[Complete] March Wesnoth Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Becephalus
Inactive Developer

[Complete] March Wesnoth Tournament

Post by Becephalus »

Well with all this talk of tournaments and ladders, I resolved to run a March 16 player tournament.

It will be on 1.1.1 on the map Blitz with 2gpv 70%exp and fog. Standard single elimination. PM me if you are interested in playing. I will pair people off and set up a bracket randomly. You will be expected to play 1 game within a 5 day span each week. Probably Tue-Sat.

Anyway I do not know whether this will be associated with the ladder or not, but people in the ladder are free to have the games do double duty :)
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Since it is only 4 games those who don't like it can suffer through 4 games. April's tournament will be Den of Onis. Although if people keep joining at this rate I may need to expand to 32 slots :(

Entrants list: CLOSED tournament full

Bracket:

Round 1 (ends sunday)

side a
Pietro vs Dragonking WON DRAGONKING

Leo vs Marwen WON MARWEN

Squig vs Soliton WON SOLITON

Themroc (Pikel) vs JW WON PIKEL

side b

Lugo Mall vs Kamnik WON LUGO MALL

Ereksos vs Becephalus WON EREKSOS

Doc Paterson vs Mordred DOC CONCEDED

Drachefly vs Loop WON DRACHEFLY

Round 2

side a

Dragonking vs Marwen DRAGONKING WON

Soliton vs Pikel SOLITON WON

side b

Lugo Mall vs Ereksos

Mordred vs Drachefly MORDRED WON
Last edited by Becephalus on March 22nd, 2006, 1:00 pm, edited 24 times in total.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
StRiDaH

Post by StRiDaH »

check your PM

edit: Ok I processed your application, you're officially a TD, im sending you a new PM, hold on.
Leo

Post by Leo »

I'm intrested. (Dont look at my post counter, I'm playing&reading forum for two months).

But why 1.1.1? Why doesn't play stable version?
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

I think most of the regular players play the development version. It is you know, an improvement. you can have separate installations.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Becephalus wrote: Although if people keep joining at this rate I may need to expand to 32 slots :(
32 would be much better, in my opinion. :D

With single elimination, you can expect a lot of wild upsets. Still, ought to be fun.

By the way, if you win the tournament, you get bronzed and placed in Dave's living room.

(Just thought everyone should know what they're playing for.)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
JW

Post by JW »

Becephalus wrote: I am unilaterally including the following through fiat (seriously though get back to me :) ):

JW?
Yeah, I'll play. :)
Lugo Moll

Post by Lugo Moll »

If there is room, I could join.

So, how will the outcomes of the matches be confirmed? Will there be a "judge" watching all games or something?
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies."
-Roger the shrubber
StRiDaH

Post by StRiDaH »

Both players save the replay, and the loser reports the loss to the tournament site.
appleide

Post by appleide »

@Stirdah: You mean this site? http://www.myleague.com/wesnoth1v1/

I thought Bec's Tourney was different to your ladder... Isn't it? Then which site do we report loss to?? I thought it was going to be something like, the results of games PMed to Becephalus...
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
Leo

Post by Leo »

I think most of the regular players play the development version. It is you know, an improvement. you can have separate installations.
Ok, lets accept it. Number two - because its development version, it will change to March, isn't it? It will be 1.1.2 out.
toms

Post by toms »

Fog? :o You know that I just want to mention that no-fog clanmemebers maybe also wat to play there, even if I don´t.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

No fog games are not as skillful as fogged ones, and therefore against the pinnacle of excellence we are trying to get to in this tournament.

Also, No fog players are a minority among the elite players.
Lugo Moll

Post by Lugo Moll »

Random or optional factions/leaders? (I'd like random.) Will it be played in 1.1.1 or the newest development version that is out when the tournament starts?

Oh, and I also prefer fogged games.
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies."
-Roger the shrubber
Squig

Post by Squig »

i m not really sure to understand how this work? has there been some kind of schism in the organisation between becephalus and stridah?

Hum, in any case, i d be glad to take part in the tournament. Or both.