[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

soul_steven

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by soul_steven »

How do you check the GMT? sorry I am not good with timezones. However I live Eastern Standard time (florida) if that helps someone who knows how to get the GMT.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Faello wrote:http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc - GMT converter to set the games/check GMT easily
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/ - to check the time zones
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx - for GMT to set the games if you like to do the math yourself
one of those links should help you.

@Daunt: i copied them from the last tgt thread ("usefull links") perhaps you could copy/past that section in the rules-post too?

@pauxlo: muhaha :P
Last edited by alpha1 on August 8th, 2011, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

How do you check the GMT? sorry I am not good with timezones. However I live Eastern Standard time (florida) if that helps someone who knows how to get the GMT.
List of time zones by UTC offset
Time in the United States

From the latter article, Eastern Standard time + DST looks like UTC-04 (which is also known as GMT-04:00).

(Ah, ninja'd.)
neki

Post by neki »

Maybe we should have a 72 hour rule for the team name after which the slot becomes free like last time ? In this way new people will be encouraged to form new teams and already registered players will be encouraged to speed up.
UK1

Post by UK1 »

Cool, I get to watch timed games again without the AIDS-Prostate Cancer-Meningitis-Cholera-Whooping cough of having to deal with the timer myself. I can't use swear words so I improvise. Let the timed games begin *laughs maniacally as he dangles hundreds of ticking pocket watches from his hands*.
"Hey you, bats should be nerfed."
"Why?"
"Because I lost a game to bat swarm and I'm bitterUhm... clarity... and... consistency? Yeah yeah that sounds good. Clarity and consistency."
Do not. Nerf. The bat.
tiboloid

Post by tiboloid »

Hey guys, my time zone is GMT+10.

cheers
Mint

Post by Mint »

hi, as clarification, my time zone is actually gmt+9.30 :)
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

Summoning failed. :(
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

neki wrote:Maybe we should have a 72 hour rule for the team name after which the slot becomes free like last time ? In this way new people will be encouraged to form new teams and already registered players will be encouraged to speed up.
I say we shouldn't be too harsh for unconfirmed teams. Some of them may still be taking advantage of summer, and it would be painful for them to find out they were eliminated from TGT because of their holiday. My teammate, for example, is away atm and he'll be back around 15th of August.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

DO not worry,

not sending a team name is certainly NOT a reason to be disqualified from the tournament :)

However it would be useful if teams managed to follow the forums a bit to see whats new, because it is extremely time-consuming to msg everybody every time there is some important new info.

Now I am just waiting for 1-2 teams to have a comfy reserve and then will start dealing with the tournament tree. (for the time being, I am putting anoels team into the subs list,so there is still still 1 open slot for the tourney But do not forget to subscribe as a subbing team if you want to play-from experience some team always falls out during round 1 ;)

Anyways im leaving tomorrow and wil be back on Sunday, so you can expect the tournament tree in a week and the official tourney start, if something unforseen doesnt happen, in about 10 days.

Dauntless
Ondrew

Post by Ondrew »

Hello there, everybody,

I just want to clarify Young Yippies' application made by Naovy, my friend and fellow-player. We both are from Czech Republic, so our timezone is normally GMT+1. But considering the daylight saving time (+1), it's GMT+2. I'm not sure if summer/winter time applies in all of the countries and if this can bring some possible difficulties to arranging the time of the tournament games...?

Thanks to TGT Crew for organization of this feast and looking forward to clash of the swords :mrgreen:
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

The TGT times stated now arent important to be exact, they just help the TGT crew to divide you into groups by similar timezones.

You just have to be careful when you arrange the exact time of games with your opponents. Czech republic is GMT+1, just be careful when time changes and maybe say what time it is in your country exactly or so to make sure one team doesnt come an hour late ;)
Faello

Post by Faello »

Czech Republic time is CET, so it's actually GMT+2 now, at least until Sunday 30 October 2011 01:00 GMT
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Faello wrote:Czech Republic time is CET, so it's actually GMT+2 now, at least until Sunday 30 October 2011 01:00 GMT
Smartass :P
Faello

Post by Faello »

Ladies & Gentlemen, I'd like to remind you that registration is still open:
Dauntless wrote: Now I am just waiting for 1-2 teams to have a comfy reserve and then will start dealing with the tournament tree. (for the time being, I am putting anoels team into the subs list,so there is still still 1 open slot for the tourney But do not forget to subscribe as a subbing team if you want to play-from experience some team always falls out during round 1 ;)
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.