[Complete] PYRA Mermaid In Distress - The Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AlaskanAvenger

Re: PYRA Mermaid In Distress - The Tournament

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

Antty and I played our battle last night, he won, but has not uploaded replay yet. As for my other final battle, I have made multiple attempts to contact ImNotGoingDown and Antty before via pm but neither would respond, although according to the server they have both seen at least a couple of my messages.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

Figure:
Horus2 wrote:A presence of a group of greater evil can be already felt...
Blop

Post by Blop »

After today's match only ImNotGoingDown remains on my list as well.
Nordmann

Post by Nordmann »

So my duty is done and all games played. Sorry for not showing my best performance - still it was fun to play and i think pyramid is quite a great new way of playing Wesnoth. Horus2 thanks for organizing and keeping things running. I will be off in two days for quite a while. So i wish all opponents some more great matches and a lot of fun.

Nordmann
Well up north it should be cold...
Blop

Post by Blop »

Here's the replay of our game.

Result:
Spoiler:
Recruits:
Spoiler:
Attachments
PYRA_-_Clearing_Gushes_Turn_13_(11975).gz
(15.22 KiB) Downloaded 523 times
Blop

Post by Blop »

By the way, AlaskanAvenger and I have agreed that in case ImNotGoingDown doesnt show up soon we would like to do a deciding match for second place in Group Cavalier.
If anyone disagrees, please speak.
Blop

Post by Blop »

In order to explain why this choice is useful:

The only chance for Antty to still advance is to win against ImNotGoingDown while ImNotGoingDown wins against AlaskanAvenger and myself. This would result in a 5 way draw and I'm sure this is no useful thing to have at all, not considering that this is unlikely to happen.
The only other way for ImNotGoingDown to advance is to win all 3 remaining games which is also unlikely to happen, not considering that he isn't active right now.
Any other constellation would result in AlaskanAvenger or me advancing, so one deciding match seems to be the best choice here.

I'd like opinions on that, please :)
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

If there was another active player around who could step in and get his games done in the next couple days it would be sweet, but other then that a game between blop and I would be a quick and easy way to decide the tie.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

The unforeseenable happened yesterday, sorry everyone for the delay. Now i am back to more predictable things, like trying to pick up the thread.

First, sit back and enjoy this lengthy replay played by Diasporoz and 2RaggedClaws, in case if lengthy battles are your cup of tea.
Diasporoz_-_2RaggedClaws_-_Courtyard.gz
(34.48 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
There are still no sure second places in any groups! Let us have a closer look what is happening in them:

Assassin
thefish won, and the Danniel_BR vs Enti will decide the second position

Banebow
Mint already won, but other than that this is the most open group despite the least match left to be played (one only), because whoever wins will cause a tie of 3, as those players beat each other. Therefore we will need 3 extra matches to finalise between szdik570, abhijit and the winner of this match. abhijit and szdik570 may already start it.
There are some additional rule applied to these:
1) To avoid a tie again, the player winning his game in the least turns proceeds.
2) To ensure having equal chance to set up this fastest match, all these matches shall be played on the same map, even thought this contradicts the "every map only once" rule. This single map will be the insidious and in the group currently unplayed Silverhead Crossing.
3) If two finished in the same rounds, match against each other is the decisive. If you make that a tie too, then only a modest diceroll can help your hopeless case, and i would really dislike that, so good luck evading it!

Cavalier
The_Black_Sword is in here.
Blop wrote:By the way, AlaskanAvenger and I have agreed that in case ImNotGoingDown doesnt show up soon we would like to do a deciding match for second place in Group Cavalier.
If anyone disagrees, please speak.
I am not going to discourage you to play it, but you will need it only if ImNotGoingDown return and present us a juicy tie of 5.
If not, since AlaskanAvenger defeated both you and Nordmann, he claims the silver ticket for second act.

Direwolf
Dauntless is in, noob-killer and Lich_Lord have to clash when their tricky timezones allow.
noob-killer

Post by noob-killer »

Fast game
Lich_Lord and me 0-1 at Mining Colony

thanks for the game :D
Attachments
PYRA_-_Mining_Colony_replay.gz
(18.25 KiB) Downloaded 484 times
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Round 2 has been officially started!

Round has never been so serious.

