Completed Mini-Campaign: Ilayin the Illusionist.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Completed Mini-Campaign: Ilayin the Illusionist.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

...the Illusionist is back, with tons of updates, I forget what all! It is now fully tested and has reached its 1.0; it is currently present on the 1.1+ campaign server.

In this campaign, you play a not-so-nice exiled prince who wants to return to his kingdom, but by generally taking it over. He has no significant powers except his illusions, but he uses these powers - along with tactical skill - to go from living alone in a cave to commanding about half the forces of the island on which he lives, all within a few weeks.

Don't worry, there's a happy ending in there as well! ;)

(Original thread: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3785)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Peidu

Post by Peidu »

I shall download and play it now, EP... Hopefully it is excellent. :D
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I started playing, got to the first fight and it seems impossible to win without very good luck. I hope this isn't supposed to be the case.
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

zookeeper wrote:I started playing, got to the first fight and it seems impossible to win without very good luck. I hope this isn't supposed to be the case.
Ditto
Grey_Wolf_c

Post by Grey_Wolf_c »

Agreed - I was playing easy and the only reason I won the first fight was because the leader recklessly charged against me and I managed to hit him with all my troops in succession (starting with the more wounded ones so they would hit and die).

Grey Wolf
Elvish_Pillager

I hope you noticed that you can recruit units. :?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Elvish Pillager wrote:I hope you noticed that you can recruit units. :?
There was no indication of whatsoever that you can. I don't think it's a good idea to expect players to check whether they can recruit from and onto completely normal looking dirt tiles if it's not mentioned in any way.
toms

Post by toms »

zookeeper wrote:
There was no indication of whatsoever that you can. I don't think it's a good idea to expect players to check whether they can recruit from and onto completely normal looking dirt tiles if it's not mentioned in any way.
Move the cursor on them. Maybe the player should really get a hint by a narrator message, though.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Elvish_Pillager

Odd, no one complained about that in the old thread. I'll try to come up with a way to make it more clear.
scott

Post by scott »

zookeeper wrote:
This is a campaign about illusions and not necessarily for beginners. I think it's fair game. Nothing is as it seems. :)
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Elvish_Pillager

Plus, there's already a big hint: THE ENEMY RECRUITS UNITS!

Although, if I come up with a way to say it without being blatant and obvious, I will put in a message to let the player know.
scott

Post by scott »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Plus, there's already a big hint: THE ENEMY RECRUITS UNITS!
That's what finally tipped me off to it, long ago. That and mousing over the terrain. I would leave it as-is.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Plus, there's already a big hint: THE ENEMY RECRUITS UNITS!
I thought they just spawned out of nowhere, actually. That tends to happen in campaigns a lot.
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

I had the same impression as the other test player. I thought this is too difficult to play. The enemy hits very good, and my army was fighting like little girls. I thought this campaign is not balanced at all. When i had not the idea to post a little bug from this campaign, i may not even have read this thread.
I think that is the same with the other players, who had not reported. They thougt it is not balanced and didn't bother to care about that campaign anymore.

PS:
Some pictures were moved around and maybe renamed too.
error display: could not open image 'attacks/ceremonial dagger.png'
error display: could not open image 'attacks/mystic harp.png'
Those were not in the attacks folder!

error display: could not open image 'thief-attack.png'
The thief-attack is now here :
/units/human-outlaws/thief-attack.png
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

Yes ? How can i do that in 1.1.9 ?