Updated Story of the Wose

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

joshudson

Re: Updated Story of the Wose

Post by joshudson »

Just uploaded 0.7.4. Also contains japanese translation.
CHKDSK has repaired bad sectors in CHKDSK.EXE
Arawn

Post by Arawn »

I just played this campaign up to the scenario in the caves and I loved it. I played it on easy and thought it was great (I like keeping all my units alive if I can help it). So, I just wanted to congratulate whoever made this/helped with it, etc.

But while I'm here: the scenario where you're in the caves, could that be made easier (at least on easy difficulty)? It was going great up until I entered the room with the orc boss and got swarmed by undead from the side. Could they be revamped so that there are fewer skeletons?

I haven't played the rest but its great so far.
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

It is not necessary to defeat either leader in that scenario, nor even enter that room at all.

Wait in the passageway below until the scenario objective changes.
Arawn

Post by Arawn »

So, first off, thank you for the advice with beating the scenario in the caves. I never would have thought of it. Um, for that scenario though, I would like to point out that the Lich sounds nothing like a lich. Maybe it was intentional but he's quite silly instead of hateful.

Now, for the next scenario with the collapsing caves: could they be made to collapse a bit slower? Funny thing I should have thought of, Wose can't move fast in caves at all. Of course the obvious fix is to not recall/hire any wose in the caves but since this is a Wose campaign, shouldn't it be assumed that they are in the player's party?

Anyway, I'm loving this so far, it definitely adds a ton of backstory to the wose, and I'll try those scenarios again in a bit.
Arawn

Post by Arawn »

Figured I should get back to this. I finally finished a few days ago. Great campaign, liked it a lot. I'm not too sure what to think of the librarian character in the caves (I found him accidentally when I used debug to take over some bats) but it was a lot of fun and explained the creation of Woses. Just curious, this takes place off the coast of the great continent, right? Not Wesnoth? Because, if so, it even fits in with the mainline campaigns. But anyway, liked the story a lot. And good classes as well. Also, I enjoyed the heavy use of the fencer's line. They're some of my favorite units but so few campaigns use them.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I finished the campaign and made it compatible for 1.9.9
Although the I encountered a few bugs, I have fixed them...it will work smoothly.
The files are attached below
Story_of_Wose.zip
(359.11 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

Thank you, but had you checked wesnoth-umc-dev svnroot, you would have found that I already have it working in 1.9.
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

I have uploaded Story of the Wose 0.7.5 for 1.9.12 and up, targeting 1.10 release.
Enchanteur

Post by Enchanteur »

I've played it and like it. Good story.
Last map in caverns. I think it's too long. There is a first cavern, and battles take time because there is no moves, battle are confined to 1x1 spot. So then second part in caverns is near the same. Maybe campains could be better if instead of a second part into a small cavern, there would be a epic battle with more space to move units.
French Player. For now, I'm working on creation of abilitys and units with WML. My goal is to make an enhanced version of Elves, playable with standard campains. HERE : http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 58&start=0
hephoto

Post by hephoto »

Hello,

My son is blocked at the scenario "Arena".
One faction wins the battle in the arena, but how can we go in this arena ?
He is blocked in his room.

Thanks for your help
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

This campaign is now available for Wesnoth 1.12 and 1.13. See the new thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46073.