A Magicians Tale (SP campaign for 1.14)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Argesilao

Re: A Magicians Tale

Post by Argesilao » May 30th, 2018, 6:55 pm

Posted the 3.0.4 version of the campaign

In the scenarios 02 and 03 the turns are changed:

old (3.0.3 version) easy: 36 normal: 30 hard: 24
new(3.0.4 version) easy: 36 normal: 32 hard: 28
Author and Maintainer of the unofficial campaigns: A Little Adventure, A Magicians Tale, The Three Sisters Saga, Epic Between the Tides

Dornteufel

Re: A Magicians Tale (SP campaign for 1.14)

Post by Dornteufel » July 22nd, 2018, 8:37 am

I just played your campaign and it was good fun. However I feel like it could really improve if someone went through and checked your English. Please don't take this personally. It's just my honest opinion.

Argesilao

Post by Argesilao » July 23rd, 2018, 8:49 pm

Dornteufel wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 8:37 am
I just played your campaign and it was good fun. However I feel like it could really improve if someone went through and checked your English. Please don't take this personally. It's just my honest opinion.
Don't worry, I am the first to be aware of the weakness of my English :oops:

I'm making attempts to improve it, but I fear that I would need someone to check my texts, but I don't find anyone :augh:

However, I'm glad you liked the campaign, english a part. :)
Author and Maintainer of the unofficial campaigns: A Little Adventure, A Magicians Tale, The Three Sisters Saga, Epic Between the Tides

Trossknecht

Post by Trossknecht » July 23rd, 2018, 10:20 pm

"A Magician's Tale" is a splendid campaign, full of original features. Thus, I offer both my thanks, and my gratitude, to Argesilao.

In the course of playing the scenario called "A Raid into the Mist" I have found that the Shadow Mage is extraordinarily difficult to find. That is, while he sometimes pops up when I occupy a village with one of my units, there have been many occasions when I have been able to occupy all villages, and kill all orcs on the board, without causing the Shadow Mage to appear.

What am I doing wrong?

Argesilao

Post by Argesilao » July 24th, 2018, 8:54 am

Trossknecht wrote:
July 23rd, 2018, 10:20 pm
In the course of playing the scenario called "A Raid into the Mist" I have found that the Shadow Mage is extraordinarily difficult to find. That is, while he sometimes pops up when I occupy a village with one of my units, there have been many occasions when I have been able to occupy all villages, and kill all orcs on the board, without causing the Shadow Mage to appear.

What am I doing wrong?
Unfortunately it's my mistake, an 's' absent in the name of a variable to clear :doh:
I'm sorry for this inconvenience, especially in a particularly long scenario :cry:

I already fixed the problem, at least I hope so, and I released the corrected version of the campaign.

My thanks for your report

Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 » July 24th, 2018, 6:18 pm

Wow, playing through this campaign was really fun. Such a lot of fascinating and unusual ideas. Thank you for this great campaign. Good job.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor: SP Campaign

Please add your (or some other) campaign to this sites: Guide to UMC Campaigns | Players' Review(s) | Please leave a comment here: WML filtering , WML variables

Trossknecht

Post by Trossknecht » July 25th, 2018, 9:23 pm

Thank you so much for the update!

Argesilao

Post by Argesilao » September 14th, 2018, 6:36 pm

Posted the 3.1 version

Added the italian translation, some error fixed, some little improvement here and there, a new demons bunch in the last scenario.

Have fun!