[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by Crendgrim »

Noo... I missed the ceremony. :(
Thanks a ton for casting it, neki!

Good luck to all participants of this scenario, I'm looking forward to again some very nice, high-quality matches :)

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Thanks for your live coverage of ceremony neki :)
I am overall happy with outcome, and I really thing TGT gets improved having its own scenary; but I am agree with you timing of ceremony wasnt the best possible. I will try adjust it for next tgt editions, with may be placing just 1 team on slots each turn, and having 1 min for each one. For this edition I couldnt test several options because I had very few time and had to learn lot of wml syntax at the sime time I was coding. I hope your next live coverage will become easier 8)
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Faello

Post by Faello »

neki wrote:No thanks for our brutal live on duty reporter ?! :)

Nevertheless, if you haven't watched the ceremony live, you can visit

http://www.youtube.com/brutalwesnoth

for some live commentary on the event (upload is finished) or download Daunt's replay.

I highly liked tekelili's scenario and I think we should continue with it for the next tournament. But I do think we should include the caster, whichever that may be :), into the guys that hit end turn.
Thanks for the cast neki, it was really entertaining and I liked your predictions :mrgreen: (altough you seemed to be a bit unprepared when it came to the team roster :P ) I think that official TGT reporter should get his place in the credits of this tournament :)

btw. I need to once again underline that tekelili has done a great job with designing the Opening Ceremony scenario.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

I may have missed this post somewhere but which team gets slot 1 the top team in the tree or the bottom? Or is it random a flip of a coin or how are we doing it? Well done guys im sure you dont hear enough how much we appreciate everything you do for all the hard work and dedication you are putting into this tourney.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

soul_steven wrote:I may have missed this post somewhere but which team gets slot 1 the top team in the tree or the bottom? Or is it random a flip of a coin or how are we doing it? Well done guys im sure you dont hear enough how much we appreciate everything you do for all the hard work and dedication you are putting into this tourney.
I am not tgt crew, but I labeled slots with numbers because I thought we are using same TGT 2nd ed. way: Team with lesser slot number is player1 for each round (they are displayed top). Of course this is just for 1st match of every round.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

Still no games planned yet? Well I will be the first to post one i guess

MISO HAPI VS TENTACLES game 1, August 21 21:00 GMT

Due to the time all 4 of us are available we plan to do our games in a series style where we will play 2 hours or so at this time every day till the games are completed.
nelson

Post by nelson »

Hi everyone, I would like to announce The Noughty Wookiees' (that's with two "e"s) first game against Ultimate Noobs!

It will take place on Saturday, August 27 at 1500 GMT (1700 GMT+2, 1100 GMT-4).

Hopefully we will be able to finish the rest of the games that week without too much of a time crunch, the Ultimate Noobs indicated that they were not available before then.
Last edited by nelson on August 26th, 2011, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Yes, Home team is the team with the lower slot (in the tournament tree indicated by darker blue).

Glad to see first two game arrangements, I hope a lot more will follow soon, because time runs quickly :)
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

Daunt you should put the tournament tree in original post so we dont have to search for it.
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Thanks for the council soul,
however i have already consulted this and I want to keep the main post as a review of important events in the tourney and keep it at a reasonable length. For that reason I have decided to publish only short notices there and link all of them to the actual thread. Not sure if you have seen it, but there is a direct link to the tourney tree there ;)
Just to be on the safe side, i made that link even more Visible ;)

EDIT: There have beeen some questions about this, so: Home Team is the Darker blue shaded team in the Tournament Tree and Home team plays in the p 1/3 or 1/4 slot, depending on the map ;)
Last edited by Dauntless on August 26th, 2011, 4:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Naovy

Post by Naovy »

Hi, I would like to announce match between The Shadow of Death and Young Yippees. It will take place on August 22 at 16:00 GMT.
We hope we can finish first game tomorrow and then we will see when other game(s) take place.
ReNoM

Post by ReNoM »

The Shadow of Death vs Young Yippees - first game.
Attachments
The_Shadow_of_Death_vs_Young_Yippees.gz
(28.18 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
neki

Post by neki »

Ok, so no tournament tree on first post for this edition :(, but can we at least have the upcoming scheduled matches and the latest 4 results updated on the first post ?!
sidzej

Post by sidzej »

neki wrote:Ok, so no tournament tree on first post for this edition :(, but can we at least have the upcoming scheduled matches and the latest 4 results updated on the first post ?!
Since press works usually slower than TV, the info should first appear in Neki's Evening News at the Wesnoth Fox Channel (between information about orc invasion in Libya and reducing dwoorfss recruitworthiness to AA+).
nani

Post by nani »

ASCII Tournament Tree
Hint: Best watched with everything except prosilver* (which is currently default) - As a registered User: check User Control Panel ➔ Board Preferences ➔ Edit global settings ➔ My board style.

