[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dunno

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition (Sign up now

Post by Dunno »

Ok I think this is the time I should step in.
Everyone calm down! It's August 4, almost one month before the official launch, we have plenty of time and I don't want to make final decisions just yet, but if you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't. Don't insult others!

Neki and Mint: Australia-Central Standard Time, I hope that settles it.

Neki: instead of calling everyone who doesn't understand your rules stupid, lazy or whatever admit that it is a real problem that your rules are unclear. Nani was kind enough to rewrite your wall of text to make it more clean and readable, and you just went and criticised your own rules. Also, please read the rules that have already been implemented. Take a look at some quotes:
- At the beginning of every week (including the first week of round 1, the one after the organisation week), I'll send pms to every team that hasn't played a single match in the current round and has no matches in schedule and see what's the problem. A team that doesn't respond in 72 hours gets disqualified.
- Each team has a right to one reschedule per round and one warning per tournament.
-- Reschedule: postponing a match at least 4h before its original starting time.
-- Warning: these are given when a team doesn't show up at all or postpones a match sooner than 4h before its original starting time.
- After receiving a second warning the team is disqualified. If the second warning occurred early enough, a team from the reserve list may come in the free spot. I hope there won't be many cases like this, so I'll just negotiate the terms individually.
And there is more, but I don't want to repost rules in big quantity, just please read them once again.

Everyone: keep in mind that this thread is a part of the forum, so all the rules apply here as well, namely 1b or 1i. If anyone here keeps making insults or off-topic flamewars I'll personally ask mods to delete those posts. Consider this a warning.
Last edited by Dunno on August 4th, 2013, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Hello guys,
I do not have the time to post repeatedly and react to all possible counter-posts, so I will make this one statement and that is it.
In my opinion the rules are to be set by the TGT Main admin, which is Dunno. Of course any ideas should be welcome, but:

1. Dunno did consult the rules with alpha1 and me before he announced the tournament, so he is not a dictator over those. Neki also proposed his rules to us via pm before and we took them into account.

2. As much as your ideas and discussions are welcome, please keep good manners. It is sad to see people arguing before the tournament even starts. Secondly, please move any further discussions of this type to some other thread or pm. You kind of force all people to read these long (and sometimes not very polite) posts, which takes a lot of time and might not interest many. When i log on for a limited time period, I want to see tournament news or some funny posts, not people arguing 3 pages over some rule. This rule is definitely important and I agree that the tournament Schedule is an essential issue, but just for the sake of others dicsuss it elsewhere, please.

I am glad to see a lot of old faces come back and equally enthusiastic about tekelili making the ceremony :)

Cheers

Dauntless

P.S.: @tekelili if you need a new avatar for RNG for the ceremony, pls pm me. Wer can arrange that during the beta-test ;)
Last edited by 8680 on August 4th, 2013, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced [size] tags [Posting Guidelines §1d] with [b] tags.
neki

Post by neki »

Ok, I am done talking about rules. You got my rule set that guarantees 4 weeks per round, you got my volunteering offer as a referee which still has not been answered by the head organizer (I offered to be there at least 5 minutes for every properly announced match -12h before, the rest of the matches should not be considered, if you asked me, but this is up to the head organizer of course). And you got my promise that if a round lasts more than 4 weeks, I am right away out. Making mistakes three times in a row is ok, I guess. But making it a fourth time in a row, that's just too much for me, especially when you have been warned and we had a plan proposal for doing things differently. If you want to be consistent into this way of organizing "tournaments", that's fine for me, enjoy your "tournament" among yourselves. I just understand participating in a tournament as something different.

Good luck to the organizing committee, I really hope we get a proper tournament for once.

Cheers,

neki
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Dunno wrote:Don't insult others!
Yes, don’t.
TheEmptyLord

Post by TheEmptyLord »

Ok, so abhijit and I are officially signing up now:

Team name: Winged Cudgels
Teammate's name: abhijit
Team avatar: Drake Glider
My timezone: GMT -8:00
My teammate's timezone: GMT +5:30
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

TheEmptyLord wrote: My timezone: GMT -8:00
My teammate's timezone: GMT +5:30
That is one hell of a timezone difference :shock: Anyway, you're in, have fun!
TheEmptyLord

Post by TheEmptyLord »

That is one hell of a timezone difference :shock: Anyway, you're in, have fun!
Yeah, but we both should have flexible schedules :) Thanks!
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

@TBS: yup, shadows of the TGT-Throne is where all cool kids are now 8)
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

OFFICIAL-TGT NOTIFICATION

1. TGT going bigger, TGT going international!
Due to the recent influx of players from all over the world a Useful Links-category has been added to the rules post. It contains different GMT tools to allow players living in different timezones easier match-making. Hope this'll help.

2. Dreams of the mad King

I would also like to point out to the great post by Crimson King, that might have gone unnoticed in the turbulences of the last few days, particularly this part:
CrimsonKing wrote: PLAY TRAINING GAMES before and inbetween the tournament games, invite other players to them, offer them a sub position in your teams if you'll decide that they're competent enough.

I'd even advice to create a system of official TGT training games - something like naming the official training games in a fixed matter, for example:

TGT TRAINING: ToD. vs. Nerds R US
Such games might be particularly useful for newer teams that aren't familiar with some of the maps (the dreaded Terra Dwelve being one of them :twisted: ) or didn't have many opportunities to play together yet, but also for the rusty vets, who participate in the TGT after a longer wesbreak (some of them apparently being rustier than others, daunty ;))

As suggested by CK, trainings games should be named in this format:

TGT-TRAINING MATCH: <Team1*> vs <Team2>

(*full team names are ok, but it's better to use acronyms if your team name is particularly long)

Though this be madness yet there's method in't.
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

The Nerds would be up for training games I think. You can PM us to try set a time if you're interested and we can post here when it's finalised.
nani

Post by nani »

Training match announcement:

(Yet unregistered Team) Oook & plk2 will be facing Tentacles of the Deep today at around 6pm GMT.
plk2_

Post by plk2_ »

Nice to see Dunno organicing TGT IV. Sadly Nordmann seems to be lost in the unknow...

However i m glad to present our team now.

Team name: 99% Serious
Teammate's name: Oook
Team avatar:maybe orc lvl2 like last time
My timezone: GMT+2
My teammate's timezone: GMT+1
neki

Post by neki »

Nice to see you, plk2. Training game: 18:00 BST (London time), Friday. Double neki vs. Nerds. Daunt, if you have a free schedule on Friday, 18:00 BST, feel free to replace a neki :).

Cheers,

neki
peace

Post by peace »

During yesterday's game I noticed those 315s turns are extremely long, leading to a tedious game. So I suggest to decrease the turn bonus to 300s to improve the game flow.

Just kidding. But 300s are actually the maximum setting of turn bonus. :)
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

peace wrote:During yesterday's game I noticed those 315s turns are extremely long, leading to a tedious game. So I suggest to decrease the turn bonus to 300s to improve the game flow.

Just kidding. But 300s are actually the maximum setting of turn bonus. :)
Whoops! Alpha1 told me to increase this by 15s! That sad liar! I'm going to have a chat with him!