[Complete] International Wesnoth Tournament 2016

Moderator: Forum Moderators

py6aka

Re: International Wesnoth Tournament 2016

Post by py6aka »

vandal (orcs) won jurijuice (elves) at Caves_of_the_Basilisk (round 6)
Attachments
2p__Caves_of_the_Basilisk_Turn_14_(44090)_vandal_vs_jurijuice.bz2
(43.86 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
The Silver Age Project
Wanna help? Contact us!
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

marico vs Krogen
marico_vs_Krogen.gz
(39.25 KiB) Downloaded 512 times
Drake mirror on Fallenstar (We reopened 2 mirrors, and we agreed that we are going to play if the third is a mirror too, and lo and behold!). I would like to nominate this match for the most boring match of the tournament.

Also, the IWT is over for me, thx for the games Kasia, ReNoM, Argesilao, jurijuice, vandal and marico!
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
draghen

Post by draghen »

draghen!
r
a
g
h
e
n
!

My second win using loyalists vs knalgans. I defeated Berez the draghen-hunter on Fallenstar.

Great wesnoth night vs Hungary.

Krogen: a draghen mirror is never boring!
Attachments
2p_—_Fallenstar_Lake_replay_IWT_Berez_vs_draghen!.gz
(18.03 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
Ammazzalepri

Post by Ammazzalepri »

py6aka wrote: [*]Pairs. The best way to set pairs is look at ladder rating (>2000 elo = 1st place; no ladder or <1500 elo = last place). Fights are more spectacular and we give a chance to inexperienced players.
I totally agree. It should be cool if every nation have to set up a team with kind of 1 champion + 3 knights + 5 infantry for example, and we could go beyond giving to each place an amount of points. For example the victory of the champion means 3 ponts, 2 for the knight and 1 for the infantry. This might give more dynamic and suspence for the matches: My team has gained 6 matches but they were all infantry and one knight... the next 3 matches are still decisive for the victory of the round!
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

ForPeace vs ReNoM

Today 18:30 PL time (19:30 Moscow)
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
MasterBao

Post by MasterBao »

Rekineck, hi. Can we start play today? after 1,5 hours i will be free and come in wesnoth lobbe/ If you can play lets will meet there after 1,5 hours
NymmeL

Post by NymmeL »

Gravellu -vs- NymmeL. I won. Nem tudom angolul szavakba ölteni megkérem egyik kedves Fordítani képes kollegát fordítsa le nekem a következőket.: Nagyon élveztem a meccset , 3 napon át játszottuk hol ott hol itt volt a szerencse. Számomra kemény ellenfél volt. Köszönöm hogy részt vehettem a Bajnokságon ez volt az utolsó mérkőzésem.
Köszönöm minden ellenfelemnek a játékot.
Attachments
2p_—_Swamp_Of_Dread_visszajátszás.gz
GG See you another time Gravellu.
(52.28 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

NymmeL asked someone to translate his words:
He really enjoyed the match with Gravellu, they played for three days with twists of fortune, and Gravellu was a tough opponent. He also wishes to thank the opportunity to participate in this tournament and the games to every opponents.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Gravellu

Post by Gravellu »

NymmeL wrote:Gravellu -vs- NymmeL. I won. Nem tudom angolul szavakba ölteni megkérem egyik kedves Fordítani képes kollegát fordítsa le nekem a következőket.: Nagyon élveztem a meccset , 3 napon át játszottuk hol ott hol itt volt a szerencse. Számomra kemény ellenfél volt. Köszönöm hogy részt vehettem a Bajnokságon ez volt az utolsó mérkőzésem.
Köszönöm minden ellenfelemnek a játékot.
Thank you Nymmel for the game. As i told you, it was a pleasure to play with you. :)
Alterius non sit qui suus esse potest
ReNoM

Post by ReNoM »

Elves overpowered Undeads. Defensive tactics work well, gg wp.
Attachments
ReNoM_vs_ForPeace.gz
(29.49 KiB) Downloaded 442 times
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

ReNoM wrote:Elves overpowered Undeads. Defensive tactics work well, gg wp.
Thanks for the game ReNoM. Tough matchup and good opponent was too much for me. GG WP.

So this was my last IWT game, so I want to thank every player I played with: Ammazzalepri, szdik570, py6aka, Sahblabla, Regno-Bello and ReNoM for very enjoyful and interesting games and Horus for the organization.

Although I don't complain about opponents I played with in the tournament, I agree with Ammazzalepri's proposal. Matches where top-tier ladder players and not very experienced players meet should be avoided in my opinion.

Also, I doubt that the current system of double round robin is accurate as the tournament standings are almost certain now and were easy to predict during the tournament. If there were more teams in the next edition I'd propose one round robin cycle and then 4 teams with the best result would qualify to the knockouts, where 1st place would meet 4th and 2nd place the 3rd in semifinals. I believe it would add more emotions and fun to the tournament.

The timer was fine in my opinion, but I would change action bonus from 0 to 30 to make timer give you 360 s for every turn.

These are all my thoughts, it was a great pleasure for me to participate, thank you once again!
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
NymmeL

Post by NymmeL »

mechANIC -vs- NymmeL . I won.
Attachments
mechANIC_-vs-_NymmeL_I_won.gz
gg
(32.95 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
Gravellu

Post by Gravellu »

Gravellu wrote:Hi craken, i sended a pm to you,

Here my days (GMT + 1)
wednesday 18:00 - 22:00
thursday 18:00 - 22:00
friday 18:00 - 22:00
saturday 18:00 - 22:00
sunday 18:00 - 22:00

When you can?

See you.
Any news about craken?
Alterius non sit qui suus esse potest
Caritas

Post by Caritas »

i won with gnidaol
Attachments
2p_—_Clearing_Gushes_replay.gz
(23.31 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
Reqinek

Post by Reqinek »

Reqinek(Poland) over frafra(Italy).
Dwarves(p2) won over elves on Scarred Foothills, turn 10 leaderkill.
Attachments
IWT_2016_-_Reqinek_vs_frafra_-_DWARVES(p2)_vs_elves_-_Scarred_Foothills.gz
(22.12 KiB) Downloaded 483 times