[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rigor

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by Rigor »

not a single game takes place earlier than sunday according to schedule. only because u have started a game already doesnt mean that the majority of them who play sunday cant pick this map once in their lives. dont be so complicated, ive fulfilled my part of the bargain. you arent gonna play it anyways since u wont have to. maybe ull drop and u wont have to worry too much at all? ack ack ack :lol2:
neki

Post by neki »

Hm... "earlier game than Sunday", "this imbalanced map", "me being complicated": aah... any logical connection ? Rigor, seriously, what happened to you "rigorous" coherent expressing of ideas ?! I think you never had it, it is the nick's fault that I assume stuff about you :mrgreen:

Anyways, make sure you make it to the finals so I can laugh a bit when you start whining :mrgreen:
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

I talked with Rigor about this tournament and I think he said I could maybe still get in the tournament or something like that so:

If some1 wants me into their team post in this thread or pm me. I will check forums/possibly play wesnoth. From 5pm at weeks +2 Central european time.

I like to play wesnoth 1v1 "seriously" but I can play 2v2s for fun, so if you want decent player to have fun while playing in this tournament (if it's still possible to sign in) pick me :D.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
neki

Post by neki »

Well, I thought people play for fun this tournament, but they are actually damn serious and good about it - me and Dauntless have a very tough time against our opponnents, it's anyone's game at this point. If you wish to see the reload, follow us next Sunday, as announced on first post of this topic.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Rigor wrote:i have my 6 players, Faello:

myself
Just_end_turn
The Black Sword
Aisikle
Merlin 74
IPS
Lobezno
CookieBite
1st round of tournament has already began - I won't change the rules atm, when Organisation Week is already over - players won't have enough time to train on it, not to mention all the negative opinions about it & the fact that both CookieBite and IPS are on the reserve list and Just_end_turn said that he played it only once so he might change his mind... :roll:

Eot.
Huumy wrote:If some1 wants me into their team post in this thread or pm me. I will check forums/possibly play wesnoth. From 5pm at weeks +2 Central european time.
Thanks Huumy, I'm putting you on the substitute players list :)
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

Thanks Huumy, I'm putting you on the substitute players list :)
Cool, thanks :D
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

imagine i wouldnt have been the one having an advantage - according to the rules, it wouldnt have been the most played map in this TGT,

a) since you cant pick the map all alone but in accord with the other team, and i wouldnt have been able to play it against our first opponents because of the egalitarian-negative perception and

b) because u limited its use to round one only.

the only team that would have profited from this suggestion would have been Nerds R US (The Black Sword & tekelili) vs Entropy (Aisikle & ManicDementia) but now we wont even see one game in the tournie on this quality map.

sorry for not putting the list of players on a plate in 3 days or less, next time ill spend all my spare time to get them in time. of course taking the map in from the start without starting a big discussion about it in the first place would have eliminated all the shallow reasons you presented right now, including the fact that few ppl trained on the map, negative opinions which is also happening with other maps, or not rating the votes from reserve players equally.
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

Round 1, Game 1 of

Instintkillerreturnsagainstronger (thefish & Cremember) vs NFC North (Cutler & Rodgers)

we hope will be played tonight (Saturday Dec 4th) at 9PM EST (That's 0200 GMT on Sunday the 5th).

We are waiting for Crewmember to confirm, but we don't really know how to get in touch with him, so if anyone sees him, please direct him here!
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Most of the people are not familiar with this map, why should we give an advantage to the 6 people that know it and agree with it
I'd like to point out that I've never played this map and so would probably be at a disadvantage if it was played. I think this is a pretty bad argument against the inclusion of the map, I used to play a lot of 2v2s a few years ago but really I wasn't very familiar with any of the 2v2 maps before this tournament was announced. I think a number of the tournament players were in a similar situation, maybe we should have narrowed to 1 map so everyone would be familiar with it?

In the end the map was considered up to mainline standards and there were no reasonable arguments put forward for it being unbalanced. Someone said that they didn't want to play the map because its too big which is fine but no reason to rule out others playing the map(and its about the same size as path of daggers). Its your own fault really if you don't practice all the mainline maps and the one you don't practice comes up in a tournament.

I respect your decision to rule it out Faello and to a certain extent I understand the reasoning that people didn't train on it since it wasn't on the list at the start, I'm just a little disappointed that people are being so negative about a new map, especially when its already been mainlined.

Hope to see a couple of good games tomorrow :) .
neki

Post by neki »

BlackSword:
I think this is a pretty bad argument against the inclusion of the map
Well, since you "elegantly" tried to refute my argument, without even mentioning my nick, I would like to invoke my right to directly reply back :mrgreen:
I'd like to point out that I've never played this map
If you didn't play this map at all, then you should not have any right to support it/reject it! I played it once and got owned pretty badly. Because in my totally noobish opinion I think it was because of the race imabalace for that map, I have thereby drawn a conclusion based on my personal experience and expertise and I have listed it on this forum. Now, on what experience/slightest effort to analyze this map do you base the part of your post that attacks my humble opinion ?

That's all I am going to say... for now :mrgreen:
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Hi NEKI(happy now :P ),
1st, you haven't actually defended your argument, that is that the players who support the inclusion of the map have an advantage on it over those who don't.

2nd, I tried to explain my reasoning behind my support in the previous post: I trust the mainline developers to only allow maps in that are up to a certain standard and have heard no reasonable argument that they were wrong to do so. (I'm also pretty sure that Velensk made this map and I quite like his other maps, though I know you don't like Crescent Lake :wink: ).
You've given an argument in your post(though its pretty vague) but no evidence behind it, not even a replay. That's fine if you want to base your own opinion on it but if you want to convince me that mainline was wrong then you'll need a bit more.

Elegant? :D
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

i understand u dont want to dig out the replay, neki. would be a bit embarrassing to see that ultimate ownage of your own self again. who did u say was your opponent again?
Faello

Post by Faello »

Enough already guys, this matter is closed.
nelson

Post by nelson »

Chandler_Bing from CD had some connection problems, so Miso Hapi and CD were unable to finish our first game. We plan to complete it about 30 hours from now, at 7am GMT-5 on Monday, Dec 6.
Faello

Post by Faello »

1st game in the CDeath vs Noob Leavers matchup ended in Noob Leavers victory! :doh: (RNG failed us, thus I'll burn RNG temples in my domain to punish it! :shock: )

Good game guys, hope we'll get even next time :mrgreen:
Attachments
TGTround1game1CDeathvsNoobLeaversTurn26.gz
(46.67 KiB) Downloaded 160 times