Civil War of Cunnicula

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mu

Civil War of Cunnicula

Post by Mu »

Hello, maybe someone remember the campaign about the fight for freedom in Cunnicula. This is a special day and this campaign has reborn.

If you want to try it, its name in the campaign server is "Civil War".

Code: Select all

0.1.75 (14/4/06)
- A huge lot of coding for adapting the campaign to the new version of Wesnoth, cleansing and correcting bugs.
	- Unfortunately, version 0.1.4 is incompatible with older versions, so you will have to start again from the begining.
- Added a scene, The Four Generals after Uprising. Now the player will know better who is fighting against.
- Scenario Fix
	- Uprising
		- Definetively removed the problem with the Watch Towers being avaible for recall.
		- Corrected the english, thanks to ...
		- Simplified the intro story.
	- Bizarro Is Not Alone
		- Changed Wesnoth map for custom map.
- Scenario Balancing
	- Landing of the Saurians
		- Now you need to kill 30 instead of 25.
- Added level 3 outlaws (thanks scott).
- Added two multiplayer eras.

0.1.3 (4/3/05)
- Changed the format of the HABLA macro for allowing translation.
- Scenario fix
	- Landing of the Saurians 
		- Rotate map: now the sea is in the South ;).
		- Hacial now can't recruit priests (he didn't anyway).
		- Turned desert mountains into normal mountains.
	- Peasant Army
		- Remove towers from the previous scenario (the boat couldn't carry them ;) ).

- Text fix
	-Landing of the Saurians
		- The lacertians now land instead of upload ;).

- Minor changes in the Epilogue (Bizarro is not alone).

- Minor	fixes I can't remember.

0.1.2 (3/3/05)
- Scenario Balancing:
	- The loyal Army
		- Increased gold of Niramto (the good guy).
		- Added towns in EASY and NORMAL modes.
- Text fixing:
	- Now Malbo flees instead of flying ;))
	- Changed God for the Lords of Light.

0.1.1 (3/3/05)

- Scenario Balancing
	- Reduced the gold of the enemy in An Army of Peasants (2nd scenario)
- Reduced XP requirement for peasants. Now they will become outlaws very quickly.
- Fixed some text.
- Fixed The Loyal Army (3rd scenario).
	- Now the player is defeated when Niramto dies.

0.1.0 (2/3/05)

- First release
toms

Post by toms »

I remember. I´ve played it and would like to ask if you already have plans for the whole plot, inc. new levels?
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Mu

Post by Mu »

Theese are the plans:

The campaign will have four or five chapters.

The second chapter will have six scenarios, four of then are done.

If you are very impatient, and you want to touch the code, you can test the next scenarios. The next is called "Fog of War". But I recomend to wait the official release. Some scenarios need balancing or text polishing.

When it will be released? We don't know, but we have put the limit of July the 18th.
Peidu

Post by Peidu »

I'm currently playing what was on the server which I just downloaded... Looks good at the moment.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Might be good to at least mention in the prologue that this is a very, ah... politically motivated campaign. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
toms

Post by toms »

And the bigmap looks similar to spain. Has this any background or is it randomly happened?
kilder
Translator

Post by kilder »

Spanish civil war! Man, you're my hero! :D

I see that the 18 july deadline is not casual ;)

[spanish]

Ey, así se hace, dadle caña! Si la poneis pa traducir, la pasaré rápidamente al catalán ;) No creo que pueda ayudaros en nada más :(

Seguid así!

[/spanish]

See ya!
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

I found an error in the first scenario, when I brought one of my troops near the blue watch tower, it crashed the game saying that there was no Saurian Tribalist unit (this unit was renamed at some point, it's called Saurian Augur now)
Mu

Post by Mu »

turin wrote:Might be good to at least mention in the prologue that this is a very, ah... politically motivated campaign. ;)
toms wrote:And the bigmap looks similar to spain. Has this any background or is it randomly happened?
We want each one take his own conclusions. Humberto Eco said that the author shouldn't explain his own work because it would be like cheating (or something similar), and we agree.

kilder, I am glad you like it. I am working for making it translatable. It should be nice to have it in spanish, catalonian, euskera, galician, etc. No pasaran! ;)

Master, I have corrected the bug. Thanks a lot.
kilder
Translator

Post by kilder »

I played yesterday the last map (the one the saurians disembark), and it ended when I killed 25 saurians, but the objectives said I had to kill 30.

I was playing at normal.
Flamma

Post by Flamma »

Thank you, kilder, we'll fix it as soon as our works let us. :|
Casual User

Post by Casual User »

Hi!

I've really enjoyed the part that is done (although I had to port it to 1.0 for it to work right).

I was wondering, though. It seems from the story that Malbo joins the reds. However, it seems to me like that doesn't make much sense.

He didn't join the whites because they were planning the armed overthrow of the system. But the reds are also planning an armed overthrow of the system since they want to change the system into a different one, hence their ambitions required an armed overthrow of the system as well...

It seems to me that Malbo belongs rather in a 3rd party, that would be the 'loyalists' i.e. military men that simply wish to keep the status quo.

P.S. What I know about the Spanish Revolution could hold in a thimble, but AFAIK, the group that ended up winning was rather the 'loyalists' I mentionned above. After all, Franco mainly just made himself dictator for about (ten? twenty?) years, then established a constitutional monarchy (i.e. basically got rid of 'special' groups and re-established the status quo).

P.P.S. Also, I had heard that troops were brought in from Morocco, but I know for a fact that Morocco was a French colony.

P.P.P.S. Nice campaign. All the luck.
toms

Post by toms »

I did not care much about the story, so I don´t have any beefs with it, but the levels were good and interesting.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Are you from Spain? Well, pity you didnt have communism for which youir reds were fighting - you wouldnt like ti so much today.

Death to communism in any shape.

Will pass, no one can stop us.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
kilder
Translator

Post by kilder »

[OT]
Casual User wrote: P.S. What I know about the Spanish Revolution could hold in a thimble, but AFAIK, the group that ended up winning was rather the 'loyalists' I mentionned above. After all, Franco mainly just made himself dictator for about (ten? twenty?) years, then established a constitutional monarchy (i.e. basically got rid of 'special' groups and re-established the status quo).

P.P.S. Also, I had heard that troops were brought in from Morocco, but I know for a fact that Morocco was a French colony.

1.- The legal government was, in fact, the republican one. What Franco made was a _succesful_ coup d'etat. That puts him as the "rebel", although almost 40 years of dictatorship gave him enough time to "correct" some History books.

2.- He was "el generalísimo" (kinda "the very great general") until his death, and it was not before ETA killed Luis Carrero Blanco that king Juan Carlos was clearly his succesor. In fact, most agree that his assasination was a key element allowing the transition to democracy.

3.-Morocco was partitioned between France and Spain, although I think the French domination was more influential. Wikipedia will explain it quite better than me.

Hope it helps!

[/OT]