Congratulations to everyone advancing to this point! You already proved that you are truly a master of the era. But life goes on, and the sky is the limit when we try to decide who are the two of you even better at it. In this round, arcane chaos will be set free. Expect the unthinkable and prevent it by doing the impossible.

Round starts today in this very moment and ends with October 28 GMT+1.

While currently when i am writing this there are only 5 players of the field, you may already start playing against each other. To help you in organising games, i will enlist here and on the first pages the names of the players and what maps they visited so far:

The_Black_Sword: Caves Of The Basilisk, Claudiuss, Crescent Lake, Elensefar Courtyard, Hornshark Island, Howling Ghost Badlands, Sablestone Delta, The Freelands, The Walls Of Pyrennis, Tombs Of Kesorak
thefish: Astral Port, Blacksmoke Crater, Crescent Lake, Sablestone Delta, Swamp Of Dread, The Freelands, Thousand Stings Garrison, Weldyn Channel
Mint: Claudiuss, Elensefar Courtyard, Fallenstar Lake, Howling Ghost Badlands, Mining Colony, Ruphus Isle, Sablestone Delta, The Freelands, Weldyn Channel
Dauntless: Den Of Onis, Elensefar Courtyard, Grand Houde Mountain, Howling Ghost Badlands, Sulla's Ruins, Swamp Of Dread, The Freelands, The Walls Of Pyrennis, Tombs Of Kesorak, Weldyn Channel
noob-killer: Blacksmoke Crater, Den Of Onis, Hamlets, Howling Ghost Badlands, Mining Colony, Ruphus Isle, Silverhead Crossing, The Walls Of Pyrennis, Weldyn Channel
AlaskanAvenger: Aethermaw, Den Of Onis, Hornshark Island, Howling Ghost Badlands, Swamp Of Dread, The Freelands
Enti: Clearing Gushes, Crescent Lake, Grand Houde Mountain, Mining Colony, Ruphus Isle, Swamp Of Dread, Tombs Of Kesorak, Weldyn Channel
szdik570: Claudiuss, Elensefar Courtyard, Fallenstar Lake, Hamlets, Silverhead Crossing, Swamp Of Dread, The Freelands, Weldyn Channel
Last edited by Horus2 on October 29th, 2012, 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Welcome To Apocalypse!

When one Armageddon at a time is not enough.

So, Round 2 has been started, but there was not any kind of retorsion for those who has unfinished business; you lay there, in the relative safety of your castles, dreaming about something peaceful and cuddlesome, do you? Meanwhile other players wait endlessly for their business partner to engage, getting anxious about your health state as an interpretation of avoiding the coolest Wesnoth 1v1 non-default tournament ever existed. The contradiction is very bad and shall be resolved. Therefore, i decided to make reasons for the wannabe opponents to worry about your health. To be faithful to the spirit of the era, i made contract with four picked fighters, best of their trade, having no equal in equestrian skills, nor in their thirst for destruction.

To make the elimination of the inactive players more melodramatic, the following rule is applied:
Every day i throw up a coin to decide whether or not to post a picture from my finest selection of horsemen in this thread, and with every posted portrait round gets closer to end. Therefore the time to finish is indefinite and ranges between four and a maximum allowed of nine days. When four of the horsemen have been gathered, it is over, and inactives will be disqualified and points of theirs will be nullified, like if they lost all their matches. You have to have a good excuse to be exempt from the rule, most acceptable of those are:
"My opponent have not replied!"
"My opponent is unwilling to play!"
"Our game has no effect on advancing to next round!"
"I have to play my additional matches in Banebow group!"

Now, if you really have debts game-wise, then get back to it and play before it is too late!

Can you outrun your fate?
abhijit

Post by abhijit »

Extra matches!!! Yesssss!!!! :D

This just keeps getting more interesting.

Beware evil forces! I ain't no rookie no more huhuhuhuhuhu....
Winner of The Alternate Frontier
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

I'd like to drop in a big thank you to Horus2, Mint and all players from Direwolf group for this great tournament. My plan minimum was at least one win and I won two games so I'm very glad about the outcome (besides, I wouldn't have time for matches in round 2). Cheers to you, guys :)
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Antty

Post by Antty »

This is antty vs AA

It was a pretty good match, late upload can't remember the recruits. 30+ Turns I believe.
Attachments
PYRA_-_Den_of_Onis_Turn_36_(9537).gz
(27.52 KiB) Downloaded 491 times