[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zatoichi

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by Zatoichi »

For certainity, we choosed our team name - "Ultimate Noobs", i edited my last post and put that there.
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

Me and anoel are forming a team :)

We are still thinking about the name.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Huumy wrote:Me and anoel are forming a team :)

We are still thinking about the name.
dont forget to send us your GMTs, preferably sooner than later ;)
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Filar

Post by Filar »

I would like to enroll to the reserve. My partner is Elwin013, our team name is "The Kamil Team". Our time is UTC +1 (summer time).
Paxe

Post by Paxe »

Good night everyone

I am so happy about being a member of this tournament... I have a small question:

In the hipotetical case that there is a double mirror and we are playing for example in Hamlets can we ask for a draw and reload again? Or we must play anyway that boring game... Imagine we all knalgans waiting over the hills and mountains for the atack of the other team...

By the way I would like to tell you about free software in the net that you can create an account and put days you can play or not you can also write the hours you can do it; after that you send the link by email to your mate and opponents. After you check the day and hours that suits the four and you arrange ameeting with them. This you have created still works for second and third match. All of us has to "speak" allways in GMT. I use this kind of programs with my friends when organizing any event and we all want to find the perfect day for having meal or having dinner, the one that suits all. It will be perfect tool to organize 2Vs2 matches. Please check it, I hope it will be helpfull for you all. This program could also helps you Dauntles Faello and Alpha1 to decide the 2 groups, not only by GMT but also about time members can play. Some of us work have children and weekend is for them, a weeding...etc.

I use normally http://doodle.com/ is so nice and will help a lot not only with this tournament but in your life. (By the way I do not have any stocks of it...)

I do not want to hurt anybody but has anyone checked there are no aliases in the tournamet?... Is a joke ;)

I must tell you that I had to sign an agreement with my wife... I could play the tournament at some fixed hours and days and she... And... And... Beter not tell you, the list is so long...

See you starting TGT games in September and good night everyone

Sincerely

Paxe
Best computer game ever played?...... Wesnoth, The Battle for Wesnoth, of course!
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Hey Paxe,
thanks for interest and participation in the TGT :)
Paxe wrote: In the hipotetical case that there is a double mirror and we are playing for example in Hamlets can we ask for a draw and reload again?
Generally speaking we assume that players are responsible (young) adults and can manage their stuff themselves, so if all 4 players agree on something which does not violate rules, they are free to do so. However if you agreed on something you must stick to it: In your example, if all players agreed on reload, the team that got an unfavorable match-up/lost the game can not contest the outcome and must accept it.
Paxe wrote: I use normally http://doodle.com/ is so nice and will help a lot not only with this tournament but in your life. (By the way I do not have any stocks of it...)
Thanks for the hint, tbh I use doodle irl too. Ofc the TGT-crew encourages players to use scheduling tools in order to organize their games :eng: Just keep in mind, that its better to set a starting time of the game and let the ending time open (i.e. reserve an evening for a game), since its impossible to predict beforehand how long a game will take.
Paxe wrote: This program could also helps you Dauntles Faello and Alpha1 to decide the 2 groups, not only by GMT but also about time members can play. Some of us work have children and weekend is for them, a weeding...etc.
Thanks for suggestion, but I’m afraid organizing 16 teams into 2 groups is already quite a complicated task as it is and I’m not sure if it will be possible for us to also include personal schedules of players on this stage :hmm: That’s why we will let players schedule their games according to each team's situation and will not intervene into this process unless some serious problems should arise.
Paxe wrote: I do not want to hurt anybody but has anyone checked there are no aliases in the tournamet?... Is a joke ;)
There certainly are aliases in the tournament and while different TGT-crew members may have different opinions on this topic, using aliases is not forbidden by rules, therefore no punitive measures will be taken ;)
Paxe wrote: I must tell you that I had to sign an agreement with my wife... I could play the tournament at some fixed hours and days and she... And... And... Beter not tell you, the list is so long...
hehe in this case I really hope participation in the tournament will be worth it :mrgreen:
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Paxe wrote: I must tell you that I had to sign an agreement with my wife... I could play the tournament at some fixed hours and days and she... And... And... Beter not tell you, the list is so long...
Ahh, zee commitment, zee spirit! ZEE KAMPFGEIST! :shock: Do not worry my Freund, diz tournament iz lotz und lotz of fun, it's just for the men like you! We promise you the experience you will never forget, you won't regret making this agreement mit your Frau ! :eng:
Spoiler:
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Incoming message...
We are both GMT+1 as it is already stated above, and we reached agreement for the team name, which is:

The Infuriated Landfish Commando
Learn to fear this blazon, land-dwellers...
Learn to fear this blazon, land-dwellers...
lfc4.PNG (127.21 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
nani

Post by nani »

Horus2 wrote:The Infuriated Landfish Commando
I wonder whether you ran into a copyright issue here. :shock:
==> Kolbur's LANDFISH <==
powershot

Post by powershot »

Can I join?
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

powershot wrote:Can I join?
No?
powershot

Post by powershot »

why not?
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

Other than the fact that the tournament slots are already filled and you need a teammate to participate? No particular reason, I'm sure.
powershot

Post by powershot »

I might be able too find a teammate.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

you did not listen to the first part, slots are already filled. However if you can find a teammate we are in need of some reserves in case someone backs out (which usually does happen)