Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Would you like the Skeletal Dragon sprite in LotI changed to mainline Skeletal Dragon sprite?

Yes
16
52%
No
15
48%
 
Total votes : 31

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby matsjoyce » November 17th, 2017, 9:20 pm

No, its all the unit around him that are causing the problem.
User avatar
matsjoyce
 
Posts: 207
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 2:10 pm
Location: UK

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby Dugi » November 17th, 2017, 10:21 pm

matsjoyce wrote:Dang, how did SkyOne hack my GitHub account? :mrgreen: SkyOne has a rocket pod under the wing, I'm just a plain F22.
Sorry, sorry. I didn't realise until now that the jet fighter guy are actually two distinct people. Please don't laugh at me.

matsjoyce wrote:No, its all the unit around him that are causing the problem.
The fix (thank you for fixing it) applies only to the github version. Isn't it caused by the outdated version on the server?

Konrad2 wrote:10-1 ranged Hatchet to a 10-3 ranged Hatchet especially. It makes me think that this version of the dwarvish hero is very old. From back then, when the dwarvish lord had a 10-2 ranged Hatchet (that way the level up would have only added one strike instead of two).
Yes, it's old. I have not noticed that change on Dwarvish Lord. I have reduced his damage to 10-2.

I was thinking about renaming him to Dwarvish Scion. What do you guys say?
Author of Legend of the Invincibles.
I am human, stronger than any god. -Joe Tiberi
User avatar
Dugi
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Carpathian Mountains

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby Konrad2 » November 18th, 2017, 12:20 am

@dugi
Scion sounds good.

'misdraconia' doesn't work vs dragons.

EDIT: 'Chasing Dragons'
When Asheviere and Lethalia talk, Asheviere says that Lethalia could marry Efraim and rule that way over Wesnoth. Lethalia tells Asheviere that elves don't do marriage, that it doesn't exist for elves.
And that's where she is wrong.
Kalenz married Cleodil. Therefore elves do marry. http://wesnoth.wikia.com/wiki/Kalenz
Attachments
LotI1-Chasing_Dragons-Auto-Save4.gz
33,18
(1011.93 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
You are a Ghost: you drain the life energy from other people to survive and are hated/feared by regular people.
Konrad2
 
Posts: 600
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby matsjoyce » November 18th, 2017, 8:41 am

@Konrad2 Dragons stuff is fixed
User avatar
matsjoyce
 
Posts: 207
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 2:10 pm
Location: UK

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby Konrad2 » November 18th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Lethalias Doppelgängers AMLA is 'bugged'. After chosing the AMLA 'better with axe combat', it changes to 'better with sword'.

EDIT: 'The first blow'
Any kind of undead you have is recalled. Not just those you created 'An Army is born'. So if you have an Ancient Lich on your recall list, he is recalled as well.

EDIT 2: Btw, Doppelgängers retain all dmg boni from items the original had.
Attachments
LotI1-The_First_Blow-Auto-Save1.gz
46,20
(1019.41 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
LotI1-An_Army_Is_Born-Auto-Save1.gz
Doppelgänger
(820.83 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
You are a Ghost: you drain the life energy from other people to survive and are hated/feared by regular people.
Konrad2
 
Posts: 600
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby matsjoyce » November 18th, 2017, 8:55 pm

@Konrad2 Fixed
User avatar
matsjoyce
 
Posts: 207
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 2:10 pm
Location: UK

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby Konrad2 » November 19th, 2017, 12:26 am

Are item drops deactivated for 'An Army is born' and 'The First Blow'? (If yes, why?)
And while looking and failing to find something about this in the code I found the explanation as to why villages give almost no income/why my base income is low in this scenario -> Because most of the undeads are loyal. But the Doppelgängers are not loyal.

EDIT: Retaining the dmg boni from the original means I could stack another layer of boni for the Doppelgänger. (There is only one reason why that's not a good idea. Their AMLAs are(probably intentionally) bad. XP is literally wasted on them.)

EDIT 2: 'The First Blow'
The soldiers of Prince (orange) are not being revived upon dying.

EDIT 3: 'Invasion'
Not loyal undeads (like level 0 walking corpses) are not used as parts for the skeletal dragons.

EDIT 4: 'Invasion'
The skeletal dragons are not loyal...That's an incredible strain to my gold reserves. :(

EDIT 5: Killing units with 'kamikaze sprint' doesn't give any xp.

