[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Bast

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by Bast »

Hey Faello, huhu we were eliminated but you said we had few more times for our matches. So we did tryed everything, arranging 3 meetings but mjr never showed up. And we didnt saw him in the lobby anymore, neither he replyed to our pm here.
So looks unfair ;)

Merlin74 did said they would forfait but we just tryed to get them a last chance to make a matchup. You could have warn us for the new delay of matchups after saying we had till January ;)

Have fun anyway..
Faello

Post by Faello »

A little bit late to explain why not a single game was played in your matchup Bast :| Last time I spoke with mjr (2 weeks ago?), he said that he's like always avaible and you're too busy to play. Neither you nor them informed me about state of the matchups (which should be done if there are some problems with setting the games), I asked you & mjr couple of times during the last week of the 1st round how it is going while I was online in the lobby and I received no reply. Same with merlin74.

Warning was in the topic (since like 19th Dec :annoyed: ), end of the round date was known since it's beginning. I really don't know what did you expect from me - additional time was meant as an option to play (realistically) 1 game tops, not the whole round...

Still I don't want to be blamed for this situation, so I'll let facts decide this matter :) It's 7 days to January - play at least 1 game with Stardock, winner will advance further to next round via Sudden Death rule, if you won't manage to play it out, my previous decision will stand.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Bast

Post by Bast »

Huh? KhiM & me are connected in lobby EVERY DAY Faello. And any persistent players could confirm !
I'm really tired by makin everything to organize that game & still hearing that lie from mjr.
I just really dont care enough about winning a tourney to worry about (i just appreciate good games) , but i wont let anyone say i didnt make my possible to be fair & play that game, even when merlin74 said he would forfait & letting him the chance to play it.
I'm the only one who tryed to organize it, and the only one to sent 3 or 4 pm to everyone with the forum.

About the warning, you could have send a pm BEFORE your decision, that's what a warning is :
'If you dont reply me within X days, i'll be forced to eliminitate you".
I never received from you any kind of this, or the notification mail would have let me replyed to you.
It was imo the basic, more if you understand that GMT difference.

So i'll just pm Stardock team ONCE. If they dont reply, i'm not going to waste my time to contact everyone again & again.
More when we know that MJR never showed up since at least 2 weeks, & that it was their team who missed 3 dates for that match up !
That's just ridiculous that i still have to send even ONE MORE PM !

If you want to pass another team for round 2, i'll be really happy to fight them right now to see who got the right to go there, cause it will be obviously far easier than tryin to fight a stardock team who never reply to pm, miss every match we organize, & with mjr never there.

Still, as you can see each days, KhiM & me are there in the lobby.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Bast,

Considering the fact that tournament is organized via forum (this thread precisely) it's logical that you should check the tournament topic and read informations gathered here from time to time, I'm not posting here for sheer fun of posting, and you were all informed about it already.

Moreover, it's logical that since I haven't got any info from you guys, I had to organize second round opponents in this branch of tournament tree somehow.

There was also no official resignation from Stardock thus it's really hard to blame me for this situation - other teams that had problems with setting the games informed me about it much earlier than you Bast, I didn't have to ask them "what's going on?".
Bast wrote:If you want to pass another team for round 2, i'll be really happy to fight them right now to see who got the right to go there, cause it will be obviously far easier than tryin to fight a stardock team who never reply to pm, miss every match we organize, & with mjr never there.

Still, as you can see each days, KhiM & me are there in the lobby.
Well, iirc even Miso Hapi started 1 game vs CD (didn't finish it but had advantage) so you need to play something.

Since situation is more clear now, play vs. North&South or (if North&South won't decide to pick up the glove) Entropy.

1 game, winner will advance further. I'm PM'ing you all about it now, we'll all wait for the result of this one.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

oops. just deleted my big summary of the 2nd game lol. ok then u will have to do without it.

