[Complete] PYRA Mettle, Insecurity, Despair - III. PYRAMID Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ShadowVeil1

Re: PYRA Mettle, Insecurity, Despair - III. PYRAMID Tourname

Post by ShadowVeil1 »

Hello to everyone again and congratulations to all those who won their matches and all those who gave all their effort to win. I would like to make it known that I am usually never late with deadlines, I even played the opening matches for both round 1 and round 2. It just happened so that I had no Internet access for a week or so. But I had that in mind and I know round 3 is supposed to end before 9th of June, so dear Spanish Inquisitor, I am by all means NOT hiding from you :D I am available to play any hour after 18:00 pm CEST next two days. Please reply to confirm if that is okay with you, NanRage :)
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

XDD I know, today I can play! I'll be online arround 18 or 19h gmt +1.

Salut!

P.D. Catalan...
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

There are still 5 ongoing matches, which makes my attempts at doing the pairings for round 4 complicated. Hopefully there will be only 3 remaining (or less) tomorrow morning, so you can find the info a bit later.
abhijit

Post by abhijit »

Looking forward to the pairings.
Winner of The Alternate Frontier
potyi-HUN

Post by potyi-HUN »

Oook vs potyi-HUN

Oook played very well, but it was a big problem that spearmen attacking the mage almost all missed.
Attachments
PYRA_-_Swamp_of_Dread_visszajátszás_Oook_vs_potyi-HUN_2017_06_09_DU6.gz
(47.37 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
ShadowVeil1

Post by ShadowVeil1 »

Where are you Spanish Inquisition :D?? I waited for you from 8 till 10 pm this evening :twisted: Hidding... are we...;DDD
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Question to every participants:

Would you like to have an opportunity to be paired with one of your previous opponents, or you want me to avoid that whenever possible? I realised that i haven't defined that in the rules, and you might have a strong preference on this issue.

So what do you think?
abhijit

Post by abhijit »

It makes the otherwise way complicated process simple. I have no problems with it, since it will happen eventually.
Winner of The Alternate Frontier
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

Long game with grunt+village income hitting me all the way.
Spoiler:
Attachments
shadowvwil11.gz
40 to end.
(122.9 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
ShadowVeil.gz
turn 20 to 40
(106.5 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
sv.gz
Turn 1 to 20
(74.64 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
ShadowVeil1

Post by ShadowVeil1 »

Well played NanRoig, you have always been the better player. Thanks for the game. Horus2 I retire from the tournament, find a substitute for me, thanks to everyone who supported me. I don't want to explain reasons for leaving, I just feel like doing so. Good luck to everyone else on tournament folks!
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Today i tried to make the pairing as promised, but ran into a little trouble.
There are three matches remaining, but two of them features players with different amount of leaders (modrzew vs ikomizo, yanosz vs Ammazzalepri). There is also a Maboul vs tetsudo, but that is least concern. This is really unfortunate as it makes the pairing unpredictable - we cannot even tell if there will be an angry spirit in Round 4 yet.
Round 3 officially ends on Saturday midnight, so it is not a big strech to delay it to Monday midnight. By that time, yanosz and Ammazzalepri will likely be able to finish their already legendary clash. When that happens, i randomly assign the remaining players regardless their amount of leaders in store.
I am determined to desintegrate a random leader of both sides if none of them shows any actvity till Wednesday. I sincerely hope i do not have to commit that.

Sorry for the delay and see you on Monday evening!

Regarding playing against tge same opponents twice, so far 4 out of 4 participants agreed on being able to rematch against a previous opponent is the better solution, so ready yourselves for the idea.
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

I only played 2 games, I havent played the 2nd round
Maboul

Post by Maboul »

I'm still waiting for an answer from tetsudo
I don't mind to play a rematch. At least I'll have an opponent ;-)
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Individual messages have been sent to all the missing players.
Maboul wrote:I'm still waiting for an answer from tetsudo
I don't mind to play a rematch. At least I'll have an opponent ;-)
tetsudo is completely absent since his first defeat. This means he will lose a leader on Monday midnight and then i can finalise the pairings.
5/5 on being able to play against former opponents, i think it has been decided.
NanRage wrote:I only played 2 games, I havent played the 2nd round
By now, all leaders of Lets_Go have been desintegrated, which means you and ElderofZion won against him in Round 2 and 3.
ShadowVeil1 wrote:Well played NanRoig, you have always been the better player. Thanks for the game. Horus2 I retire from the tournament, find a substitute for me, thanks to everyone who supported me. I don't want to explain reasons for leaving, I just feel like doing so. Good luck to everyone else on tournament folks!
Alright, i do not queston the decision even though i would like to. I consider this decision final.
There are no subs at this stage, and probably will not be Round 9 either with you and Solymos withdrawing.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

This is the pairing for the fourth round, typed in a hurry...

It is played on Karphiol Valley.

NanRage vs abhijit
ElderofZion vs Maboul
Danniel_BR vs gnidaoL
modrzew vs Krogen
Mint vs ikomizo*
Horus vs tetsudo
yanosz vs potyi-HUN
Ammazzalepri* vs draghen

There are however a few possible alterations to this, marked in the list. You can already play these too, but be prepared that the match may turn out to be not the actual tournament match.
  • If ikomizo loses the game versus modrzew, Mint will face Oook, the Angry Spirit.
  • If Ammazzalepri loses the game versus yanosz, draghen will face Oook, the Angry Spirit.
  • If both of these players are eliminated in their Round 3 games, Mint will face draghen, and Oook rests in peace.