EDIT 6: 'Bloodbath'
All my undead units (except the Doppelgängers) have been deleted after this scenario. I don't have any access to them anymore, not even with soulgate (yes I used debug to test that this fast).
I've reported that bug before. A long time ago. :C It's game breaking as far as I'm concerned, I've spent a lot of effort on raising them. :( And I've equipped them with items as well. :(
I want them back. >.<

EDIT 7: 'Lost in Space'
Luala (a Mermaid Siren in the aquatic world) was seen last in 'The Army of Darkness'. Sometimes she is killed by the Ghosts, sometimes she survives. But she was never killed by Efraim (or Lethalia). And as Lethalia explained, those people in Efraims mind are creatures they dispatched/killed. So. Luala can't or at least shouldn't be there.
Attachments
LotI1-The_Library-Auto-Save1.gz
EDIT 6: No undead units... except Doppelgängers
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
LotI1-Bloodbath_Turn_10.gz
EDIT 6: Bloddbath -> obviously undead units
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
LotI1-Bloodbath_Turn_6.gz
EDIT 5: 28,19 to 26,15 and attack with scythe
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
You are a Ghost: you drain the life energy from other people to survive and are hated/feared by regular people.
Konrad2
 
Posts: 600
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby matsjoyce » November 20th, 2017, 2:56 pm

@Konard2
Konrad2 wrote:Are item drops deactivated for 'An Army is born' and 'The First Blow'? (If yes, why?)

No, I got a drop. It's just a low probability. See https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Scenarios ... my_Is_Born
Konrad2 wrote:And while looking and failing to find something about this in the code I found the explanation as to why villages give almost no income/why my base income is low in this scenario -> Because most of the undeads are loyal. But the Doppelgängers are not loyal.

Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT: Retaining the dmg boni from the original means I could stack another layer of boni for the Doppelgänger. (There is only one reason why that's not a good idea. Their AMLAs are(probably intentionally) bad. XP is literally wasted on them.)

Deliberate
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 2: 'The First Blow'
The soldiers of Prince (orange) are not being revived upon dying.

Maybe they are magically protected?
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 3: 'Invasion'
Not loyal undeads (like level 0 walking corpses) are not used as parts for the skeletal dragons.

Deliberate, only level 1 units are used. Can't make dragons from any old bones.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 4: 'Invasion'
The skeletal dragons are not loyal...That's an incredible strain to my gold reserves. :(

Seems like a legit complaint. Made them loyal.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 5: Killing units with 'kamikaze sprint' doesn't give any xp.

Fixed. It will give XP in the current version, just you need to attack something else first.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 6: 'Bloodbath'
All my undead units (except the Doppelgängers) have been deleted after this scenario. I don't have any access to them anymore, not even with soulgate (yes I used debug to test that this fast).
I've reported that bug before. A long time ago. :C It's game breaking as far as I'm concerned, I've spent a lot of effort on raising them. :( And I've equipped them with items as well. :(
I want them back. >.<

Would just killing all undead without items be OK?
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 7: 'Lost in Space'
Luala (a Mermaid Siren in the aquatic world) was seen last in 'The Army of Darkness'. Sometimes she is killed by the Ghosts, sometimes she survives. But she was never killed by Efraim (or Lethalia). And as Lethalia explained, those people in Efraims mind are creatures they dispatched/killed. So. Luala can't or at least shouldn't be there.

Achilles dies of his wounds, and he is there. Leth said "All told, I think that the inhabitants of your mind are the creatures and people we dispatched, and their descendants.", so I guess she doesn't know the whole set of prerequisites.
User avatar
matsjoyce
 
Posts: 207
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 2:10 pm
Location: UK

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby Konrad2 » November 21st, 2017, 12:24 am

matsjoyce wrote:Maybe they are magically protected?

Please tell the player. ^^

matsjoyce wrote:Would just killing all undead without items be OK?

Warn the player at the beginning of the scenario though. :)
(Why kill the undead at all?)

matsjoyce wrote:Achilles dies of his wounds, and he is there. Leth said "All told, I think that the inhabitants of your mind are the creatures and people we dispatched, and their descendants.", so I guess she doesn't know the whole set of prerequisites.

Granted. ^^ How would you like this idea: They are some kind of vortex, attracting lose souls, which they need to sustain themselves (while they have no idea of this).

EDIT: Looking thtough the information here https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Scenarios I noticed something peciular. apparently there is not a single scenario where a 'polearm' can drop. Not a single one. Which kinda sucks for my Exterminatrix. Because there is a cool item set for her. And a polearm (Exterminator's Scythe) is part of it and it will never. Ever. Ever. Drop.
Kinda sucks for my Scythemaster as well. He is using a scythe. Sure, he has no cool item set, but I just have to craft a polearm if I want him to have a weapon. (I gave the Soul Harvester to my Exterminatrix so she won't be sad.)
Is there a reason why polearms can't drop anymore?

