[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mint

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition (Round 1)

Post by Mint »

Today the server has been unreliable for hours(again), so it made me wonder; Can TGT games be played on an alternate server if the main server is down?
TheBlackThunderX9

Post by TheBlackThunderX9 »

Well... That's... Quite a twist? >I honestly didn't expect things to go this way< :shock:
Attachments
Well, what's happened happened. Let's just have a nice, warm bowl of spaghetti.
Well, what's happened happened. Let's just have a nice, warm bowl of spaghetti.
Last edited by TheBlackThunderX9 on September 15th, 2013, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Mint wrote:Today the server has been unreliable for hours(again), so it made me wonder; Can TGT games be played on an alternate server if the main server is down?
I would say so. The only difference is that the alternative server does not store games automatically, so just make sure to have a replay available.
It is better to play on the main one, but I think playing on the alternative is better than rescheduling for everybody.

Hope that answers your doubts

Cheers

Dauntless
Ariu

Post by Ariu »

@ Peace, nani I hope we play together yet in the tournament. :)
:shock:
neki wrote:Nope, I will not stand dictatorial censorship! I have noticed at least one of my posts got deleted and it made me sick. Sure, punish me, but let the world see what you punish me for. I withdraw from this "tournament". I am sure Daunt will have no problem in finding a replacement, since he is one of the guys contributing to this backstabbing. (don't worry, Daunt, I am not upset with you).

You will remember this day as the day you almost laid down censorship upon neki!

neki out of this tournament and these foul forums.
:hmm:
@ Neki not act like a child who is offended as there is something on his mind. You know best what you are. Not everyone has to like it but that's no reason to take offense to the whole world. Teams should not be left on the ground. Dauntless am I right? And sorry for my English because I know what it is. 8)
TheBlackThunderX9

Post by TheBlackThunderX9 »

Ariu wrote:@ Peace, nani I hope we play together yet in the tournament. :)
:shock:

:hmm:
@ Neki not act like a child who is offended as there is something on his mind. You know best what you are. Not everyone has to like it but that's no reason to take offense to the whole world. Teams should not be left on the ground. Dauntless am I right? And sorry for my English because I know what it is. 8)
No offense, but honestly, I can't understand what you are saying :hmm:
Ariu

Post by Ariu »

I'm not offended, and I know that my English is very bad. :cry:
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

For the record:
asked to refrain from posting any further comments until the end of the first round. I will personally ask a mod to delete any unnecessary posts.
Is not censorship. Censorship is when you disallow a person to speak their opinion before they even get a chance to provide any arguments. This above is moderation, which is disallowing a person to talk after they've made their point because of various reasons (here: offending other people and baseless accusations). Please know the difference because there are lots of people around the world who'd give up their life (literally) for a chance to speak and who actually have to face a dictatorship.

Anyway, neki's gone (makes me wonder why he's came back in the first place) and Daunt is looking for a new member. Now let me remind you that we have two games scheduled for this evening: 1630 GMT - Young Yippies (Alderin subbing for Naovy) vs The Motherlanders (game 1) and 1700 GMT - 99% Serious vs Nerds R Us (game 2)

See you guys on the battlefield!
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Nerds vs Serious game was saved, with the outcome still very much in the balance.

It should hopefully continue tomorrow at 1800GMT, subject to Oook's approval.
Last edited by The Black Sword on September 15th, 2013, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nagafono

Post by nagafono »

So, first game of Young Yippies and The Motherlanders.

Cruelty, massacre and evil raid from alliance of rebels and loyalists (YY) were tried to be stopped by cute, nice orcs, the spreaders of good and protectors of Motherland. :)
So what is the result? check replay or spoiler
Spoiler:
Attachments
tgt_YY_vs_TM.gz
(37.51 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Oook

Post by Oook »

The Black Sword wrote:Nerds vs Serious game was saved, with the outcome still very much in the balance.

It should hopefully continue tomorrow at 1800GMT, subject to Oook's approval.
Oook approves, game on at 1800 Monday :)
peace

Post by peace »

Tentacles of the Deep vs Garuda (poi subbing for Phsyconductor) is starting on the offical server now

UPDATE: game finished
Spoiler:
Attachments
4p_—_Xanthe_Chaos_Turn_16.gz
tentacles vs garuda game 1
(68.36 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

99% Serious, Undead and Loys vs Nerds R Us, Loys and Drakes - Game 2 on Loris River.
Spoiler:
Attachments
4p_—_Loris_River-Auto-Save15.gz
(61.32 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

(Don't open unless you already know the outcome of the 99% Serious vs Nerds game)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I already have said it, but feel need to do it again: Thanks a lot to Dunno for organize a new TGT edition, to alpha1 and Dauntless for a great work as TGT crew, and all players that friendly compete for fun and pride. I left Wesnoth very bored about 1v1 or human vs AI games, but this tournament remembered me how great and fun can Wesnoth still be. I think worth point when people make other people happy :)
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

The sun is slowly disappearing behind the Gryphon mountains and the Wesnoth arena guardsmen are slowly preparing for their well-deserved rest. Then, a lonely rider appears on the horizon.
The TGT warriors gather to meet the unexpected traveller. Who can it be? And why is he coming to the Wesnoth arena when the TGT has long begun?
With the last rays of sunlight, the pilgrim dismounts. Behold, it is Snowman, who answers the summons of Dauntless to join him in The Grand Tag quest.

It is my pleasure to announce that after neki has decided to leave the TGT, Snowman will replace him and fight alongside me for the rest of the tournament.

Cheers

Dauntless