Campaign: War Stars: A Newbie Hope

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

borisblue

Campaign: War Stars: A Newbie Hope

Post by borisblue »

All the wesnoth campaigns are too serious and monotonous!
I think there should be more variety with storylines, some comedic campaigns, some psychadellic campaigns, some postmodernist introspection themed campaigns etc

anyway, I'm starting a short campaign that's a bit lighter than all the stuff we have here. I'm planning to have it run for four scenarios, and i'm done with the first one.

What do you think? It's a parody of star wars IV: a new hope
Last edited by borisblue on March 7th, 2006, 8:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

Nice doggie.
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

I think wesnoth needs more well-written, finished, and functional campaigns. Weather the campaign is funny much less important to me.

By the way, played in 1.1.1+svn, Lucas can't move at all.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
borisblue

Post by borisblue »

Ooh... thanks Eleazar

it works for me in 1.1.1 though, I don't have your version (I've only a very vague idea of what svn is) . Would you mind checking through the code and see what could be causing the problem?

Well, I'm not sure with "well-written" or "functional" but a short parody campaign is more likely to be "finished" than the typical 15-scenario-war-and-peace-esque epic campaigns that normally get abandoned around here.

And besides it's fun!
borisblue

Post by borisblue »

Fixed a few bugs, and now
yay! It's on the campaign server!
You can have it under StarWars: A Newbie Hope

I'll delete the attachment now
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

Deleted from the campaign server. Don't upload content which violate trademarks and/or copyright. So, don't call it "Star Wars ...".
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

So, just removing the "StarWars" or renaming it to not be identical to the real name would be fine.
Nerdanel

Post by Nerdanel »

Sun Wars? Space Wars? War Stars? Star Warthog? Star Warsaw? Asterisk Wars? Star Was? Star What? Stare Wars? Star's War? Star Cars? Star Bars? Far Wars? Starry-eyed Wars?
Lich Lord

Post by Lich Lord »

I'm not sure how great an idea it would be to rip off star wars. How would you have a campain with 4 senerios? :?: it seems like star wars needs more fighting and less sneaking around. maybe I would like it more if I had a list of the scenario names.
borisblue

Post by borisblue »

Nerdanel wrote:Asterisk Wars
Perfect
:lol:
borisblue

Post by borisblue »

Lich Lord wrote:I'm not sure how great an idea it would be to rip off star wars. How would you have a campain with 4 senerios? :?: it seems like star wars needs more fighting and less sneaking around. maybe I would like it more if I had a list of the scenario names.
This is my first campaign, so I'm planning to do a New Hope first... I don't want to be too ambitious and end up with an abandoned project. I'll add the other two movies later

These are the plot points the scenarios are based on.

Scenario 1) Bring R2D2 to Obiwan. Fight the sand people

Scenario 2) Mos Eisley Port- Defeat the stormtoopers in the (space?)port so you can hitch a ride with Han Solo to get to Alderaan

(Of course, Alderaan is decimated by the DEATH STAR before you get there)

Scenario 3) Instead Storm Imperial Prison and Resuce Princess Leia

Scenario 4) Making your way to Yavin 4, the hyperdrive in the Millenium Falcon breaks down. Survive untill Chewbacca can repair your ship

Scenario 5)Destroy the Death Star before it annihalates Yavin 4

All these scenarios will be heavily parodied

I'm sorry for the trademark thing, in my defense I thought it was fair use But asterisk wars is funnier!
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Lucas' movement needs fixing. He has no movement values, and therefore cannot move.
Disto

Post by Disto »

borisblue wrote:
Lich Lord wrote:I'm not sure how great an idea it would be to rip off star wars. How would you have a campain with 4 senerios? :?: it seems like star wars needs more fighting and less sneaking around. maybe I would like it more if I had a list of the scenario names.
This is my first campaign, so I'm planning to do a New Hope first... I don't want to be too ambitious and end up with an abandoned project. I'll add the other two movies later

These are the plot points the scenarios are based on.

Scenario 1) Bring R2D2 to Obiwan. Fight the sand people

Scenario 2) Mos Eisley Port- Defeat the stormtoopers in the (space?)port so you can hitch a ride with Han Solo to get to Alderaan

(Of course, Alderaan is decimated by the DEATH STAR before you get there)

Scenario 3) Instead Storm Imperial Prison and Resuce Princess Leia

Scenario 4) Making your way to Yavin 4, the hyperdrive in the Millenium Falcon breaks down. Survive untill Chewbacca can repair your ship

Scenario 5)Destroy the Death Star before it annihalates Yavin 4

All these scenarios will be heavily parodied

I'm sorry for the trademark thing, in my defense I thought it was fair use But asterisk wars is funnier!
A good idea would be to make sure your not violating copyright by using different names.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
borisblue

Post by borisblue »

Maeglin Dubh wrote:Lucas' movement needs fixing. He has no movement values, and therefore cannot move.
Hmm, this one I don't get? He's moving OK in my version (1.1.1)
but Eleazar had the same problem.
THe farm boy .cfg file has movement=5, so I'm not sure what else i have to do...

Help please?
borisblue

Post by borisblue »

hmm... nvm, I think i found the problem

Maeglin Dubh, try the new version, does it work OK now?