Campaign: Fall of Silvium

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Oreb

Post by Oreb »

The maruader assassin's tend to attack every single unit surrounding Leithan, and then attack Vaniyera, which results in a game loss. They never attack Leithan, because he is too hard to kill, since the AI realises it is a death threat.

That Help?
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ah, I see.

I've never had this problem, but maybe the AI has changed - I'll look into it.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

I've almost always had that happen everytime.
GarethBeaumains

The Pass of Arendia -- again?

Post by GarethBeaumains »

I'm back at the Pass of Arendia scenario. Apparently I had to play the same scenario defeating the barbarian leaders twice now?

Each time, I'm reset to 500 gp, and, fortunately because I have some great units, I can burn through my enemies rather quickly.

How does this campaign end? Is this it?
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

I believe turin is getting around to it, but you are meant to die. It should be made much harder IMO, and hopefully it will. To have the proper ending, just let yourself be slaughtered. :P
GarethBeaumains

???

Post by GarethBeaumains »

Sheesh. I worked very hard to be able to not get slaughtered.

He might want to actually have an ending for what happens if you succeed in defending/reconquering the valley.

After a while, I was just improving units to their maximum type.

However, I noted that some units look like they are progressing to a Level 4, such as Praetorians, but when they are supposed to improve they don't change the unit type or values and change from Level 3 to.. Level 3.

Rather a let-down after all that work.
turin
Lord of the East

Re: ???

Post by turin »

GarethBeaumains wrote:However, I noted that some units look like they are progressing to a Level 4, such as Praetorians, but when they are supposed to improve they don't change the unit type or values and change from Level 3 to.. Level 3.
This is an example of "AMLA" - after max level advancement. Most units have it. Very few units actually go to level 4.

And yeah, I'm still working on the campaign. Remember, it's still only version 0.3.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

Turin, there seems to be something broken in this campaign, see this thread http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14733
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

SkeletonCrew wrote:Turin, there seems to be something broken in this campaign, see this thread http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14733
Yeah, uh... what is it? I have absolutely no idea why that code would be broken.
The World of Orbivm
mediocre samaritan

A new map

Post by mediocre samaritan »

I tried this campaign just recently, and noticed that the map which appears between scenarios was not comparable to the parchment-style maps used in the mainline scenarios. I like the campaign, so I thought I'd pass along an upgraded version of the map, if that's of interest to people. It's certainly not perfect, but I had fun making it.

This map has the same basic layout as Turin's map -- forest where he placed forest, etc. Terrain textures and features were borrowed from the Wesnoth main map, partly for my convenience and partly to make my map visually compatible with other such Wesnoth art.

Here's where I painted myself into a corner, no pun intended. Turin's map was big, 800x800 pixels. Mine is the same size, but since my map does not use large patches of solid colors as his did, my map does not compress very well at all. Worse, if I try to break my zip/gzip file into multiple archives, they save with extensions like gz.001, which is not a permitted extension for forum posting. So, I'm not sure how to send out a copy. Suggestions?

I have tested the full sized map in game – I didn’t see any problems. To avoid changing the code, it must of course be saved as "oldcontinent.png"

This is my first post to the forums. Turin, I hope that this is not unwelcome. If I've stepped out of line, please let me know.
Attachments
new fall of silvium map - thumbnail.png
new fall of silvium map - thumbnail.png (69.48 KiB) Viewed 4873 times
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

It would be best if you emailed it to me - turin DOT-SYMBOl hurinson AT-SYMBOL gmail DOT-SYMBOL com. I'll take a look at it from there.

Note that Kestenvarn is/might be working on an improved version of the map - but Real Life interferes, I don't know how that's going, and any improvement is better than none. So, if your new map is good, I'll use it, but if someone makes one later that is even better, I'll use theirs. ;)
The World of Orbivm
mediocre samaritan

New Map

Post by mediocre samaritan »

Sent

"If your new map is good, I'll use it, but if someone makes one later that is even better, I'll use theirs." That's fine with me, and more or less what I was thinking as well.

I'm new to GIMP, and I suspect it shows. Given what I learned while making this, I would do things differently if I were to do it again. I certainly don't think it's perfect, but, as you say, any improvement is better than none.
RedLTeut

Post by RedLTeut »

Oreb wrote:The maruader assassin's tend to attack every single unit surrounding Leithan, and then attack Vaniyera, which results in a game loss. They never attack Leithan, because he is too hard to kill, since the AI realises it is a death threat.

That Help?
Same here. It also is very frustrating to lose all ones army in the attempt to defend Vaniyera.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I tend to agree. I'll probably do some heavy editing on that scenario sometime in the future. The problem is, I probably won't have a whole bunch of time anytime soon...
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Alright, I FINALLY got around to redoing that scenario. I also finished a first draft of the Iceswept Bay scenario I've had planned for a while.

So - VERSION 0.4 RELEASED. Check it out on the 1.3.4 addon server.
The World of Orbivm