Campaign: Fall of Silvium

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

stillcen

Re: Campaign: Fall of Silvium

Post by stillcen »

* one of my units attacks a boatman

*the boat man drops the boat off of his head n' shoulders 21 times

* combat proceeds normal like

*boat man does a little ducking action around 21 times

*boat man lives or dies depending on combat

--------------------------

i am playing wesnoth 1.4.5

i would be willing to deleate my wesnoth and reinstall to see if the issue persists.

stillcen
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Uh... 21 times? Yeah, that's not right. :shock:

1) Since you're using 1.4.5, which is about to become obsolete, try upgrading to the the 1.6 release candidate, re-download the dev version IE (it's slightly different), and see if it still has the problem. (You're going to want to do this soon anyway, since the 1.4 MP server will go away once 1.6 comes out, which will be in a week or two.)

2) If so, we're going to try to figure out *exactly* what's going wrong... start a new Multiplayer game with the IE, then recruit a single boatsman (so that there's only one in-game) and use it to attack someone. Then recruit another one and attack someone with one of the boatsmen (doesn't matter which). Repeat. Tell me if having more boatsmen on the field of play makes the number of jigs he performs go up. (If so, I have a guess at what's causing this.)

3) Does he also perform jigs when attacked from a range? The animation is different there - he doesn't drop the boat, he crouches down under it - so I want to know if he ducks under his boat 21 times, or just once (and if it happens more often the more boatsmen are on the field of play, as above).

4) If this doesn't do anything - if just the one boatsman by himself still manages to perform 21 jigs - try attaching a savegame in which he performs a bunch of jigs and I'll look at it and see if I can't figure out what's going on.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
stillcen

Post by stillcen »

I can say that in my 1.4.5 the jig happens with ranged attacks as well as with melae (sp?)

I took high road, and did the 1.5.14-1.6rc upgrade, and the boat folk forgot how to dance. Combt resolution MUCH faster.

---------------

As a compleat NoN-sequetor;

I am finding these new Imperial units a joy to get to know.

stillcen
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Cool, problem resolved.

BTW, if you still want to play more Imperial Era campaigns after you finish Fall of Silvium, there are several more out there - Alfhelm the Wise, Epic of Vaniyera, Gali's Contract, and Up From Slavery.

Alfhelm the Wise is the longest and most epic (it takes place about 50 years after Fall of Silvium, and you play as the marauders), the "Epic of Vaniyera" is actually deceptively short and basically gives the backstory of the villain of Alfhelm the Wise, Gali's Contract follows a minor character in Alfhelm the Wise and should probably be played after you've won that campaign, and Up From Slavery is just a fun little story about orcish gladiators. So, I'd say start with Alfhelm the Wise and work forward from there.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

Invasion of Arendia?It is an Imperial Era campaign too!!!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Matthi205 wrote:Invasion of Arendia?It is an Imperial Era campaign too!!!
Yeah, but there's no playable 1.6-compatible version (though we're working to fix that, slowly).
The World of Orbivm
stillcen

Post by stillcen »

I hate to be the harbinger of graphic bugs but;

in the port city, when i was asked to put the nobility on the boats, no boats appeared. If the boats were already supposed to be there, they were not.

After i killed the Muarders Thane i saw the boats sail away though.

I conjectured were the boatswere suppose to be and when i walked my very brave nobels off the ends of the piers, 3 out of the 5 piers had the nobels dissaper, into stealth boats. The other 2 peirs the nobles just got soggy.

playing wesnoth 1.5.14-1.6rc on window xp
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

OK, I've added that to my list of "stuff to fix". Thanks for the report. (It sounds like a fairly straightforward WML bug, so no need to do extensive testing.)
The World of Orbivm
stillcen

Post by stillcen »

playing the boarder scenario. 1.5.14-1.6rc

saw how few theives there were and only recruited a single castle of troops.(no clones)

got to theives starting castle and went to recruit more. On the recall list all of my troops had 4-5 copies/clones of themselves, even folks already in the field and my leader.

This happened after loaded the saved game from last nigt, and i noticed that the scenario took 3 times longer to load.

I then went back 3 turns and played up to where i could recriut again and same clone problem, but no slow load issues.

doubt it means anything but the sindhe show up 2 turns before i get access to the clones.

stillcen
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

:? That's an old bug, but it's a problem with the Wesnoth engine, not with my WML... I'm surprised it isn't fixed though. Could you file an official bug report at http://gna.org/projects/wesnoth/?

Anyway, the duplicate units are probably caused by re-loading saved games (this is what caused the old bug, anyway). Try playing straight through the scenario without reloading at all and you shouldn't have any duplicate problems.

And thanks for continuing to play the campaign even though you're running into so many bugs. ;) It's definitely appreciated - I probably would never catch them without people reporting them.
The World of Orbivm
Theron

Post by Theron »

The Fall of Silvium 0.5*, medium difficulty / Wesnoth 1.6a / Mac OS X 10.5.6

Scenario 4 (The Port City): Bug in die event of Darus Salirus.
I killed Darus Salirus but the objective is still "Defeat Darus Salirus".
The problem is that I killed all of his men first.

[event]
name=die
#when the guy in the city dies, his troops join you.
[filter]
id=Darus S
[/filter]
[if]
[have_unit]
side=2
[not]
id=Darus S
[/not]
[/have_unit]
[then]

Here is an [else] needed.

* as displayed in the add-on download.
In the campaign chooser (Version 0.4.2, 01-16-08) is shown.
Roland de Ronceveaux

Post by Roland de Ronceveaux »

I had the same problem but it was not game-killing as the scenario ended with a victory after I defeated the Marauder Chieftain (I had killed Darus first).

I also had the demultiplicating in the scenario 'The Border': around turn 5 or 6. I am using Wesnoth 1.6.4 and 'Fall of Silvium' 0.5.

That one killed the game. Too bad - I was having a lot of fun with Tribune Caius Regulus. :)

Roland
SirTheta

Post by SirTheta »

Great campaign turin, currently at The Border. I also have the problem, at Turn 6, when I go to recall my units, they've multiplied 16 times (no reloading), which lead to a lot of dismissing. However, that's not a real "problem". (Wesnoth 1.6.4, latest Campaign, Sabayon Linux)

Scenario 4 - The Port City

After killing all of Darus Salirus' units, I kill him - however the objective remains to kill Darus Salirus. No big deal, I proceeded to kill the Wyfling's (sp?) leader, and finished the scenario - but I figured I'd let you know anyway :)
Kewltist

Post by Kewltist »

Is there a way of downloading these campaigns from somewhere along with their Era? I wd be very interested in trying these out
boru

Post by boru »

Fall of Silvium is available, but not for version 1.8. If you want to play it, download 1.6 here. There is a separate add-on server for 1.6, so if you click add-ons in the main menu, you can get the campaign & era from there.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.