[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tekelili

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by tekelili »

Just off the recerds I want cry a little: 2 ud is *censored*, *we dont want children read this*, *something disgustion about lieche mother* possible faction combination for 2v2 :P

Nice game Entropy, see you in final battle :)
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

i am coming home from my skiing trip tomorrow so there is a slight chance that i will instantly storm the PC and we can have a second match:

2nd match Unholy Alliance vs Clong Man and the Gang

if not Monday 20. dec 21:00 gmt+1 then
Tuesday 21. dec 20:00 gmt+1

from my side at least.

snowy greetings

R
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

I heard nothing all week from Cremember or thefish. My PM regarding trying to play this weekend got no response either. Now I have no time left, and this is the week before Christmas. What happens if no game appears before the Dec 23rd window? Maybe we can get one or part of one in this week, but I can't imagine that we would be able to play 2 full games in the time remaining (given how hard it has been to get one in).

I am really disappointed, because our first match was a close game and I was looking forward to continuing our matchup. Deciding anything on the results of one game is not ideal, but unless something magical happens soon we will not have any more than that by the deadline.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Well, technically, it's possible to play games during 23-30 Dec (but it's only a possibility, since 23 - 1st of Jan are meant to be a break in the tournament)
but if at least 1 game was already played (in this case NFC North won), NFC North will be the team advancing to the next round basing on the Sudden Death rule used in the first edition of the TGT (basically it means that if the teams played only 1 game, winners of this game will advance further).

Regarding Miso Hapi vs. CD matchup - Miso Hapi will be the team that will advance further, basing on their activity, advantage in the first game that wasn't finished and CD problems to find a time to play. Espescially, I'd like to thank winddog for help in closing this matter in the spirit of sportsmanship (wish you and Chandler had more time)

I'd like to know also, what is going on between Bastchi & Stardock?
I've contacted you guys, Bastchi had their squad changed in order to allow fluent play, mjr says he's the most avaible guy around and YET it looks like no one really cares about the matchups. I don't get PM's, etc. nothing. If you won't play at least 1 game guys, I don't see any reason to allow any of your teams to advance further :|
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

[quote="Aisikle]The second match between Entropy and Nerds R Us resulted in a victory to Entropy![/quote]

Only now I have the time comment on the match :).
It was 2 ud armies including one leader attacking first night on my loyalist army. Luckily I had white mage as leader, any other leader would been almost certain death. But all I had to do was simply survive through the night. My ally Aisikle was not only helping to defend vs the undead horde but stealing most of the opponent villages securing the victory.

I recommend this one for any1. I think it's good example how to play defensive and what to do when there's nothing protecting the opponent villages.

Also it was really close game that should be fun to watch.

gg and thanks for playing every1.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

Rigor Monday works better for me personally but I would be avaliable both days. When I hear back from Bear_ I will let you know.
Just_end_turn

Post by Just_end_turn »

Available monday. Also available tuesday but probably with a break. (To eat.)
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

hi guys, here are the 2nd and 3rd games of Ducks of Doom vs North&South:

1st game: North & South (UD and Orcs) won over Ducks of Doom (Elves and Drakes) on Xanthe: After losing too many villages to N&S's strong 1st night push we felt that something must be done, before the economic advantage of our opponents kicks in. Yet my premature efforts to gain ground on the left side combined with MrHase's bad luck on the right side led to a pretty quick gg.

And since the 1st game ended so fast, we agreed to play the 2nd game right away on the smallest tournament map (to save even more time ;)), so here comes the

2nd game: Ducks of Doom (UD and Drakes) won over North & South (Drakes and Loy) on Underworld: most of the action focussed on the southern part of the map, where MrHase and I launched an initial attack on Nordmann's loys. After Plk's massive intervention and shifting time of day forced us to retreat, N&S launched their own counterattack which came to still pretty close to my keep. Only then did the situation stabillised and we managed to wear the bigger part of their forces down and finish the rest at night.

plk2 and Nordmann: thanks for the great matches guys, was really fun to play with you (although i would have wished not to face such tough opponents right in the first round :wink: )

Ducks are off for the Christmas break... don't feel too secure though, for we will be never entirely gone muhaha

edit: for some weird reason the replays are shown as corrupted and will not open for me if the file name is too long. So in case you experience simillar problems, just delete a part of the replay's name (but be careful not to delete the ".gz"-extension)
Attachments
TGT_Ducks_of_Doom_vs_North_and_South_3 (Underworld).gz
(34.78 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
TGT_Ducks_of_Doom_vs_North_and_South_2 (Xanthe_Chaos).gz
(22.54 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

Bear_ is avaliable at 2100 Gmt +1 today (Monday) so we will plan to play game 2 then!
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

i might be a little late tonight, unexpectedly i cant get home at the time i usually arrive, that means you will have to be a little patient and if u dont see me in the lobby until 21 30 that means there is even more trouble due to snow and we just play tomorrow.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

made it :D
Faello

TGT - 1st round nearly over

Post by Faello »

All right guys, some TGT update:

- round will end, as predicted, at 23th Dec 2010
- still, it is possible to play games between 23 - 30 Dec
- with current status, following teams will advance to the next round:

ALPHA Group:
- Noob Leavers
- R.N.G.
- Miso Hapi (via TGT admin decision)
OMEGA Group:
- Clong man and the gang (if second game wasn't played and if it was, if it wasn't a Unholy_Alliance victory)
- Ducks of Doom
- NFC North

I'm still waiting for Entropy vs. Nerd R Us third game.

Now the important part:
Stardock vs. Bastchi - if I won't hear from you guys until the end of 1st round (that is until 23th od Dec) I'm eliminating both your teams out of the TGT. I'll do the same thing at 30th Dec if you'll respond on this message, but don't play a single game.

Winner slot from this matchup will be taken randomly by the team that managed to win 1 game in TGT, but was eliminated (atm that is North&South or team that will be eliminated in the Nerds R Us & Entropy matchup).

I'll post end-of-the-round announcement around 30th Dec (maybe sooner if everybody will end playing their games)

I have some important things to do in late Dec/Jan so I'll be avaible mostly through PM system via forum, I won't be present on the server and it may be a permanent situation.

With regards,

Faello
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

we have a savegame from the 2nd game, soul_steven DCed yesterday evening. tonight i am invited to a party so i wont be able to play. what about finishing tomorrow wednesday evening 20:30 gmt+1 ?
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

That is fine with me Rigor. If someone is unable to make it I am ok with you guys moving to the next round without it being played. You had the advantage in the second game and already won the first. I apologize for the disconnection yesterday.
Cutler

Post by Cutler »

All right guys, some TGT update:

- round will end, as predicted, at 23th Dec 2010
- still, it is possible to play games between 23 - 30 Dec
We're going to try and play between christmas and new years.
Only victory shall unmask a mystery knight.