Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by grzywacz »

Thanks CDeath! Most of this game felt like this:

:lol2:
Faello

Post by Faello »

Great pic :lol2:

btw. my archers dying easily in forest from 2-hex attacks made me to look for the reason and I FOUND IT! I KNOW THE REASON! :shock:

:mrgreen:
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Just_end_turn

Post by Just_end_turn »

For team S.P.A.M, we waited for you to connect but looks like if we want to play, I'll have to post here :doh:

So, Rigor and me are able to play until the 17th december, after that we're in hollydays. Rigor can't play at week-ends, so the game would need to be during the week.

It would be good if we could setup a game for any day of the week from 18-22H30 GMT. (With a little break of 30 mins if it's too long.)

Please answer fast so we can setup a game.
Bast

Post by Bast »

Shachi have lot of work in december & asked to be replaced, so I'll play with khiM if it's all right Faello.
Organizing the first match..
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

For the record I did indeed create the Ruins of Terra-Dwelve and until someone pointed it out to me I had no idea it was creating any sort of controversy. I have no objection to it being used in the tournament though it may be a good idea to update the terrain to the version that is in the 1.9 version for balancing reasons if you are going to use it.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
tiboloid

Post by tiboloid »

we are extremely disappointed to report that CD didn't show up to our planned game.
Given our time zones, nelson had to wake up at 6:30am, and I had to stay at work for decent Internet connection until 10:30 pm... all for nothing. Shall we play Khim and CookieBite instead ???
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

My internet was out last night. This morning I woke up to discover that I was not alone. IF there were games yesterday that suffered connection problems it might be due to this (there is a "fix" to try at the bottom):

http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-c ... e-midwest/

Thanks Comcast, as if I didn't love you enough before!
Faello

Post by Faello »

tiboloid wrote:we are extremely disappointed to report that CD didn't show up to our planned game.
(...)
Given our time zones, nelson had to wake up at 6:30am, and I had to stay at work for decent Internet connection until 10:30 pm... all for nothing. Shall we play Khim and CookieBite instead ???
Try to contact them & reschedule the game (as I understand, game with CD has to be continued so maybe they had some problems now?), I will PM them about it too.
neki

Post by neki »

Hey, since there are these problems and most of the matches have dissapeared from page 1 of this post, wouldn't it be a good idea to have on the first page a simple HTML table with all the 8 matchups (team vs. team) and their status ?

For example, first column could be teamname vs, team name, second column game 1 progress ( NOT STARTED, SAVED, or if completed, the winner name with the link to the replay or replay pack if many saves. Next column should be game 2 progress, next column game 3 progress, last column NEXT GAME SCHEDULED FOR... It will be much more transparent and fun. For example, there were 4 games scheduled, 2 dissapeared and there is only one result for which I have to zap through the forum. I mean I am enthuziastic enough about this tournament and don't need it, but it will certainly make the tournament look better and more exciting for others.

Just a thought!
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

Feel free to create such page! :eng:
Faello

Post by Faello »

neki wrote:Hey, since there are these problems and most of the matches have dissapeared from page 1 of this post, wouldn't it be a good idea to have on the first page a simple HTML table with all the 8 matchups (team vs. team) and their status ? (...)
Matches are disappearing from the "Coming games" section because they were (either) already played OR cancelled from some reason.

Tournament tree is posted in post 1, so it's visible who is playing who in this round, it will be also updated after this round will be completed (there will be an announcement with scores etc.)

Regarding results: Yes, I can post them in tournament news (in fact I did it in the previous TGT but forgot about it :D ), but results will disappear after some time to make a place for new announcements.

Regarding HTML & other fancy stuff - I don't think it's necessary, I'm putting all the important informations to the 1st post of the thread on the daily basis, I agree that it would be more transparent, but I don't have a time to do it.

Still, if somebody wants to create such a page, and will put the scores there, I will gladly put a link to it, to the 1st post of TGT thread :mrgreen:

Regarding participants who are not eager to read the thread: It's a tournament organized via official forum, contact is organized via forum, I can update it's status only via forum, you're posting the scores of the games and replays via forum.

Probably that's why I'm repeating myself OVER & OVER again to check this thread from time to time :mrgreen:

I'm hardly responsible for people level of enthusiasm - either people are interested in the tournament or they're not :)
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

sorry to hear about all the scheduling problems u guys are having with this tournament. it really is inevitable though... if theres anything that past 2v2 and even 1v1 tournaments have taught us is that no matter how flexible tournament schedules are they always still seem to get missed or delayed =/
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

The arguments that we are still seeing are exactly the reason mainline multiplayer will never support skill ratings, and that the ladder remains unofficial.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

clong man and the gang vs spam playing wednesday 8th of december 20:30 GMT+1
neki

Post by neki »

Guys, seriously, embedding ladder into the multiplayer server would boost this game's popularity sky-high. If you would make the wesnoth server open source, I'd quit ladder for some time and invest all my energy in developing this feature right away.

Anyways, RNG win vs. Mediteranean on first game, so one - zero! :P you can find the save game attached, replay is robably broken thanks to the million saves.

Second game will be on the exact date announced for the first game :) Faello, could u please update ? Thanks!
Attachments
RNG_Mediteranean_4p_-_Clash_Turn_19.gz
Clash - Undead&Loyal vs. Orc&Loyal
(68.51 KiB) Downloaded 184 times