Code: Select all

╔═══╦════════════════════════════════════════════════════╤════════════════════════════════════════════════════╤════════════════════════════════════════════════════╤════════════════════════════════════════════════════╦═══╗
║T 3║                     ROUND 1                        │                    QuarterFinals                   │                     Group Finals                   │                   The Grand Finals                 ║   ║ 
║ G ╠═════════════════════════════════╤═══╤═══╤═══╤══════╪═════════════════════════════════╤═══╤═══╤═══╤══════╪═════════════════════════════════╤═══╤═══╤═══╤══════╪═════════════════════════════════╤═══╤═══╤═══╤══════╣   ║
║3 T║Teams [Upper Team is P1 in Game1]│WG1│WG2│WG3│ NEXT │Teams [Upper Team is P1 in Game1]│WG1│WG2│WG3│ NEXT │Teams [Upper Team is P1 in Game1]│WG1│WG2│WG3│ NEXT │Teams [Upper Team is P1 in Game1]│WG1│WG2│WG3│ NEXT ║   ║
╠═══╬═════════════════════════════════╪═══╪═══╪═══╪══════╪═════════════════════════════════╪═══╪═══╪═══╪══════╪═════════════════════════════════╪═══╪═══╪═══╪══════╪═════════════════════════════════╪═══╪═══╪═══╪══════╣ T ║
║ J ║Nerds R US                       │ ■ │ ■ │ - │  \/  │                                 │   │   │   │      │                                 │   │   │   │      │                                 │   │   │   │      ║ E ║
║ E ║Pata Negra                       │   │   │   │  /\  │           Nerds R US            │ ■ │ ■ │ - │ \  / │                                 │   │   │   │      │                                 │   │   │   │      ║ N ║
║ D ╟─────────────────────────────────┼───┼───┼───┼──────┤                                 │   │   │   │  \/  │           Nerds R US            │ ■ │ ■ │ - │      │                                 │   │   │   │      ║ T ║
║ I ║Spaghetti Bolognese              │   │   │   │  \/  │         North and South         │   │   │   │  /\  │                                 │   │   │   │\    /│                                 │   │   │   │      ║ A ║
║   ║North and South                  │ ■ │ ■ │ - │  /\  │                                 │   │   │   │ /  \ │                                 │   │   │   │ \  / │                                 │   │   │   │      ║ C ║
║   ╟─────────────────────────────────┼───┼───┼───┼──────┼─────────────────────────────────┼───┼───┼───┼──────┤                                 │   │   │   │  \/  │            Nerds R US           │   │ ■ │   │      ║ L ║
║ G ║CDeath                           │   │   │   │  \/  │                                 │   │   │   │      │                                 │   │   │   │  /\  │                                 │   │   │   │      ║ E ║
║ R ║Mystery Knights                  │ ■ │ ■¹│   │  /\  │         Mystery Knights         │ ■ │   │   │ \  / │                                 │   │   │   │ /  \ │                                 │   │   │   │      ║ S ║
║ O ╟─────────────────────────────────┼───┼───┼───┼──────┤                                 │   │   │   │  \/  │         Noughty Wookies         │   │   │   │/    \│                                 │   │   │   │\    /║   ║
║ U ║Noughty Wookies                  │ ■ │ ■ │ - │  \/  │         Noughty Wookies         │   │ ■ │ ■ │  /\  │                                 │   │   │   │      │                                 │   │   │   │ \  / ║ O ║
║ P ║Ultimate Noobs                   │   │   │   │  /\  │                                 │   │   │   │ /  \ │                                 │   │   │   │      │                                 │   │   │   │  \/  ║ F ║
╟───╫─────────────────────────────────┼───┼───┼───┼──────┼─────────────────────────────────┼───┼───┼───┼──────┼─────────────────────────────────┼───┼───┼───┼──────┤                                 │   │   │   │  /\  ║   ║
║ S ║Miso Hapi                        │   │   │   │  \/  │                                 │   │   │   │      │                                 │   │   │   │      │                                 │   │   │   │ /  \ ║ T ║
║ I ║Tentacles of the Deep            │ ■ │ ■ │ - │  /\  │      Tentacles of the Deep      │   │ ■ │ ■ │ \  / │                                 │   │   │   │      │                                 │   │   │   │/    \║ H ║
║ T ╟─────────────────────────────────┼───┼───┼───┼──────┤                                 │   │   │   │  \/  │      Tentacles of the Deep      │ ■ │   │ ■ │      │                                 │   │   │   │      ║ E ║
║ H ║The Nameless                     │   │   │   │  \/  │       Random Noob Gamers        │ ■ │   │   │  /\  │                                 │   │   │   │\    /│                                 │   │   │   │      ║   ║
║   ║Random Noob Gamers               │ ■ │ ■ │ - │  /\  │                                 │   │   │   │ /  \ │                                 │   │   │   │ \  / │     ╔═════════════════════╗     │   │   │   │      ║ D ║
║   ╟─────────────────────────────────┼───┼───┼───┼──────┼─────────────────────────────────┼───┼───┼───┼──────┤                                 │   │   │   │  \/  │     ║Tentacles of the Deep║     │ ■ │   │ ■ │      ║ E ║
║ G ║Shadow of Death                  │ ■ │ ■ │ - │  \/  │                                 │   │   │   │      │                                 │   │   │   │  /\  │     ╚═════════════════════╝     │   │   │   │      ║ E ║
║ R ║Young Yippees                    │   │   │   │  /\  │         Shadow of Death         │   │   │   │ \  / │                                 │   │   │   │ /  \ │                                 │   │   │   │      ║ P ║
║ O ╟─────────────────────────────────┼───┼───┼───┼──────┤                                 │   │   │   │  \/  │The Infuriated Landfish Commando │   │ ■ │   │/    \│                                 │   │   │   │      ║   ║
║ U ║The Infuriated Landfish Commando │ ■ │ ◧ │ ◨ │  \/  │The Infuriated Landfish Commando │ ■ │ ■²│ - │  /\  │                                 │   │   │   │      │                                 │   │   │   │      ║   ║
║ P ║Red Paragons of the Virtue Blade │   │   │   │  /\  │                                 │   │   │   │ /  \ │                                 │   │   │   │      │                                 │   │   │   │      ║   ║
╚═══╩═════════════════════════════════╧═══╧═══╧═══╧══════╧═════════════════════════════════╧═══╧═══╧═══╧══════╧═════════════════════════════════╧═══╧═══╧═══╧══════╧═════════════════════════════════╧═══╧═══╧═══╧══════╩═══╝
[/size]
Links to Replays:
Last edited by nani on November 21st, 2011, 9:14 pm, edited 64 times in total.