[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

alpha1

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by alpha1 »

Thanks for nice words Nordmann, i appreciate it :) tbh after watching the replay for a few times, it became apparent to me that luck didn't play such a crucial role as we felt during the game. Sure, we had some unlucky moments (and lucky too), but it seems like the flaws in our plans had a much bigger impact on the game. So good luck for the finals and congratulation on the victory guys, you deserved it :)

@neki: it's a sad day for ducks too... but sometimes things just don't work out as one might have hoped :wink:

Overall participating in the TGT was an interesting experience, even if most games felt more like hard work than anything else hehe (/me realizes now how the korean pro-starcraft players feel :twisted: ). But anyway, i would like to thank Faello for organising the TGT (and infusing my limited desicions with his unlimited POWAAAAHS) and especially to all the players who participated, this tournament would be hardly the same without you guys :)

ps. for some reason the replay was shown as corrupted, but it worked fine after i renamed it to "halffinal.gz"
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Don't forget that you're still a Vice TGT Admin alphy :!: - :eng: TGT admins can be kicked out for from the competition, but they can never take our admin powerz! :shock:
alpha1 wrote: Overall participating in the TGT was an interesting experience, even if most games felt more like hard work than anything else hehe (/me realizes now how the korean pro-starcraft players feel :twisted: ). But anyway, i would like to thank Faello for organising the TGT (and infusing my limited desicions with his unlimited POWAAAAHS) and especially to all the players who participated, this tournament would be hardly the same without you guys :)
Well, more or less it's THE 2vs2 tournament, it's not only about skillz but also about persistence and zee IRON WILL :shock: - only the true hardkorzz can hold the TGT Champions title :geek:

...probably that's why The Drunken Clash Master title will have to be sufficient for me... (: P)ilZ

Was fun to have you&MrHase on the board alphy, more or less, you had a great impact on setting the TGT rules & other stuff. That third game between you and North&South is also a real masterpiece in the 2vs2 replays section. If wesnoth would have sites like this one, it would be there as some important historic game ^_^

But the thing that worries me the most is that I lost my last padawans from Faello&Friends :|

What will I do, oh what will I do, it's a disaster :hmm:
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

All signs on Earth and Heavens tell me that Noob Leavers are going to continue their 2nd game against Random Noob Games tomorrow (Wed, 9th), at 8GMT. CMIIAW. :hmm:
Faello

Post by Faello »

Ladies & gentlemen, another action packed uhh..ehh..european morning will begin in next several hours:
COMING GAMES:
- The second game of TGT semi-finals between Noob Leavers and Random Noob Gamers will be continued on Wednesday, 9th of March 2011 at 8:00 of GMT.
Regarding game: CLICK!

Regarding the rest: CLICK!
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

Faello wrote:Regarding game: CLICK!
:? :hmm: :doh:
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Faello wrote:Don't forget that you're still a Vice TGT Admin alphy :!: - :eng: TGT admins can be kicked out for from the competition, but they can never take our admin powerz! :shock:
Don't worry, bro. I am well aware of the unlimited responsibility that comes with unlimited power, i'll stick around till the tournament is over :wink:
grzywacz wrote:All signs on Earth and Heavens tell me that Noob Leavers are going to continue their 2nd game against Random Noob Games tomorrow (Wed, 9th), at 8GMT. CMIIAW.
The signs... I too can see them now! :shock:

btw. guys, i really must comment on your usual playing times, they have been very... "australia-friendly" so far :P
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

@alphy: More like Austria friendly, at least it seems to me. Not sure if its Faellos typo or mistake, anyways we are playing today (wednesday) at 8 PM GMT.
Come and watch ;)
DL
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Faello wrote: Regarding game: CLICK!
Why Poland? :hmm:
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Ladies, gentlemen and all wesnoth fans,

I am proudly announcing the results of the second semifinals of the TGT tournament between Noob Leavers (deekay and grzywacz) and Random Noob Gamers (neki and me).

The second game (3 UD and elf on xanthe) ended in the win of RNG, resulting into the aggregate score of 2:0 for RNG.

Both games were truly epic and on behalf of RNG i would like to thank NL for the games and their behavior - they were really nice opponents.

