Moderator: Forum Moderators

grrrr

Re: TOURNAMENT: Conquest

Post by grrrr »

:D
H2L

Post by H2L »

At least 4 other people in the past 2 weeks, besides me, have in-game commented that they have PMed Nauzhror re joining up. All have complained of no reply. They are losing interest. Why drum up excitement over nothing? I guess. Anyway, from what I can see in this thread, the signup list hasn't been kept up-to-date but I strongly believe it is large enough to warrant a double elimination (best-of-A vs. best-of-B) rota. I suggest that those who wish to organize this event set hard dates both for joins and commencement, come up with a mode, and post a rota for joins as they apply. A forum is unsuitable for this, as the rota must be updated as joins happen so people can actually see it and begin scheduling their games. Having participated in many other tourneys, I can tell you that you require a full time secretary, or a dynamic web-page to handle the rota. A web-page like this is quite simple to produce in DHTML (essentially, javascript) and allows further reorganization in the event of drop-outs, byes etc. Just google for "dhtml double elimination tournament", or something similar. You will find all you need at some reputable freeware scripting site like dynamicdrive.com or even CNet. The only problem that I see is hosting the page. Perhaps it could be hosted on the ladder site?

looking forward to a lot of gg's :)
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

About Nauzhror: if he doesn't return soon, somebody else can handle the tourney (for example me).
Please, everybody who PMed him should post also in this thread.

I don't think a web-page for the tourney is required: people can see everything if they subscribe to this thread.
I agree a web-page would be better but somebody would have to create and maintain it (not me).
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
KussMar

Post by KussMar »

Im a programmer, i can build a side with login and PW, where everybody can see the result of the games, and i can host it too.

But anybody have to organisate the tournament, and its not me :D

marcus
H2L

Post by H2L »

KussMar, being 1 of the peeps that I mentioned, and willing to host the page, please read my last above. You can just download a freeware script that handles the whole thing. Its merely a matter of deciding on a format then grabbing/hosting the script and publicizing it. A short URL redirect on the first post here should be enough.
Nauzhror

Post by Nauzhror »

SlowThinker wrote:About Nauzhror: if he doesn't return soon, somebody else can handle the tourney (for example me).
Please, everybody who PMed him should post also in this thread.

I don't think a web-page for the tourney is required: people can see everything if they subscribe to this thread.
I agree a web-page would be better but somebody would have to create and maintain it (not me).
I'm here, though rather busy.
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

I will do the work around the organization of the tournament start - including the pairing.
KussMar will create a webpage for the tournament here .
Last edited by SlowThinker on December 3rd, 2011, 5:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
Conscience

Post by Conscience »

I want to register. Is it too late? I will win this tournament :-))))))

Conscience
Lemon

Post by Lemon »

I'd like to register as well.
Berserkjaguar

Post by Berserkjaguar »

hey,
i cannot be there this evening. but i will play the tournament. i hope you will post the fights in this forum.

greets Berserkjaguar
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Berserkjaguar wrote:hey,
i cannot be there this evening. but i will play the tournament. i hope you will post the fights in this forum.
No problem. No player is obligated to join the ceremony, you will only miss some fun, live music and free sandwitches, cakes and beer.
Darth-reven

Post by Darth-reven »

yooo juz reggiteing for the tourny hope i ent cut it to close
XyLoX1

Post by XyLoX1 »

There's still a place for me plz ? :geek:
DSidious

Post by DSidious »

If I can still join im in ill check in about every hour for reply
Last edited by DSidious on December 2nd, 2011, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annalise

Post by Annalise »

I'd be interested in joining if at all possible :3