grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by grzywacz »

Wesnoth server is open source.
Just_end_turn

Post by Just_end_turn »

And integrated ladder is a FPI (Any ranking system), it won't get into trunk. It's not like the dev can't do it, it's just that they don't want to do it.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

neki wrote:Guys, seriously, embedding ladder into the multiplayer server would boost this game's popularity sky-high. If you would make the wesnoth server open source, I'd quit ladder for some time and invest all my energy in developing this feature right away.
The Wesnoth ladder is open source.

I do not believe any change of this nature would boost Wesnoths popularity to that extent, as I don't think Wesnoth has a wide enough appeal. Even the majority of players we have don't play competitive Wesnoth.

I would hate this change. I stopped playing ladder for a reason, I do not want to not be able to get away from it and still play competitively like I can at the moment.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I feel confused myself. Why you guys are using this threat to argue about ladder? This is not where to do it, imho.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I'm going to assume you meant thread. My post was in response to neki's post which was in response to Gambits comment that arguments like the ones that were happening before were part of the reason why Wesnoths multiplayer would not implement ranks and the ladder would remain unofficial.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
neki

Post by neki »

DO NOT "THREADEN" tekelili like that, Velensk, this is a peaceful forum, not some form of competitive discussion :). I will assume you were referring to Multithread programming :).
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Please, forgive my horrible English :oops:
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Radament

Post by Radament »

Rigor wrote:clong man and the gang vs spam playing wednesday 8th of december 20:30 GMT+1
How about waiting for an answer first, young Rigor?

With a heavy heart it is that I declare my withdrawal from the TGT, dragging unfortunate CragHack with me. I am sorry that this comes so sudden, but my thesis is simply swamping me and trying to make up space for even the first game has proven impossible for me. To be more precise, my advisors have decided to whip out a paper until christmas, which translates into 8-12h of lab duties 7 days a week for me. When this is all over, I´ll have to write up, and things will just get worse. Thus, we have decided with CragHack that it makes more sense to step back and free up space for one of the reserve teams, and also let Rigor experience the joys of reaching round 2.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences associated with this, especially since Faello has delivered a perfect organisation once more. This is gonna be a sweet tournament. So, yeah, Grzywacz and Deekay, you will have to wait until next TGT before you can pick up another epic defeat in the hands of S.P.a.M. :P

Radament out.
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

Radament wrote:Again, I apologize for the inconveniences associated with this, especially since Faello has delivered a perfect organisation once more. This is gonna be a sweet tournament. So, yeah, Grzywacz and Deekay, you will have to wait until next TGT before you can pick up another epic defeat in the hands of S.P.a.M. :P

Radament out.
I'm really unhappy to hear that. :doh: Good luck with your thesis, it shows once again that education can hurt. ;-)
Faello

Post by Faello »

Radament wrote: Again, I apologize for the inconveniences associated with this, especially since Faello has delivered a perfect organisation once more. This is gonna be a sweet tournament. So, yeah, Grzywacz and Deekay, you will have to wait until next TGT before you can pick up another epic defeat in the hands of S.P.a.M. :P

Radament out.
Most unfortunate indeed, as S.P.A.M. belongs to our 2vs2 players family and we played a lot of games together :hmm: thanks for the information and quick decision and good luck with your thesis Radament (I know this pain :P )
Send my best wishes to CragHack if he won't visit forums too.

Regarding Clong Man & the Gang - I'll try to organize you other opponents, we have 2 reserve teams, first one is CookieBite and khiM, I'll PM them about it, but if you will be able to contact them (somehow) faster than me, do it. It will speed up the things.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Nordmann

Post by Nordmann »

Hi guys NORTH&SOUTH vs DUCKS&DOOM first match will be this friday 17.00 GMT on the server. May the best team win!

Nordmann
Well up north it should be cold...
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

khim plays instead of bast now, so cookie is alone atm. because she was one of the first to register after the tournament was full, id suggest her to team up with one of the "single" substitution players first before the other team gets to fill in spam's place or else you would pass her over. meaning for the matchup: cookie + stenen, or cookie + huumy in that case. id really like to play soon, crag contacted me via pm that we r playing tonight and so i fixed the time via forum. the longer this takes the worse for subsequent scheduling of matches until christmas.
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

I could totally play with CookieBite. I enjoyed our 1v1 game earlier (where he/she beat me) :D
not today tho :) going sleep now
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

so far I haven't had any luck reaching Cremember via PM, and we are waiting on him to figure out when the game will be. The last time was cancelled due to having a miscommunication about the availability of the other team. So I'm posting here in the hopes that Cremember can see it: When can you play? thefish has indicated times he can play, can you talk to him or vice versa and work out when both of you can play together?

If we don't get a game going in the next weekend or two I will be really sad. :(
neki

Post by neki »

He he, problems with thefish you say ? He chose a non-active, non-reachable, non-communciative team-mate, without even bothering to contact him a second time after he said he'll play him ?! Hm... don't say I didn't tell you :)