[Complete] WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gragorak

Re: WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Post by Gragorak »

If anyone does still want to join, there is 1 slot left open until November 12.
Is that slot still left? If it is I would like to take it.
nelson

Post by nelson »

Hi folks, I'd like to play more WTT games, but my schedule this week is somewhat unpredictable, so I don't really want to organize games ahead of time, and I'm currently forced to use a computer that can't run 1.8.x, so I can't check the main server. I've just been logging onto the 1.9.x server and hoping that someone from my group (bode) will show up, and that's not been working very well. I'm online now!

If all else fails, I'll plan to spend most of the day on the 1.9.x server on Friday, so anyone who wants to challenge me can find me then :)
Honor

Post by Honor »

Has a decision been made about death160? If he still doesn't appear active, maybe we can replace him with another player?
Mint

Post by Mint »

Atomhead seems kind of inactive too... :?
Dreadnough

Post by Dreadnough »

WTT Group Centauri:

tekelili versus Dreadnough on Sulla Ruins.

Is taking place right now (07.11.2011, 19:30 gmt).
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Welcome aboard Gragorak! :D You're in Group Magellanic, please try to arrange some games with your opponents ASAP so as not to run into problems at the end.

Regarding other inactive players, there are 6 of them and only Faello appears to me to be making an effort to set up his games. I'd appreciate an update from the other players on what their timetable looks like for completing these games and in addition that they have played at least 1 game by this time next week. If anyone doesn't respond in this thread I will PM them and anyone who has not completed a game by next week will be disqualified unless they have a reasonable explanation/plan for completing their games.

If anybody wants to register as a reserve player in case some of these players are forced to pull out from the tournament, please let me know.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Faello is not inactive at all.

We have scheduled our game to last wednesday, bu I couldn't play. Then elido couldn't play him a few days ago either.

Anyway, we have played our game, save attached. Only the save, you can turn it itno a replay if needed.

Quick game and fun :)

Dwarves (me, p2) vs Faello (loys, p1) on Elensefar.
Spoiler:
Attachments
csarmi_vs_Faello_WTT_end.gz
(25.49 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Gragorak

Post by Gragorak »

Welcome aboard Gragorak! :D
Great! :D

I will be surely in the server tomorrow after midnight (gmt).
Faello

Post by Faello »

The Black Sword wrote: Regarding other inactive players, there are 6 of them and only Faello appears to me to be making an effort to set up his games. I'd appreciate an update from the other players on what their timetable looks like for completing these games and in addition that they have played at least 1 game by this time next week. If anyone doesn't respond in this thread I will PM them and anyone who has not completed a game by next week will be disqualified unless they have a reasonable explanation/plan for completing their games.
It's not like that. We've rescheduled it with csarmi - he has already played one game in our group before our game (wp again csarmi :) ) and Honor postponed once but was ready to play today and we will play tomorrow*, it was only elido that didn't send me PM, but at this moment it's ok to say that it could be some random situation (more or less he has a good rank on the ladder, so has to be a reliable player imo)

*another incoming game in Centauri group:
Honor vs. Faello is going to be played at 18:00 GMT on Tuesday (08.11.2011), 1.9 server
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Dreadnough vs tekelili. P2 kalga - P1 elves on Sulla´s. This match up was very long and I am exhausted, no energy left for a proper report. Outcome:
Spoiler:
Attachments
WTT_D_vs_T.rar
(24.7 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Last edited by tekelili on November 8th, 2011, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I strictly meant inactive = hasn't played any games yet. Obviously I've seen Faello set up a number of games in this thread, which appear to have been postponed for various reasons. And so the rest of my post applies to
the other players
whom I have seen no such evidence for.

Disqualify is a bit harsh of a term but going through half of the group stages without playing even 1/7 games doesn't bode well for the rest. If we finish the group stages and 1 player has only played half of his games, that could potentially leave a very messy situation to deal with. Essentially, so long as people explain to me why they are going to be able to finish their games then I won't have a problem. If you can't do that then perhaps you don't have enough time to finish the group, so it would be fairer on the other group players to drop out/leave the spot open for someone who can finish the games.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

You can start by kicking out death160. He hasn'T logged into the wesnoth forums since the tourney started (my outbox still got my mail for him) and I seriously doubt he logged into the wesnoth servers (of that I can't be sure, I'm not going to try and lookup).
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Actually:

death160's last login on any of the servers (186, 199) was 2011-10-21.
atomhead's last login on any of the servers (186, 199) was 2011-10-25.

I was just told that /info nickname tells that :)
thefish

Post by thefish »

Noob-killer vs thefish has taken place today, on HGB , it was a very fast game where drakes has owned elves.
Attachments
2_jug._—_Tierras_del_fantasma_aullador-Autoguardado7.gz
(31.21 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Wouldn't it be better to report the results in spreadsheets like this? Anyone can edit thatand thus report the result easily.

Andromeda
Centauri
Bode
Magellanic