Clong Man and the Gang vs Unholy Alliance game II

an appetizer to view the winners secret chatlog:

Just_end_turn: "Now what about recruits?"
Rigor: "nothing we dont need units lol :D:D:D:D"
Just_end_turn: "So we do nothing at day?"
Rigor: "obviously not :D"
Just_end_turn: "So?"
Rigor: "move a little forward to give them the feeling that something is happening"

:mrgreen:

Figure: scream baby, scream. they are attacking!
Attachments
4S_–_Zusammenstoß_Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
TGT 2nd game unholy alliance vs clong man and the gang
(27.32 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Bast

Post by Bast »

Hey funny chat Rigor & gg.

Well Faello, just to make you sure truth is here, i tryed an /info command on mjr in the lobby (thx for the adviser who'll recognize himself ;) )

/info mjr gives that :

I didnt want to blame you, i just disliked to hear what mjr said.
I could have checked the forum, but i though i had some time to do so. Also for personnal reasons, i try to avoid forums as far as possible cause my work just involve too much of internet for my taste. I regulary come to visit the forum but it can be once in a month, so pm makes you sure to find me, I instantly notice any mail notification.

Thanks for your work anyway, i think you did well on the organisation of the tourney.
Faello

Post by Faello »

I doubt that mjr said what he said in bad will/to cover himself, it could be related to single situation when he had time and you didn't - more or less, it wasn't relevant to my decision - lack of information about what's going on in your matchup was.

I'm glad that you logged in and explained what's going on, I hope that it means end of the problems for you & khiM regarding setting the game.

Please, check the thread from time to time - I'll try to remember about your aversion to the forum, but it will remain the main source of the tournament informations.

EDIT: Decision about elimination of Bastchi was annuled, basing on Bast update of the situation, decision about elimination of Stardock stands and won't be cancelled, basing on their lack of interest in the tournament.
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

I'm confused :)
Who will play, Entropy or North&South or no1? :)
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Faello

Post by Faello »

I spoke with plk2&Nordmann, it seems that they will play vs Bastchi, but I'll let Bast or one of North&South players to confirm that.
Bast

Post by Bast »

Yes, we planned to play first & maybe a second game tomorrow.
neki

Post by neki »

Rigor wrote:oops. just deleted my big summary of the 2nd game lol. ok then u will have to do without it.

Clong Man and the Gang vs Unholy Alliance game II

an appetizer to view the winners secret chatlog:

Just_end_turn: "Now what about recruits?"
Rigor: "nothing we dont need units lol :D:D:D:D"
Just_end_turn: "So we do nothing at day?"
Rigor: "obviously not :D"
Just_end_turn: "So?"
Rigor: "move a little forward to give them the feeling that something is happening"

:mrgreen:

Figure: scream baby, scream. they are attacking!
He he, make sure you make it to the final, Rigor. It will be highly intresting to see the whiny version of this post :)
Nordmann

Post by Nordmann »

NEWS
Well tonight at 18.00 gmt a battle between Khim&Smozes representing the missing players of Bastchi fought a nice battle against the North&South team. After a nice fight with more luck on our side we finally won the game. plk2 undead hordes ruled against the drakes of smozes side since my loyals had a tough position against the well played elves of khiM. Bast were sadly missed since he did not show up nor leaving a message or anything else hopefully he is well off.

Nordmann
4S_–_Der_Lorisfluss-13.gz
(578.53 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Well up north it should be cold...
Bast

Post by Bast »

Erf, i wasnt able to connect on the internet all the day. Sorry guys. I'm so sad ..

Are you available to arrange a rematch tomorrow ? Would be great. If not sudden death rules makes me say you good luck for the rest of the tourney ;)
neki

Post by neki »

Damn, plk2 and Nordmann are back from the dead... Go for rematch, maybe they will get unlucky and lose 2 games in a row :)
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

We tried to play last night but never got going for the usual reason. We're going to make the LAST attempt to finish our second match tonight at 9PM EST. Or earlier if by some miracle everyone is on before that.