Icons for Campaigns

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

Icons for Campaigns

Post by Dave »

I have added a feature allowing campaigns to have icons displayed next to them in the campaigns menu.

Just put icon=myicon.png in the [campaign] tag and the icon will be displayed.

Usually it'd probably be best to use the main character from your campaign as your icon.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin-at-school

Post by turin-at-school »

what size can they be? i would think they couldn't be 200X200, but i don't know.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

turin-at-school wrote:what size can they be? i would think they couldn't be 200X200, but i don't know.
Technically they can be any size, however I suggest they be kept to something consistent and sane.

If one campaign has a 200x200 'icon', and other campaigns have 70x70, it will look ugly.

Davd
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

I'm not so sure about this feature, Dave. I mean, Heir to the Throne, Undead Campaign, Loyalist Campaign, Orcish Campaign, Assassin Campaign, etc. all in the same menu WITH icons? Wouldn't that get terribly messy?
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Post by Guest »

Gafgarion wrote:I'm not so sure about this feature, Dave. I mean, Heir to the Throne, Undead Campaign, Loyalist Campaign, Orcish Campaign, Assassin Campaign, etc. all in the same menu WITH icons? Wouldn't that get terribly messy?
no, just the menu will get bigger. it might even be a good idea to have the menu take up the whole screen, with a 'cancel' button included. it would look fine like that, with the icon on top of the name, like this:

OOOOOO
OgoodOO
Olooking0
OiconOOO
OOOOOO
Heir to the Throne
telex4

Post by telex4 »

Gafgarion wrote:I'm not so sure about this feature, Dave. I mean, Heir to the Throne, Undead Campaign, Loyalist Campaign, Orcish Campaign, Assassin Campaign, etc. all in the same menu WITH icons? Wouldn't that get terribly messy?
At the moment it looks terribly dull :roll: