[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

neki

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by neki »

Dear Mr. Organizer Sir :)

How about updating the participating team list ?

Thank you Faello, for doing an epic job as the spiritual organizer of this tournament :)

Regarding what Faello said about team-mates TOTALLY AGREE. If you don't PM a team-mate and are able to play with him at least a training match I highly suggest you don't sign up just because u both messaged on this forum you want to play together. TEAMS FORM EACH OTHER PRIVATELY, this forum is only to brag, announce the epicness of the team and intimidate opponents, and be brutal, of course :)

EDIT: For example this is how I signed up a team with gamelle last TGT and he didn't reply to any of my emails and PMs for a week, I was lucky to find Daunt. This can happen to you also if you solely rely on this forum for forming teams. Play at least one training match where you get to also chat, know each other, set the name of the team, etc. And do not forget: Playing with Skype on is much more efficient and fun: 1. You do not have to type, you can discuss strategy in real time and 2. You actually see that you are playing with a real person. Skype is the official sponsor of team RNG, btw :)
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

neki wrote:: Playing with Skype on is much more efficient and fun: 1. You do not have to type, you can discuss strategy in real time and 2. You actually see that you are playing with a real person. Skype is the official sponsor of team RNG, btw :)
Lol, neki: Real people dont have always enougth good english spoken or even Skype gadgets :wink:

Faello wrote:If you have the time: Edit the gold.
I use windows, and I cant understand a [censored] editing saves with notepad. Is there a free program to edit them in a viewable way? If not, I hope anyother player in my game know how to :(
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Dauntless wrote:9. Registration phase & Organisation Week
- Registration Phase starts today (28th of July, 2011), you can join the tournament sending me a PM with your team name.

(...)

You can register in this thread by stating your official nick, and your teammate.
I'm a bit lost which is it. I've already sent a pm to Daunt, should I had posted here instead?
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

I believe the point Faello and others are trying to make is to make a effort to look for a teammate not just mention on here "im available" There are three or four people who have mentioned interest in the tourney on here but not formed teams yet, try messaging others who have expressed interest or a friend of your own whom would be interested to play.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

tekelili wrote:I use windows, and I cant understand a [censored] editing saves with notepad.
MS Word worked for me.
tekelili wrote:
neki wrote:: Playing with Skype on is much more efficient and fun: 1. You do not have to type, you can discuss strategy in real time and 2. You actually see that you are playing with a real person. Skype is the official sponsor of team RNG, btw :)
Lol, neki: Real people dont have always enougth good english spoken or even Skype gadgets :wink:
Not to mention how not old school skype is :P
Attachments
1222901325866.jpg
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Mint

Post by Mint »

This is Mint signing up the team of noob-killer and Mint for the tgt 3. Our team name shall be 'The Nameless' ^_^
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Dunno wrote:
Dauntless wrote:9. Registration phase & Organisation Week
- Registration Phase starts today (28th of July, 2011), you can join the tournament sending me a PM with your team name.

(...)

You can register in this thread by stating your official nick, and your teammate.
I'm a bit lost which is it. I've already sent a pm to Daunt, should I had posted here instead?
Both ways are fine, but you can also post the names of your team/partner here to introduce yourself to the crowd ;)
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

This just got plugged by @WesnothOrg :)
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Alright then:
Dunno's pm to Dauntless wrote:Team name: Spaghetti Bolognese
Team members: Me (Dunno) and Ethelbert
Time zone: GMT +2 summer GMT +1 winter
We're both from Poland. We may not be pro, and we're looking for fun, yet serious 2v2 game. I hope we won't get roflstomped in first round :wink:
Thanks,
Dunno and Ethelbert
Ethelbert is a rather lurker-type person, but I'll try and talk him into introducing himself here.
Cheers
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Faello

Post by Faello »

Nice Dunno, good to have your team on the list :)

All right guys, big D. is still on his trip, thus I'll sum it up a bit, so everybody will know how the list looks like atm:

Registered teams:
(1) Random Noob Gamers , Dauntless & neki, GMT -5 / GMT +1
(2) Nerds are US , The BlackSword & tekelili , GMT+0 / GMT+1
(3) CDeath, Faello & sidzej, GMT+2/ GMT+2
(4) North & South, plk2 & Nordmann GMT+1 / GMT+1
(5) Mystery Knights, Cutler & Rodgers, GMT?
(6) Miso Hapi, soul_steven & tiboloid, GMT?
(7) Paragons of Virtue, anoel & beatle, GMT?
(8) The Nameless, Mint & noob-killer, GMT+10 / GMT+8
(9) Spaghetti Bolognese, Dunno & Ethelbert, GMT+2 / GMT+2

7 spots left.

People that are interested in playing but don't have the team mate yet:
- Huumy
- Scatha
- Horus2
- Rigor
- Great_Mage_Atari
Gambit wrote:This just got plugged by @WesnothOrg :)
Excellent! Thanks Gambit, as always you're here, ready to help the TGT crew :)
Last edited by Faello on August 5th, 2011, 8:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Hi,
Regarding the dc problem, as an alternate for those who have problems digging in to save files: Debug in a local game should work to edit the gold I think, if that's a problem.
neki

Post by neki »

@Faello: Great post, FINALLY somebody is organizing here, it was getting a little bit chaotic :) All bow to the mighty Faello! ... and friends :)

@alpha :))) your posts made me laugh so much, the crowd is pleased

@GENIUSES looking for a team-mate in Faello's list: CONTACT EACH OTHER and come up with teams, team names and secure places already, you saw how quickly the first 9 spots filled so far! Don't say you haven't been warned :)

And btw. RNG team will have the timezones: GMT -5 / GMT +1 and TBS and tekelili have already announced their timezones
Ethelbert

Post by Ethelbert »

Dunno wrote: Ethelbert is a rather lurker-type person, but I'll try and talk him into introducing himself here.
Hello - I delurk briefly just to prove I'm real. I tend to lurk because I don't feel I have anything valuable to contribute. I love the game, though. Kudos to everyone involved. Thanks!

Back to lurk mode...
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

/me summons the Map Leavers team! :shock:
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

No worries,
the chief is back. Thanks to Faello for updating the team list a bit and answering the questions, ill update the team list on the first page now and manage the forum a bit again. Glad to see more teams signing up and hope to see some more vet teams emerge and join the tourney :)

Peace out