[Complete] Best two units, the tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gnork

Re: Best two units, the tournament

Post by Gnork »

Demogorgon wrote:
Gnork wrote:IMHO it should be an eligible lvl2 from one of the two chosen lvl1 units
IMHO there shouldn't be a rule for the leader, I mean what would you take if you choose Cav and Footpad e.g., there just is no suitable leader.
Edit: You're right. Thus I suppose that one should choose any leader too :|
Demogorgon wrote:
csarmi wrote:Was thinking a lot but as I said cav+adept I suppose I ought to take that.
Would've been my first choice as well, but I thought the Adept was already taken. :augh:
You're free to change your choice of units before the start of the tournament.
You can also choose a combo which has already been picked up : I will shuffle the groups in such a way that you will not meet a mirror opponent, not before the final stage at least.
Gnork

Post by Gnork »

powershot wrote:i choose Elvish Enchantress as leader.
I assume this is your first choice, and that you meant Elvish Sorceress.
Don't hesitate to correct if needed.
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

New rule proposition: All leaders must be a leveled up version of either of the two units you choose in your recruitment list, so as to keep up with the continuity of enemies.
I.E.: I will either choose a Steelcad or a Dark Sorcerer given my lineup of recruits.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Choosing a different leader than your 2 recruits kind of defeats the purpose of best two units. It should really be one of the two recruits, but the problem does still exist of the recruits which can't be a leader... :hmm:

About the era though, it would be best in an era where the units cost the same amount as default, or it kind of defeats the point of best 2 right?

Anyway, I would like to join. Orcish grunt and assassin recruits with elvish marksman leader :mrgreen:
Great_Mage_Atari

In the case that my rule does not go into effect (don't see why, makes sense to me), I would like to pick a Red Mage as my leader. Sort of festive given my name in itself.
Gnork

Post by Gnork »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:New rule proposition: All leaders must be a leveled up version of either of the two units you choose in your recruitment list, so as to keep up with the continuity of enemies.
That was my first idea too, but Demogorgon brought a pertinent objection : what about a cav+footpad combo, since they don't have any leader available ? :doh:
Great_Mage_Atari

Gnork wrote:
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:New rule proposition: All leaders must be a leveled up version of either of the two units you choose in your recruitment list, so as to keep up with the continuity of enemies.
That was my first idea too, but Demogorgon brought a pertinent objection : what about a cav+footpad combo, since they don't have any leader available ? :doh:
Why not modify the era to include all default Lv. 2s, even those not available in the leader select screen? :hmm:
Mint

Post by Mint »

The thing is, if the recruits without a leader of their type get a different leader, then the others are kind of disadvantaged. There is no real way to settle this apart from there being 1 compulsory leader for all, or any leader for the recruits, and both these solutions aren't too good :(
Gnork

Post by Gnork »

Mint wrote:About the era though, it would be best in an era where the units cost the same amount as default, or it kind of defeats the point of best 2 right?
No, the goal is to define the best 2-units faction, therefore the cost is a point too.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Gnork wrote:
Mint wrote:About the era though, it would be best in an era where the units cost the same amount as default, or it kind of defeats the point of best 2 right?
No, the goal is to define the best 2-units faction, therefore the cost is a point too.
So it needs to be default gold, like what I said in the first place, right? :wink:
Gnork

Post by Gnork »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Why not modify the era to include all default Lv. 2s, even those not available in the leader select screen? :hmm:
I don't know how to do that. But if you do, don't hesitate : it would be perfect indeed :)
Mint wrote:
Gnork wrote:No, the goal is to define the best 2-units faction, therefore the cost is a point too.
So it needs to be default gold, like what I said in the first place, right? :wink:
Yes, sorry for my misunderstanding :P
Again, a default gold era would be better but I don't know how to create an era :?
Last edited by Gnork on December 10th, 2011, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Gnork wrote:
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Why not modify the era to include all default Lv. 2s, even those not available in the leader select screen? :hmm:
I don't know how to do that. But if you do, don't hesitate : it would be perfect indeed :)
This as all well and good, but what about the advantage that comes with being a 7mp outlaw leader or a 9mp horse leader? This is not ideal either
Great_Mage_Atari

I guess we'll just have to come to some sort of agreement. We could always use just a simple, generic unit for all of our leaders. Like, say, a sergeant.
Gnork

Post by Gnork »

Mint wrote:
Gnork wrote:I don't know how to do that. But if you do, don't hesitate : it would be perfect indeed :)
This as all well and good, but what about the advantage that comes with being a 7mp outlaw leader or a 9mp horse leader? This is not ideal either
This advantage would come from the choice of units, so it doesn't disturbe me.
Anyhow, even it is not perfect, it seems to be a good solution... but could anyone do that ?
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:I guess we'll just have to come to some sort of agreement. We could always use just a simple, generic unit for all of our leaders. Like, say, a sergeant.
I suppose you mean Lieutenant ? Good idea, I like and adopt it unless objected :D
Last edited by Gnork on December 10th, 2011, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Great_Mage_Atari

It's not too terribly hard. Your jumping point could be an already existing era and modifying it.