[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Faello

Rules Modifications

Post by Faello »

Rules Modifications:
- I've noticed that tournament creates a lot of emotions already, thus I've decided to change some of the rules to keep healthy level of competition, most important changes are:

1.All players have to play RANDOM faction and accept the outcome of faction randomness
2.P1 Team of the first game will be chosen randomly by the program run by neutral person, thus loser of the first game will have the possibility to choose if he will play as P1 in the second game and winner of the first game will have the possibility to choose if he will play as P1 in the third game if this game will be necessary
3. bona fides rule - rules are never perfect, thus bona fides (good will) should be visible in team behaviour, if the team will find some part of the rules not precise , malignant behaviour will be punished by official warning. If the team will still act in malignant way, it can be banned

1st post with the rules was updated accordingly.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
neki

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by neki »

Just so you know, random P1 on first game is my merit :) but, please, do not throw stones at me for the all random rule, because I have nothing to do with this, although I just love this rule!!!

Congratulations for the new modification, Faello, which make the rules clearer and disputes/discussions/complaints among teams almost impossible.

neki
Faello

waiting for the tournament tree...

Post by Faello »

TGTOrganiser - program that will randomize TGT tournament tree and choose Home (P1) teams for every round, written by sidzej ,was sent together with it's source code to Natasiel, that will post us the results of randomization soon, so probably in next couple of hours you will all know your opponents in Round 1 of TGT! :)
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

arrrrrrrrr =)
neki

Post by neki »

Post those match-ups, baby!!! :)
Stenen

Replacement / Single player

Post by Stenen »

If someone is in need of a replacement or dont have a team mate. I am single at the moment and have no team. So let me know.
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

So, why can't sidzej run it? How does having it run by anyone else prevent the program from outputting hardcoded matchups ? :D
neki

Post by neki »

Hm... Match-ups ?! Shall I understand you experience unforeseen technical problems ? Just tell, I could help, I am an experienced programmer...

Why don't u run the program, u developed it, u run it, what's the problem ?! I don't mind if u are both the organizer and the developer, the best teams will win anyways, no matter the match-ups. But post the match-ups fast, because for example the one that will fight vs. thefish will have to be quick in contacting him and wait a loooong time before he responds with the scheduled day and hour :)
Last edited by neki on November 29th, 2010, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shachi

Post by Shachi »

Team: Bastchi are GMT+1. 8)
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

neki

Post by neki »

With all my respect for Rigor, I think introducing a new map is the last thing we need right now. We need match-ups!

By the way, don't go to Rigor's link, there is only one option to vote, don't click it :). Organizers, can we get a ban for Rigor for this link and dirty trick ? :)

Or at least start a poll of who agrees to:

a) ban Rigor from the tournament
b) "Vote Counter" :p
Faello

Post by Faello »

grzywacz wrote:So, why can't sidzej run it? How does having it run by anyone else prevent the program from outputting hardcoded matchups ? :D
I've asked Natasiel to randomize the tree for the sake of neutrality. Ofc I could just put tickets with team names into a mug, draw them manually etc. but this way seems to be more honest - I just want ppl to be sure that I've done everything I could to make it honest :)

Regarding technicalities: I've asked creator (sidzej) to post in this topic about it.
neki wrote:Hm... Match-ups ?! Shall I understand you experience unforeseen technical problems ? Just tell, I could help, I am an experienced programmer...
We don't have technical problems, we're all waiting for Natasiel now :wink:
neki wrote:Why don't u run the program, u developed it, u run it, what's the problem ?! I don't mind if u are both the organizer and the developer, the best teams will win anyways, no matter the match-ups.
I won't be a judge in my own case, I'm playing in this tournament too, thus if we've decided to randomize the tree, someone else should do it for sake of decency.
neki wrote:But post the match-ups fast, because for example the one that will fight vs. thefish will have to be quick in contacting him and wait a loooong time before he responds with the scheduled day and hour :)
Round 1 was already extended by me to almost two and half a week, don't worry, you'll manage to set the games - also, plz rememeber, that this topic is meant for organisational purpose & discussing the tournament, not discussing your personal aversion to other player(s).
Last edited by Faello on November 30th, 2010, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

neki arent u supposed to be in bed after 22:00 ? this map is included in the stable release have a look :eng:

with your great prediction skills you amaze only 5yr olds "for example, now i predict brutal win for the undead&orc team" :lol2:

while watching how brutal the win really was you can take a look at the huge chatlog (maybe set speed to 0,25 or pause game from time to time) and see yourself that it was our dear organizer Faello who came up with the idea to put the map to a test by vote.
Attachments
4p_-_Clash-Autospeichern15.gz
2nd pre-TGT chatlog & epic 2v2 clash
(68.4 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
neki

Post by neki »

In this case, please count the votes on the map substracting one vote: MINE, because I fell for your "Vote Counter" dirty trick :). Seriously, put a YES or NO there, I don't think Faello agreed also to your dirty trick.

Faello, are u going to let Rigor talk on your behalf ?! I mean I could understand any other emissary, but Rigor ?! He's worse than a Footpad :)
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Oi! Cool it. Take your personal quarrels to PMs. This is a friendly tournament in a friendly community for a friendly game. If you can't be friendly then at least fight privately.

This, as far as I am aware, is the first time a tournament has had its thread stickied, been announced in the server message of the day, and even been linked to in our IRC channel topics. It's practically got developer endorsement. Do you want to make them regret that with bad behavior? Because that's what would happen. If fights constantly break out over tournaments then what do you think we will do?