EDIT 2: 'Invasion' and 'Bloodbath'
In both scenarios Side 5 was reserved for your droided undead army. But that option (droiding them) was removed, while that side stayed, but it's obsolete now. Maybe remove it? :)

EDIT 3: 'Library'
Zortheus is weaker compared to him in 'Bloodbath'

EDIT 4: Pretty much the whole chapter 4.
Lethalia and Efraim don't want to use necromacy on human(and elvish?) corpses. But plague works vs the humans they attack...so. They are raising human corpses. ._. Maybe deactivate plague vs humans? (Except the last scenario if the player decides so)
EDIT 4.2: This should also be a valid concern for their fight with the shadow empire, their fights vs the bandits in chapter 2 & 3 and their fight vs Achilles' people. (And their battles vs Lilith believers.)

EDIT 5: Update to the forsaken 'bug'
It probably wasn't a bug. I noticed it once more, but only when Efraim is next to my duke. And guess what. That duke had an ability to increase resistances by 20%, just like the forsaken ability. (Which is why I thought forsaken didn't work properly.)
Then I checked that old savefile I uploaded about this. Back then my duke had 'Armour of the friendly general' equiped and was increasing everyones(those next to him) resistances by 20%. Same problem, although different ability. It was just a mistake. ^^
You are a Ghost: you drain the life energy from other people to survive and are hated/feared by regular people.
Konrad2
 
Posts: 600
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby matsjoyce » November 22nd, 2017, 9:44 am

Konrad2 wrote:Please tell the player. ^^

Done.
Konrad2 wrote:Warn the player at the beginning of the scenario though. :)
(Why kill the undead at all?)

You need a distraction while you slip away? Ask @Dugi for that, I'm not sure how much of a plot point it is.
Konrad2 wrote:Granted. ^^ How would you like this idea: They are some kind of vortex, attracting lose souls, which they need to sustain themselves (while they have no idea of this).


Sure. The exact mechanism is not stated anywhere so any theory goes.

Konrad2 wrote:EDIT: Looking thtough the information here https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Scenarios I noticed something peciular. apparently there is not a single scenario where a 'polearm' can drop. Not a single one. Which kinda sucks for my Exterminatrix. Because there is a cool item set for her. And a polearm (Exterminator's Scythe) is part of it and it will never. Ever. Ever. Drop.
Kinda sucks for my Scythemaster as well. He is using a scythe. Sure, he has no cool item set, but I just have to craft a polearm if I want him to have a weapon. (I gave the Soul Harvester to my Exterminatrix so she won't be sad.)
Is there a reason why polearms can't drop anymore?


For some reason the "Exterminator's Scythe" is counted as a sword for drops. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 2: 'Invasion' and 'Bloodbath'
In both scenarios Side 5 was reserved for your droided undead army. But that option (droiding them) was removed, while that side stayed, but it's obsolete now. Maybe remove it? :)

You can switch back to AI control, so the side is still needed.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 3: 'Library'
Zortheus is weaker compared to him in 'Bloodbath'

FIxed.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 4: Pretty much the whole chapter 4.
Lethalia and Efraim don't want to use necromacy on human(and elvish?) corpses. But plague works vs the humans they attack...so. They are raising human corpses. ._. Maybe deactivate plague vs humans? (Except the last scenario if the player decides so)
EDIT 4.2: This should also be a valid concern for their fight with the shadow empire, their fights vs the bandits in chapter 2 & 3 and their fight vs Achilles' people. (And their battles vs Lilith believers.)

That a pretty complicated and major change so I doubt its worth doing.
User avatar
matsjoyce
 
Posts: 207
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 2:10 pm
Location: UK

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby Konrad2 » November 22nd, 2017, 10:22 am

'We walk in the Shadows'
Typo in the scenario objectives
wituout
You are a Ghost: you drain the life energy from other people to survive and are hated/feared by regular people.
Konrad2
 
Posts: 600
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby matsjoyce » November 22nd, 2017, 10:25 am

@Konrad2 Fixed
User avatar
matsjoyce
 
Posts: 207
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 2:10 pm
Location: UK

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby Konrad2 » November 22nd, 2017, 11:11 am

Kamikaze spirit and whirlwind don't work well together. :/
Attachments
LotI1-Northwestern_Storeroom-Auto-Save4.gz
(1011.3 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
You are a Ghost: you drain the life energy from other people to survive and are hated/feared by regular people.
Konrad2
 
Posts: 600
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby matsjoyce » November 22nd, 2017, 4:06 pm

@Konrad2 Yeah, this is a complicated one. I've opened a bug report at https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... /issues/57
User avatar
matsjoyce
 
Posts: 207
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 2:10 pm
Location: UK

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Postby Konrad2 » November 22nd, 2017, 6:30 pm

Akulas place
Spoiler:
You are a Ghost: you drain the life energy from other people to survive and are hated/feared by regular people.
Konrad2
 
Posts: 600
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Scenario & Campaign Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests