[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dunno

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by Dunno »

WHOOOAAAA :shock:
This is gonna be awesome!
Dauntless wrote:, July 19th
uh, and you probably mean August... :oops:
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Yes, definitely August.
Corrected that, thx ;)
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

If its july we will be anxiously awaiting for only 11 months for the tourney to begin;)
Filar

Post by Filar »

FIlar & Eglwin013
The proper name is Elwin013, not Eglwin013.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Dauntless wrote:Stand fast, warriors of Wesnoth,

what you have been waiting for is finally coming near!!

The team list is full and all the necessary stuff has been prepared, so:

I hereby announce, that the TGT First Round Tree will be created this Friday, August 19th, at 7 pm GMT.

And what is more, this time the groups and slots will be randomised fully live!!!

Thanks to the hard work of the vice admins alpha1 and Faello, and especially thanks to the creative and demanding coding work of tekelili, the TGT Crew has prepared a special Scenario, where the teams will be randomised live. All you need to do is to log on to the official wesnoth server on Friday, 7 pm GMT and join the hosted TGT game!

How the sorting will be done I will keep a surprise for you, but I can assure you it is completely amazing ( even better than in Harry potter ) and really worth joining to see it live!!

HELL YEAH! 8)

We're kicking this edition of TGT! to next level :twisted:
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
sidzej

Post by sidzej »

Sweet :roll:

So according to the prophecy that CDeath game vs nani + peace will end after the TGT3 tournament, we still have a chance to end it in this year. :whistle:

Hope for great matches and lots of level 3 units. Let the TGT3 Kombat begins <dong> :eng:
anoel

Post by anoel »

well the gmt are not exact. i think some are mentioned as gmt+1 and other as +2 though they are same timezone. it's because of this weird summer/winter time. i hope 19 at friday is not summertime? ;)
Faello

Post by Faello »

GMT is exact, it's always the same.

To make sure that you won't miss TGT Opening Ceremony, you can check the GMT here:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Simple example:
- if clock on the site says that it's 05:50:10 p.m. and your local time is (let's say) 19:50:10 at the same time (which equals 07:50:10 p.m.) you just need to substract the GMT from your local time, so:

[07:50:10] - [05:50:10] = 02:00:00 - if the result is a positive amount of hours, it means that your time is GMT+X, where X is a result of this substraction (in this case it's "2") so if your time is 07:50:10 p.m. when GMT is 05:50:10 p.m., it means that you're in GMT+2 timezone.

Another example:
- if clock on the site says that it's 04:20:05 p.m. and your local time is 09:20:05 a.m. you can already say that your time is GMT-X, but to say what time is it exacly, it's good to switch to a 24 hours-clock, so:

04:20:05 p.m. = 16:20:05
09:20:05 a.m. = 09:20:05

Now we're doing substraction:

[09:20:05] - [16:20:05] = - 07:00:00 - result is negative as predicted (-7) so person with such time would be in GMT-7 timezone.

You can also check it easily here without all that math, just point the continent, then choose the country: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/ :whistle:

:mrgreen:
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Ah, I'm away on Friday :( .
Hopefully I can find a computer somewhere.
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Neki (or someone else with the necessary equipment), could you video-cast this ceremony for those of us who have no Wesnoth installed?
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

The replay of the ceremony along with the tournament tree will be posted on this thread.

However the live atmosphere should certainly make it worth to try to be there on Friday.

As to nekis casts, he doesnt make them live . But i suppose he could make a cast of it with some delay later on using the replay i will post here ;)
neki

Post by neki »

Well, I can make a "live" cast so to say, although I am not sure that I will be able to be on the server at that time. But I will figure something out and don't worry, there will be a video on my YouTube channel for those who had RL problems and could not attend the ceremony ;)
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

cool, i therefore declare neki, the official tgt-live-ceremony reporter! :<
vice-tgt-admin decision
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
sidzej

Post by sidzej »

Since it's live ceremony there should be a commercial in the middle of it. For example a new spear +3 with holy damage against the drakes or a cool anti-tgt-vice-admin cloak of protection (+5 rolls against tgt-vice-admin decissions).

Also some ala World Cup team introductions would be nice and interviews with the players. Go for full prO programs during the tournament neki!

And don't forget about some historical reminders of previous glorious torunaments.
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

If it's ala World Cup, then there should be some bribery and group setup going on behind the scenes, too. :whistle: