[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Oook

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition (Org. week!)

Post by Oook »

Heh, seems to me that 'London time' is more likely to be confused with GMT than BST is ;). If only there was some way to unambiguously denote a time...

As such, my first action as time master is to declare that it's hammer time! outwit the Doctor suggest that all times are stated in GMT (handily compatible with the team time-zone listing).
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

neki wrote:[...] and to other Wesnoth players out there, who for the most part are chronologically disabled:
Please keep it civil. Tournament hype is okay, but that was an actual, unnecessary insult.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
neki

Post by neki »

Hi, Crendgrim!

Nice to see you! I notice you have fallen to the darkside, though :). Even remember you modifying your own thoughts and forum posts in what appeared to be the spirit of selfcensorship. But this is a discussion for a private conversation, not a TGT post.

However, my comment was not an insult, nor unnecessary, as you can see from here: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 69#p557969

Everybody preferred to just put the issue under the carpet, like it never existed, instead of telling Mint in a straightforward and fair manner that he was wrong. I can give you additional examples, but I do not want to provide free insults to anybody, that's why I kept my post civilized and general and to point out that we should be more careful with the way we set our match times. I had at least 2 incidents in the previous TGTs with my opponents showing up one hour later. We all make mistakes and the first step to correct them is to admit them.

neki out
nani

Post by nani »

/me is checking out for holidays now aka ~2300 EGST / GMT / UTC.
I'll be back at the end of next week. Scheduling of our matches will start then hopefully. 8)
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Well everything has been already said before me, but here is my post, so that you have TGTs-official stance ;)
neki wrote:Therefore, I propose we say the name of a city when stating time.
Starting times are to be stated in GMT format. It really makes much more sense for one person to convert his local time into GMT once, than to demand everyone else to do so before every game. THIS would be actually observers-unfriendly and would cause a lot of confusion, as this very conversation has shown. There are more than enough tools in the Useful Links category to help you with time conversion, use them.
neki wrote:chronologically disabled
neki wrote:bumbablabla
Reread this post, particularly the "TGTs general rule"-part. It was adressed mainly to you, if you didn't understand.

Finally, though "referee" is not a position of power you still are part of the TGT-Crew and still represent us. And just as you expected AI and bumbadadabum, as developers, to be partciularly forthcoming with organising games, so will players (not to mention admins...) expect from you, as referee, to stick to the very rules you agreed to watch over.

Oook: Thanks for pointing out this time zone misunderstanding, i corrected my post :)
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
TheBlackThunderX9

Post by TheBlackThunderX9 »

....I have certainly been quite idle in this thread.... Well, I am just posting this to say hello to everyone. So, hello, everyone! :wink:
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Alright, I'm back for good. Tons of unread messages and posts... I don't think I'll sleep much tonight :P
Sorry for this short post, I just want to let everyone know I'll reply to their pms as soon as I can.

Edit:
First post updated with scheduled games!

Inactive teams
There are two players from two different teams that have not responded to any of my pms: Phsyconductor of Garuda and Danniel_BR of Pffffff F.C.. These teams get suspended which means they will be moved to the reserve list and replaced, if they don't respond before the reserve team does.
However, if their teammates know them in real life and can provide me with a reason for their temporary absence, no action will be taken (that is, of course, if the absence isn't so long they won't be able to play out the 1st round).

Apologies
I know I'm a poor admin, and leaving for vacations like this was a bit unprofessional, and I've fallen behind with responding to pms, so I'd like to apologise for any inconvenience I'd caused. I promise I won't take any leaves during the rest of the tournament.
Also, sorry but I won't reply to all pms as I just can't stay awake any longer (I haven't slept well for like 17 days now).

Thanks,
Dunno
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

My deepest apologies, but I won't be able to play today. I'm having some severe computer issues and really can't play wesnoth right now. I suggest to move the match to next Sunday, if that's possible. I hope it's not that much of a problem.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

Well prob he didnt expect any message and havent check box mail, I let him know to come to say hello.

Thanks to Oook that told me about it XD
neki

Post by neki »

Well, there u have it. Bumba not being able to play a planned match. I canceled my real life plans for this game and there you have it. So, what now ? As a spectator, I am deeply upset. As a player, I am deeply upset about this and I do not wish to grant Bumba a pardon. As a referee I recomend that his teammate (AI) fill in for him and the match should be played).
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

neki, give me a break, your match was set for a date before the official opening of the first round! You can't blame and punish him for that, so no action will be taken. And as you can see, Bumbadadabum has already proposed a new date proving he's willing to cooperate. Calm down, please!
neki

Post by neki »

Lol at this "tournament", just LOL. If u had anything against us playing before the "official" date, u should have said something when the game was announced or as as soon as u returned, so please you give me a break with that argument. So let's say next week I got a real life problem and I propose the game to be played next week (I am cooperative). And after 2 weeks Daunt has a problem and after 3 AI has a problem. This is not sustainable and I am against. It is my right as a player to play at the scheduled date, fully agreed by all 4 players. There should be rules in place to deal with this kind of situation. As far as I am concerned, I will be there at 14:00 GMT. If the enemy team does not show up, it is a forfeit. Imagine Manchester not showing up for a Manchester vs Real Madrid match.

The decision to ignore an involved player's opinion is totally unprofessional and against the spirit of any tournament, be it Wesnoth or something else. The rule set always says: "If all players agree..." well, I am an involved player and I do not agree, especially since the pardon request came a few hours before the match.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

It seems I was able to fix the problems much quicker than I thought. I'll actually be able to make it! Sorry for the false alarm, the situation looked pretty bad, but I'm glad I was able to fix it and am now able to play it. Again, sorry for the false alarm.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Despite the technical difficulties,
the TGT season 4 opening match between RNG and Name Pending is starting soon.
We would like to welcome all obs to the show :)
Dauntless

Update: The first game has ended and Game 2 will start in 1 hour (18 pm GMT )
Dunno

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition (Round 1)

Post by Dunno »

Team Garuda gets replaced by the team Those who like to have fun (Ariu & Rene)

Reason: Phsyconductor being inactive.