[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

neki

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by neki »

cookie wrote: If I may ask... What is a Clong ?
It is an interjection, our beloved Cookie! And if you are going to say that you didn't ask me, don't bother, that's exactly the reason why I replied :)

neki
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

They are like tongs except that the end that you use to pick up things has more surface area.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

there are different explanations what clong might mean, a small selection:

1. Clong Man is primarily this dude, whose hobby is to make music like throwing garbage cans at enemy leaders - for the first time, he was actively used in the ambush! tournament to express the users most unserious attempt to win a game (it remained an attempt, more details here - the very best mini-tournament so far: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 1&start=30).

but i also like the other explanations for clong i found on the internet:

2. 378 × 378 - Kelly green Letter C Long Sleeve Shirts Design (google pictures told me its our teams flag)

3. to hit with a dull thudding force (from the urban dicitonary)
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

1st match of Cutler & Rodgers vs. plk2 and Nordmann will be (tentatively) this Saturday at 5:30PM GMT (12:30 PM EST)
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Noob Leavers won 2nd game vs Nerd R Us and pass to alpha final. Congrats guys, you really played very well and deserved victory. I for sure will watch your next round,it will be a hi-quality game :)

Thanks to all players and Faello for make this tournament possible. Wasnt only great, also necesary. Have chance of so good games renovated my love for wesnoth :D

And thanks to The_Black_Sword, a luxury have so friendly and skilled mate.

I hope see all of you in next TGT edition :eng:
Attachments
4p_-_Xanthe_Chaos_Turn_16_(5507).gz
(35.82 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Nordmann

Post by Nordmann »

Here we are back again. North&South won their first tournament match vs NFC North. Rodgers on 1 played knalgans against my Orcs on 3. Plk2 loyals on 2 faced cutlers orcs on 4. During game Rodgers Knalgans could never gain the initiative, also due to some bad rng luck - since his thunderer missed mostly. Anyway plk2 could keep his gold during night and attack during day. So slowly we won the gold advantage resulting in a win. Thanks for the nice matchup guys and the next game will be on PoD.
4S_–_Der_Lorisfluss-17.gz
(70.05 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Last edited by Nordmann on January 16th, 2011, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well up north it should be cold...
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

good game guys! You beat us soundly on both fronts.
neki

Post by neki »

It looks like we are heading towards another revived North&South vs. Duckies :). Will the Duckies cast doom once more ?! Or will the Wesnoth chess players manage to wash away their shame ? Anyways, good luck to Cutler&Rodgers, I hope they come back and eliminate these deadly opponents from the tournament once more :) Resurrection only works once, hopefully :)
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Greetings ladies and gentlemen! Behold the 2nd Clong Man and the Gang vs Ducks of Doom game, featuring such wondrous rarities as Sidzej's Ultimate Beard of Denial (illustration related) and Mad Ma... khiM with his sniper AK 47 among others. The game turned out to be rather positional in the first part, yet full of crazy bloody action in the 2nd.

@Rigor and JET: thanks for the great games guys! (we were kinda lucky in the 2nd game but you must realize that Lady Luck favours men with big purses ;))
Silverbeard.jpg
Attachments
4p_-_Xanthe_Chaos_Turn_12_(13944).gz
obs chat till turn 12... for historical reasons or something
(57.42 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
TGT Clong Man and the Gang vs Ducks of Doom 2nd game.gz
final replay (missing large parts of obs-chat due to reloads)
(113.8 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Last edited by alpha1 on January 16th, 2011, 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Hi guys, congrats to the Noob Leavers on their victory and best of luck in the next round(I don't know who I'd support if you face RNG, whoever would win neki's reaction would be funny I think :P ). You played 2 good games and deserved to go through.
Thanks also to Faello and Entropy and especially tekelili for a very fun tournament. I'm a bit annoyed at my play in the last game but I've really enjoyed it and hopefully I'll play some more 2v2s from now on :) .
neki

Post by neki »

He he, I am glad you find me funny, TBS, can't get it why some people only find me obnoxious :) Guess everybody is a mix of those :).
Faello

Post by Faello »

@tekelili & The Black Sword

It's a shame that your adventure with TGT is already over (I really counted on 3rd game between you & NL just because of the electricity of awesome 2vs2 in the first one :D ) but I guess anything good ends someday :)
The Black Sword wrote: I'm a bit annoyed at my play in the last game but I've really enjoyed it and hopefully I'll play some more 2v2s from now on :) .
Don't be TBS, deekay mastery of passive poison wasn't something obvious at the beginning of that game, your leaders were also not very anti-UD - in overall you did much better in your second game vs. champs of the TGT than we did in our second game vs. them (me so sucky sucky ^_^ )

All in all I'm glad that you like it & I'd like to thank you for your participation :)
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Hello everybody, I can finally proudly announce, that the 1st game of RNG vs. Miso Hapi wil take place on tuesday 18th from 9,15 GMT. You are all invited :)
DL

P.S.: sry for possible confusion, i was speaking of 9,15 pm GMT, prolly wasnt clear from what i wrote above... :(
Faello

TGT Announcement

Post by Faello »

TGT Announcement

vox populi, vox dei

1)I heard that it would be good if someone could take the TGT admin mantle when I'm not around in case some necessary decision has to be made instantly, so I've decided to appoint alpha1 to TGT vice-admin position, which was already incredibly convincing in the yesterdays game with his "TGT admin decision!" shouts, so now he can do it for real :mrgreen:

alpha1 will help you with rules interpretation, will observe the TGT games if online & (if it will be necessary) has the right to decide in cases not included in the rules.

I hope that this will make the things easier in the future :)

2)2nd TGT Round is prolonged until 31st of January 2011 due to neki, alpha1 and other players requests connected with session time on universities. TGT promotes education of our players, so next round will begin since the 1st of February 2011

That's all folks, thank you for your attention! :)
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Fiat iustitia, et pereat mundus

What can i say, Faello made me an offer that i couldn't refuse in my current situation (see illustration below). So guys, feel free to ask me if you need to know exact timer settings or something, but don't feel like opening the tgt-thread and looking it up yourself :lol2:
Attachments
1292377601882.jpg
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.