the death of Darius Salirus?
24 turns is rather short. I'll change it to 30.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm

bignall
Posts: 82
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 12:25 pm

Post by bignall »

I just downloaded the new version, but Vaniyera still does not get created in To Arendia.

bignall
Posts: 82
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 12:25 pm

Post by bignall »

Also, when you get to The Emperor:

error engine: unit of type Lavinian Imperator not found!
error general: Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type 'Lavinian Imperator'

Locked