[Complete] 3/2 (Russian Open tournament)

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nagafono

[Complete] 3/2 (Russian Open tournament)

Post by nagafono »

hey all, nagafono here. i'm glad to introduce you

so the registration is over, if someone intereresting about how the things will be going on, ask me and may be i'll post here current situation. if noone is interesting in i better will not maintain this thread

3/2
(Russian open tournament)

GENERAL INFORMATION
Format: 2vs2
Number of teams: 16
Number of rounds: 4
Version: 1.8.*
Organizers: ReNoM, py6aka, nagafono

PREAMBLE
3/2 in title - what does it mean? It means that in this tournament teams should have 3 players per team, but the games will be held on 2vs2 maps. So, that doesnt mean that 3rd player would sit on bench for all the time - NO! All the players from one team have to play not less that 1 time for the round. If someone cannt play for some time, another player from his team can substitute him.

Tournament will be played as Russian Open. This means that main participating priority will be given to the teams with russian-speaking (that means SPEAKING not just understanding :)) players. NOT LESS THAN 6 CELLS will be given to non-russian-speaking teams.

If there will be too many teams which wanna join, there will be probations for them to participiate in main part of tournament.
WE HOPE THAN THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEMS BECAUSE OF TEAMS'S ACTIVITY and will do everything what we can to make this real.

STRUCTURE
Tournament will be held in play-off style: 2 teams play the match, winner goes to next the round, loser goes home. All the matches should be played until 2 wins from one of the sides exept final - need 3 wins to be a winner. Maps will be set by organizers and can be chosen with any order.

REGISTRATION FORM
1) Name of the team
2) Players' names
3) Each player's time zone
4) Each player's contacts (Jabber, ICQ, Skype, E-Mail etc.)

IF YOU DIDNT FIND A TEAM YOU CAN JOIN THE AUTOTEAMMAKER LIST (your team will be generated with players from this list). Registration requirements are the same.

GAME RULES
The games will be held on 2vs2 maps with 2 players from each team. In each round all the players from each team should play not less than 1 game. Exeption is when one team wins with 2 first games and one player from this team missed both games. In such situation this player should play first or second game in next round.

Players should find the time for play by their own, but they should finish all the games until time period will not expire. With any questions about dates and so on you should go to organizers. Also, YOU SHOULD TELL TO ORGANIZERS INFORMATION ABOUT DATE AND TIME OF YOUR GAME. It's need to solve with controversial things.

GAME SETTINGS
1) Default era
2) Map settings
3) Observers are on
4) Time limit 300-300-300-0
5) Random factinons
6) One of the teams can canceled next players' colours: black, brown, blue

DATES
Registration - until 15.10
Toss - 16.10
1/8 - 17.10-6.11
1/4 - 7.11-24.11
1/2 - 25.11-11.12
final - 12.12-31.12

If your pair will be ready for next round earlier you aslo can play next round earlier, if the maps for this round would be already announced. Also, if list of teams will not be ready (preliminary round is not over yet or there are clear cells (to little number of teams has registered) and so on), dates can be changed but periods between the rounds will not.

REGISTRATION IS HERE or on the links below:
http://www.wesnothlife.ru/forum/index.p ... g16334#new
http://laddercouncil.proboards.com/inde ... =50&page=1

LIST OF TEAMS*
1. Soblaznennye Gaechkoy (Danila, ytrewqldeng, Salvor)
2. Bezbozhniki (ReNoM, True, wieker)
3. The Stalins (nagafono, Kral, vandal)
4. Gornie Geroi (27pyc, TIGR, BubkaBog)
5. The Exiles (Exper, chubaits, Eron)
6. Troe v otryade ne schitaya zombi (DV, LightWarrior, Marksman)
7. Hangry Crucians! (py6aka, Tatiana, Darkkey)
8. FF (Leo, ZeDDikus, wer)
9. Random (Anthrok , Albert , Ivan_D)
10. Left3Dead (Bell, virm_ua, meganoob)
11. Auto1 (Fairman, Lancelote, Tassadar)
12. Auto2 (arrow---, Burah, dqwwe)

*translations:
1) Soblaznennye Gaechkoy = Соблазненные Гаечкой = Tempted by Gadget Hackwrench
2) Bezbozhniki = Безбожники = The Ungodlies
3) hope, that's completely clear :)
4) Gornie Geroi = Горные Герои = Mountain Heroes
6) Troe v otryade ne schitaya zombi = Трое в отряде не считая зомби = Three in squad exept zombie
Last edited by nagafono on October 16th, 2011, 1:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
tekelili

Re: 3/2 (Russian Open tournament)

Post by tekelili »

Hi, there is high chances 2 mates a me make a team and sing up in this tournament. While we think about it, would be nice have a brief about current players/teams already registered on this forum, so people dont understand russian have a clue how things are going.

Also 2 doubts: How exactly players know what map play each game and what is exactly "that" about player colors (may be is just my lack of english, but I didnt get what you whanted say there).

Anyway, nice initiative :)
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
nagafono

Post by nagafono »

hi,
nice to see that you are interesting in :)

about current players and teams: the thing is that one half of the teams still can not decide about thier names (just as ours (nagafono-Kral-vandal, if you're interesting) :lol2: ) and another half is made by local clans, so they still dont pretty sure who concretely should be added in each their team. but i suppose list of teams and players will be post in the next few days.

about maps: before each round or earlier organizers will public the maps in threads or can send information directly to players if they would ask about it.

about colours: you're not the first who ask about this actually :) so, the thing is that some palyers complain on this colours (blue, brown, black) because of their bad visibility. for comfortable game we decide to avoid the problems which could be binded with such situation

ps tell your friends about 3/2 ;)
nagafono

Post by nagafono »

so, the lists of players were added. some of teams will join 3/2 a bit later (membership thing, name of team and such thing :)).

We hope that you also will be more active :)
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

After think about it carefully, it is quite probable me and my mates won´t finally join this tournament (it could still happen, but likely it wont). There are several reasons for this, I will just point one that depends of tournament organiztion, as hint for future tournaments: I see strange try to gather 48 players (thats huge) in so few time and try do it while the most important 2v2 tournament in wesnoth comunity is still running :?
Anyway, hope your tournament the best.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
nagafono

Post by nagafono »

tekelili, sad to hear. actually we waited for (and still hope about) more activity here, 'cause we can find 30 russian-speak players. but because of weird reasons almost nobody has interested in. and i find that 3 weeks for regestration is enough. or we could extend registration a bit longer but probably we'll not if current activity will not change. we just change tournament format if it'll be needed. but that would mean that in next our tournaments we will expect on internation players less

also, update in teamlist :)
Leo

Post by Leo »

I want to register team FF.

Team members: Leo, ZeDDikus, wer
Time zone: Moscow
Contacts: leo@bastilia.ru (email/jabber), zemskov.v@gmail.com (email/jabber), wer@bastilia.ru (email/jabber).
nagafono

Post by nagafono »

hi Leo! thx for join

ps another update in lists :)
nagafono

Post by nagafono »

so the registration is over, if someone intereresting about how the things will be going on, ask me and may be i'll post here current situation. if noone is interesting in i better will not maintain this thread