[Complete] International Wesnoth Tournament 2016

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jarom
Location: Green Isle, Irdya or Poland, Earth - I'm not quite sure

Re: International Wesnoth Tournament 2016

Post by Jarom »

Jarom (Poland) vs marico (Italy) takes place now.
Caritas

Post by Caritas »

Actually the reason loys have so many wins is that Kasia picks them
MasterBao

Post by MasterBao »

szdik570, i cannt meet you/ I am in wesnoth lobby almost all evenings, after 20^00 or 21^00 of your time/ and in day time often. lets come in wesnoth and we will play. or write comfortable time for you here.
igorbat99

Post by igorbat99 »

igorbat99-Sahblabla, loy(i) won over drake.
Attachments
2p_—_Scarred_Foothills_Ход_20.gz
Loy(p2) Scarred_foothills won over drake(p1)
(45.09 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
Kasia13

Post by Kasia13 »

Kasia13 vs Doll
Tuesday 20.00
Jarom
Location: Green Isle, Irdya or Poland, Earth - I'm not quite sure

Post by Jarom »

Hellhole is actually unbalanced, it's normal to pass for drakes&dwarves, but extremely hard to attack when playing loyal, elves or orcs (probably ud too). Especially favourized is knalga with hills everywhere and the worst faction to play is loyal, with hills, caves and forests everywhere. I propose to remove it from maps list for next games.
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

I would pay to see your face when Horus shares the faction's winning statistics on Hellhole with you.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
draghen

Post by draghen »

It is not the map, orcs are awesome, but draghens are better. Saurians and gilders work so well here. I would like to see the stats for this map. Preferably after you finish your game vs marico :mrgreen:
Why you left the game without a word about fixing a new date? I hope it wil be soon :)
Berez

Post by Berez »

draghen wrote:Alright, Nymmel got lucky this time. Congratulations Berez: welcome onboard the draghen express!!!

Berez - draghen : Friday h. 20:00 :D
Alright, it will be fun ;) :D!
Horus2 wrote:
ElderofZion wrote:If anyone has some time to do this, can somebody make a chart with IWT matches statistics regarding each faction's winrate? That would be really interesting xD
The last time i accounted it around the end of the third round:

Loyalists - 18 wins, 8 losses, win ratio is 69,2%
Rebels - 8 wins, 9 losses, win ratio is 47,1%
Knalga - 6 wins, 7 losses, win ratio is 46,2%
Northerners - 8 wins, 10 losses, win ratio is 44,4%
Undead - 11 wins, 10 losses, win ratio is 52,4%
Drakes - 7 wins, 12 losses, win ratio is 36,8%

Somehow i am not surprised about the board leader...
Normally i would calculate in the skill the players shown during the match, so a stomp would worth only the fracture of a victory, but it is beyond my current capabilities.
Nice! It may also be interesting to note the number of mirrors at the tournament for each race, in order to create a clearer picture (I, for myself, had one mirror with drakes, so one of their seven victories was quite impossible to lose... :D ).

The undeads' second place is quite suprising though (for me at least)
vandal

Post by vandal »

Hi everyone! Can someone help me to find jurijuice? I text him, but if u know where is he, plz send him to me:)
Btw, i need go to work in far,far away, so we need play in 3 days or i cant play after that deadline. Plz contact me Skype: vandal.a
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

ForPeace wrote:I tend to think loyalists are the easiest faction for not-so-experienced players and also countering them in most matchups is hard. Rebels if don't make woses, which is surprisingly too often, stand almost no chance if loyalist isn't stupidly overaggressive and prepares a good attack. Same about knalgans, dependably on a map. Orc has problems with breaking spearmen wall and if fails it usually means gg. Undead are in general a hard faction for newcomers, and drake finds it hard to counter mass spearmen attack (rare we see Saurian rushes).

So maybe this tournament should be an inspiration for a nerf of loyalists, but on high ladder elo level players are better at dealing with loys, maybe it's not so necessary.
I agree, and that is why we should not use it as balance evidence. Look at those poor draghens/smokies/scorcherers, and shriek when you learn that with time, their winrate only got worse (down to 36,0% now)! There are no other logical explanations.
Berez wrote:The undeads' second place is quite suprising though (for me at least)
It goes without saying, but ElderofZion tampered the results. He is the only remaining main player in the tournament without a loss. His clash with Mr. Nineteen will be a sight to behold. 8)
Jarom wrote:Hellhole is actually unbalanced, it's normal to pass for drakes&dwarves, but extremely hard to attack when playing loyal, elves or orcs (probably ud too). Especially favourized is knalga with hills everywhere and the worst faction to play is loyal, with hills, caves and forests everywhere. I propose to remove it from maps list for next games.
You are clearly prejudicial with this claim. The data is on another computer though; please get a webcam before i finish the negotiations with Krogen about the details of payment. :mrgreen:
py6aka

Post by py6aka »

While the tournament is not over yet, our community would like to express gratitude to the organizers and to involve the community to discuss some aspects of the tournament. Nuances may be more, but we have identified the most basic and interesting for us.
  • The tourney format. We all think that the idea of an international tournament is good. This is a good way to promote the professional Wesnoth in the masses. The division games into rounds also was a good idea. The tournament allows to meet with players other nations. But the tournament also lacks the judges.
  • Timer. This was our requirement. Selected settings do not interfere, and at the same time stimulate the player. However, we think that with the consent of both sides the timer can be turned off.
  • Map pack. This was a weak side of the tourney. The bad maps and poor timer bug :( In the future we can voting for maps or choose more conservative variants.
  • Matching games. Second weak side. The official forum is not always the best tool for this. Applications for the tournament must be submitted together with the 2-3 ways of communication. And with true GMT of player :D
  • Pairs. The best way to set pairs is look at ladder rating (>2000 elo = 1st place; no ladder or <1500 elo = last place). Fights are more spectacular and we give a chance to inexperienced players.
  • Pick faction. Here two sides of the coin. This good for inexperienced players and unacceptable for professionals. But we believe that this rule should be discarded.
  • Replacements. Realy good idea. We were used to accelerate the completion of rounds. Maybe we should extend this rule? Make it mandatory for unfinished games.
  • Delaying rounds. This was good way for big tourney. But sometimes you need to be tougher with the players.
  • Chat. It would be nice to enter a formal restriction on use only of English in the game chat. However, this should not apply to a possible translator. For observers chat give ban only for offense. And player must have a right to mute chat.
  • Rematching games. This rule should be regulated and delivered within the time frame. For example, a player may appeal within 5 turns.
Also, the tournament is not enough interactivity. It would be nice if the user could learn the schedule of games and check the current status of the tournament. We have a tournament engine that we could finalize and propose for the next tournament.

Once again, thank Horus for the organization of this tournament. We really enjoyed :D
The Silver Age Project
Wanna help? Contact us!
marico

Post by marico »

marico (drakes) won over Jarom (orcs) on Hellhole
Thanks again for the game
Attachments
marico_vs_Jarom_IWT_2016.gz
(33.59 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
MasterBao

Post by MasterBao »

MasterBao won szdik570
undead (random) vs choisen loyalists with Leytenant leader
Attachments
Won_szdik570.gz
(38.84 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Well, actually I am not looking to any nerf for loyalists right now, actually I think their HI may need a slight buff xD I concluded that after my last ladder game. I don't see much use for it, even if I was ud i would actually be happy to see loyal make HI