[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

neki

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by neki »

grrr,

I have enjoyed the tournament and no hater like you can make me feel otherwise :)

Talking about frustration, I think you filled so many inexistent gaps in my straightforward sentence with your own assumptions and frustrations. I didn't play this with the goal of proving something, but the fact that me and Daunt won this tournament does in itself prove something ;).

As for the other negative ideas and assumptions that you replied with to my positive post, I'd love to discuss them in a private Skype conversation, but I find them here meant as a personal attack, therefore totally off topic.

All the best to you and take it easy :)!
Faello

Post by Faello »

It's a bit late in Europe, so final TGT post announcing the official winners + stats, "credits" and final replay pack will be posted tomorrow :)
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

I told you this "in person" already, but- Props and congrats!
neki wrote:The finals composition proved that ladder players can kick ass in any form of competitional Wesnoth, be it 1v1, 2v2 or whatever and maybe they should be listened more to when taking into consideration race&map balancing or any other game mechanics related issue.
"and map balancing...."

You say that as though I don't listen to ladder players. You know very well that I do, and I think other top ladder players will confirm this. ;)

Anyways, well done, Team RNG.

:D
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
cookie

Post by cookie »

Any player can play well, it's just some choose not to play properly.

Congrats Dauntyyy.

Nice work guys! Thanks for making this tournament so fun to watch and creators for making this possible. Hopefully it will spark more fun and concentrated games on server.
Last edited by cookie on October 6th, 2019, 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bye says the cookie.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

i can guarantee u to almost 99% whos gonna post today as well to reply to ur statement.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Congratulations, neki & Daunt :)
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the end of the match yesterday. Looking forward to see your commentary, neki.
However - I'm pretty sure you only won due to the RNG :mrgreen:
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
cookie

Post by cookie »

Rigor wrote:i can guarantee u to almost 99% whos gonna post today as well to reply to ur statement.
I can understand 50% of that but I think I understand if you're saying that directed to me. But hey, at least I showed restraint. :L
I always do. If i said all the things I wanted to, I'd be in a massive pile of trouble. :)
Bye says the cookie.
Faello

End of The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by Faello »

Official TGT! Announcement:

1) Ladies & Gentlemen, I'm happy to present you the results of The GRAND TAG! 2nd Edition Finals:

Random Noob Gamers (2) vs. North&South (0)

Tournament Tree after the Final Round of TGT!:

Since all the games were played...

I hereby announce that Random Noob Gamers [Dauntless & neki] are The CHAMPIONS of The GRAND TAG! 8)

and...

North&South [Nordmann & plk2] are The VICE-CHAMPIONS of The GRAND TAG! :D

Congratulations to the Champions and Vice-Champions !

All TGT! games were played, thus...

2) I announce that The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 tournament, 2nd Edition is FINISHED! (Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:27 pm) :D

I wanted to thank the TGT! participants, I hope that you had fun and that TGT! was a pleasant experience for you all - more or less 2010/2011 edition dwarfed the 2009 one and I hope that it made a link between 1vs1 and 2vs2 players worlds - more or less we all play the same, awesome game :)

Now it's the time for the...

TOURNAMENT SUMMARY:
Number of players that participated: 35
Number of the teams that participated: 17
Number of the games played: 32
Number of the TGT Admin PM's sent & received: about 300
Tournament lenght: 131 days (4 months, 10 days)

This edition of the TGT grew bigger & was definitely better than the first one. Considering the fact that this edition wasn't restricted to the certain time zone & was open to everybody that had the guts to compete and a team mate at his side, I'd say this was probably one of the most (if not the most) successful wesnoth tournament launched on the official wesnoth forums :)

Still, it wouldn't be possible without the big support from the participants, moderators and developers that helped me move this event forward, thus...

The Special Thanks List:

alpha1 - for his input into this edition of the TGT, and for his Vice-TGT Admin work
Gambit - for keeping this topic under control
grzywacz & deekay - for spreading the world about the tournament in the community
sidzej - for his input into this edition of the TGT and for being a good team mate
Natasiel- for radomizing the tournament tree
neki & Rigor - for spreading the world about the tournament in the community
developers - for accepting the idea

3) I've created a TGT! 2nd Edition Replay Pack & Finals Replay Pack. Download it, unrar it to your savegames directory and enjoy all of the 1.8.5 TGT! 2nd Edition replays !

That's all folks :D !
Attachments
TGTFinalsReplayPack.rar
Two TGT! 2nd Edition Final games
(74.78 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
TGT2ndEditionReplayPack.rar
All 32 replays of TGT! 2nd Edition games
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 568 times
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Hello everybody,
thanks for the congratulations :)

It is a marvellous feeling to sit on the TGT throne and I would like to thank everybody who helped me put my butt on it.

That would be neki of course, who is a very nasty person to deal with when he is on the other side of the barricade, but a very nice one when he sits on your side. My teamplay with him was very effective and he shares an equal part on our achievement.
Secondly it would be all our opponents and all the players in general who participated in this tournament and made it possible. Special thanks go to plk+Nordmann for eliminating the Ducks of Doom from our way ;)
And last but definitely not least, I would like to thank all the organisers and devs, and of course especially Faello for coming up with the idea, supporting it and doing all the work in the background.
Faello did a tremendous job managing the tourney and keeping the forums up to date with his announcements and replay packs, we cant thank you enough for that.

So thats about it. And even though sitting on the throne is nice and comfy, I would be happy to switch it for TGT 3rd edition sometimes and get a new chance to compete against the best :)

Cheers

Dauntless
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Congrats Daunt and neki, I have to admit, I spent most of the tournament rooting against you because I wanted to see a third game :wink: . That just shows how good and consistent your play was(and a very good example on how little you can allow luck to matter) and you're well deserved winners.

PS. I promise to watch the final replay soon :oops: .
Nordmann

Post by Nordmann »

Quite busy with life and work a late thanks to all organizing and playing this tournament. Special thanks to Faello, best job seen so far concerning a wesnoth tournament. As always the halffinals seemed to be the best part of the tournament, with great epic matches. My congratulations to Dauntless and neki who proved to be the best team.

Nordmann
Well up north it should be cold...
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

I have told the two winners that I will incorporate their names into the new Hornshark. So, Dauntless and Neki, you can each choose one of the available starting units, and give it a name, within reason. ;)

I'll post the list in the Bold New Maps thread, so write your ideas in there.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Faello

Post by Faello »

Thanks for the nice words guys, it feels really good when your work is appreciated :)

btw. TBS, Nordmann and others have right regarding the TGT - semi-finals were probably the best round & there's no doubt that Random Noob Gamers were the best team in the tournament ^_^
Doc Paterson wrote:I have told the two winners that I will incorporate their names into the new Hornshark. So, Dauntless and Neki, you can each choose one of the available starting units, and give it a name, within reason. ;)
That's a really nice bonus Doc! Signs of gratitude! :D
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

Faello wrote:
b)Corrupted replays from reloaded games

- it's a well known fact, that replays from reloaded games are usually corrupted and can't be watched, this problem hits particularly a high level games that tend to be long, thus probability of saving & reloading the game is higher in their case. Still, such a corrupted replay can be repaired:
Would this help? Errors in replays of reloaded games
Or is it another problem?
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums