Moderator: Forum Moderators

noob-killer

Re: PYRA Mermaid In Distress - The Tournament

Post by noob-killer »

spam Ducks :lol2:
thefish

Post by thefish »

Dauntless - thefish 9/9 30 gmt +1 ,6 hours from now .
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Some cannot tolerate inactivity as well as me. On your way to the mermaid, you encountered a small group of birds, led by a charming robin who willingly aided you in your quest; they showed the safest way to the Spinach Plains and even they dispatched some of the inhabiting level 6 units like Elvish Aimbot and Plutonium Dragon to make it even more like a cakewalk. All the robin asked for exchange is to entertain them by making record of their clashes and send a copy for them in time.
But time is running out, and what you was not aware of is that these seemingly well-mannered avians are working for the mafia, or Cozy Nestra as they prefer to call it. Now the Godfeather is very upset for this state of things. Let me carry a twitter message from him:

He already arranged a meeting with the best cleaners in the family to get rid of the lazybones: Harold Halfwing a cold-blooded psychowarbler, a thrush only known as the Draketrasher, James "Early" Oriolus who is fond of forgetting to ask before pulling the trigger, and Tom Bailey Stone, a hideous coal tit assassin.

So if you value your life, play 4 games out of 7 before the last minute of october is passed. And for love's sake, do not try to hug cute little birdies in fedora.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

TBS vs Enti on Tombs of Kesorak

Recruits: Ranger vs Marksman
Spoiler:
Attachments
PYRA_-_Tombs_of_Kesorak_replay.gz
(31.12 KiB) Downloaded 755 times
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Dauntless played a game vs thefish on Arcanclave citadel. A dynamic game featuring the favourite megakeep steal and other interesting stuff has ended :)

Result and game analysis:
Spoiler:
(recommended to read AFTER watching the replay) :)

Ill post the replay which i dont have on this computer later... ;)
thefish

Post by thefish »

noob-killer/thefish game already played on black smoke crater

noob-killer picks: gryphon , cavalryman , fencer, dwarvish fighter , orcish grunt, creep zombie

thefish: dark adept, drake fighter, glider, trapper, dwarvish fighter, saurian skirmisher.

thefish army has been able to steal village after village with a nice luck until reached noob-killer who died quickly as liutenant always does . GG
Attachments
PYRA_-_Blacksmoke_Crater-Auto-Save14.gz
(46.78 KiB) Downloaded 678 times
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Tournament status has been updated here and here.

While only 2 days remaining, there are still 3 players affected by the deadline, and 2 of them need 2 matches to save themselves. I am serious about this deadline, and there will not be any prolongations for the sake of these 3 players. You better hurry.
This does not mean that others can lay back, because right after this deadline another takes its place, requiring 6 games out of the 7. :whistle:

Now something completely different. It strikes me odd that noone commented on others' replays since the beginning; i assume this is due to ethical reasons and sportsmanship, keeping each others' trade secret's away from the publicity. OR simply because they do no want to educate their opponents. :mrgreen:
Whatever is the case, i hope there will be more analysis after Round 2. :)

Until then, all i want to make is a footnote to this curious match.
The Black Sword wrote:TBS vs Enti on Tombs of Kesorak

Recruits: Ranger vs Marksman
Spoiler:
My little insight:
thefish

Post by thefish »

szdik570 vs thefish has been played on clearing gushes

szdik570: creep zombie, gobbo , spearman, ghoul, wolf

thefish: ulf berseker, spearman, glider, mage, mermaid hunter, fencer

szdik570 went for my village too early with a wolf who were traped and murdered , he continued attacking but without luck losing many units , then an ulf almost killed him and a mage finished.
Attachments
PYRA_-_Clearing_Gushes_replay.gz
(26.53 KiB) Downloaded 545 times
Enti

Post by Enti »

Game vs. noob-killer is done. After scouting which units he used, mostly the same last games, I decided to go for woses. Cause he would only have grunts and dwarf fighter to counter them. but all his pierce (spearman and archers) are useless. shammys for the dwarf fighters. okay, it was a fast game. turn 9 everything was decided, but look yourself ;)
Attachments
PYRA_-_Scarred_Foothills_Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
(22.7 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
Mint

Post by Mint »

Using my day off school to work on it, I finally finish (I think) the round 1 stats.
First round's most used unit, who woulda known, the grunt.
The poor, lonely, least used unit was the orcish archer, used only twice. Poor little guy :P

Here it is.
Attachments
PYRAMID Round 1 Stats.zip
Round 1 Statistics
(30.72 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Cuckoo. It's about time.

Now that szdik570 politely stepped back, and AlaskanAvenger became incapable to play his remaining games, as he has more holes than fifteen snooker tables (and i have internet connection to spread the words), let's evaluate the situation we are in. First things first: standing update in process. Please wait...

EDIT: Done. Although technically 3 matches are still awaiting to be played, and i encourage you to play them for the positions (those are Mint vs Enti, The_Black_Sword vs Mint, Enti vs thefish), but no matter what will be the outcome, the first and second are:

Mint and The_Black_Sword

and they will play a best of 3 in the 3rd round! It has been started this day, and you have 14 days to decide who will claim the ownership of the Onehex Lake and rescue the mermaid!
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Amazing job on the Statistics Mint!

There was quite a lof interesting things to see, most of all for me that all units were used! good for them.
I would alos like to congratulate TBS and Mint on advancing and wish both of them good luck in the finals ;)
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Me and Mint are in negotiations currently about our games, we'll let people know what times they will be on.

Btw, I was looking over Mint's statistics today and came across some curious patterns; He used Grunts in all 5 Round 1 games and there are quite a few units on 3/5: Drake Fighter, Fencer, Horseman, Mage, Saurian Skirmisher with few other outliers. Curiously, all these units add up to 101 gold...

My recruits seem more spread out, never using a unit 3 times in Round 1, but then I'm sure our Master Statistician has acces to my Round 2 info as well :P .

Regarding Horus' insights;
Spoiler:
Mint

Post by Mint »

The Black Sword wrote:Me and Mint are in negotiations currently about our games, we'll let people know what times they will be on.
TBS: This seems like it will be delayed a little with a forum PM issue, which apparently I'm not the first to have and should be temporary, according to http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34012 :( Alternatively we could move the PM's to the LC forum. Scratch that, seems it is up again.
The Black Sword wrote:Btw, I was looking over Mint's statistics today and came across some curious patterns; He used Grunts in all 5 Round 1 games and there are quite a few units on 3/5: Drake Fighter, Fencer, Horseman, Mage, Saurian Skirmisher with few other outliers. Curiously, all these units add up to 101 gold...

My recruits seem more spread out, never using a unit 3 times in Round 1, but then I'm sure our Master Statistician has acces to my Round 2 info as well :P
You have access to all the games too :P [/me quietly scrolls through TBS games again]
Mint

Post by Mint »

The first TBS vs Mint blockbuster PYRA event is happening in around 29 hours' time. ^_^