We look forward meeting team North and South in the finals :)

Replay attached below

Dauntless out
Attachments
TGT_semi_game_2.gz
(60.09 KiB) Downloaded 481 times
Faello

TGT 2nd Edition Semi-Finals Announcement

Post by Faello »

TGT 2nd Edition Semi-Finals results coming right up! Only two teams remained in the competition for the ultimate prize - the title of TGT 2nd Edition Champions which gives boost to fame & better pick-up skills etc. etc. ... :shock:

Considering the fact that all 6 games were top-notch, textbook examples of hardcore 2vs2 wesnoth, final games are something that everybody obs'ing the TGT actively should be looking up to... :!:

TGT Semi-Finals RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT

Random Noob Gamers (2) vs. Noob Leavers (0)
North&South (2.5) vs. Ducks of Doom (1.5)

Tournament Tree after the end of the Semi-Finals of The GRAND TAG!:

Replay Pack from the Semi-Finals of TGT:
Attachments
TGTSemiFinalsReplayPack.rar
TGT Semi-Finals Replay Pack(6 games)
(381.62 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
Faello

TGT 2nd Edition Finals Organisation Announcement

Post by Faello »

TGT 2nd Edition Finals Organisation Announcement

Ladies & Gentlemen,

After almost 4 months since the beginning of the TGT Organisation Week and 29 games that were played in The GRAND TAG! 2nd Edition since that time, we've finally reached the Final Round of The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition.

I'd like to oficially congratulate the teams that met in the Semi-Finals, I'm pretty sure this tournament gathered some of the best, solid and responsible 2vs2 and 1vs1 registered players that are active and replays from the games definitely prove it.

I hereby announce The GRAND TAG! 2nd Edition Finals as OPEN!

There's no deadline on this round, it's up to the Group Winners when they'll decide to play out the final games for the title.

I can only suggest the date that will make observing the Finals easier for the community (weekends) and make sure that replays won't get corrupted, but as I said - these are only suggestions.

When the Group Winners will decide on the date of the Final Games, please announce it in this topic, as it was done before in the previous rounds.

There's also a question about a third place game (or games) - if the Noob Leavers and Ducks of Doom are interested, they might fight for the third place, either on the Sudden Death rules (1 game) or in classic Best 2 out of 3 way.

with regards,

Faello
neki

Post by neki »

Come on, do it for the crowd Duckies and NL! Actually, Duckies have declared they are not interested in third place and NL have said they do not want 3rd place. Therefore it is by the crowd's unanimous decision that you should fight for 4th place :)! Seriously guys, at least play a deathmatch (best out of 1), the fans want to see Duckies play once more :P

And now an elaborate message for the finalists:

plkkkkkkkkk, Nordmaaaaaaaan, we are coming for you!
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

neki wrote:Seriously guys, at least play a deathmatch (best out of 1), the fans want to see Duckies play once more :P
Im kinda on a wesbreak atm and won't be able to play at least till beginning/mid april. Thats just me, im not really sure about MrHase's plans and have no idea about grzywacz and deekay... So i'm afraid chances for a game for the 3rd place are not very high (Sorry dude :()
neki

Post by neki »

Since this is ZA FINALS and there are 4 players in it, it means that neki represents a whopping 1/4 of the remaining fighters in the tournament. Therefore now I am "numerous" enough :) to bring forward this motion: THE FINALS' schedule shall be organized publicly on the TGT forum, not through private messages in order for the world to see, to behold, to understand...

plkkkkkkkkk, Nordmaaaaaaaaaann, you chess playing, always resurrecting, drawing instead of losing, sneaky ladder playing bastards :) quit hiding and bring forward a day and time for a brutal, righteous, man-to-man duel. Let the winners live forever remembered in the TGT hall of fame and let the losers die into the shadows of unknown without any TGT admin's resurrection decision :).

The prophecy says there will be week-end and then a week will pass as slowly as a limp snail on a sea of tar... But then the week-end shall rise again!!! And the insidious RNG hordes will face campers from both North and South! The first day of this week-end ( 19th of March ) at the second ray of sun (11 AM GMT) the crowds shall cheer and blood shall be shed without a single moment of truce until one warrior team lies defeated on the field of battle. Sun may shine in the sky and the moon may swiftly replace it but the battle shall go on until the magic words "GG" will bring the battle to its fierce end.

The brutal spirits of Wesnoth have spoken, plk and Nordmann. You have been challenged! Will you accept ?
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Hiho,
Very nice match invitation and TGT finals challenge neki :)
You just missed one point.
Im leaving tomorrow for vacation, coming back next saturday evening.
So i suggest changing the word saturday for sunday in your epic invitation ;)
Peace out hombres, and if fate doesnt put itself between us, i hope to clash swords next sunday at sunrise.

Or a tad later, cause im a heavy sleeper ;)

DL