[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

chaoticwanderer

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament

Post by chaoticwanderer »

TGT game1 round1 Crimson Blades vs Les Nuls will be played July 26, 2009 12:00 AM of UTC/GMT on the server 3 (Connection issues). All observers are invited.
The RNG helps those who help themselves.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

1st match of Les Nuls vs Crimson Blades. Les Nuls won. second match will be either tonight or tomorrow.
Attachments
4p_-_Blue_Water_Province_replay.gz
(27.81 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
CragHack

Post by CragHack »

After saving and reloading twice, the 1st match of the 1st round was finally finished (Yesterday, 23:30 GMT).
The outcome is 1:0 for the S.P.a.M.-Team. Unfortunately, the replay is corrupted due to saveloading.
chaoticwanderer

Post by chaoticwanderer »

TGT game2 round1 Crimson Blades vs Les Nuls will be played July 27, 2009 14:00 of UTC/GMT on server 3 (Connection issues). All observers are invited.
The RNG helps those who help themselves.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

here is the 2nd (and final) game of Les Nuls vs Crimson Blades. the main flaw we i had, i think, was that out attacks were not consecutive, this allowed our opponents to double team the attacker, our team then sustained heavier losses and eventually lost.
Attachments
4p_-_Castle_Hopping_Isle_replay.gz
(19.36 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Faello

Post by Faello »

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

1) At 8:00 AM of GMT time today 1st round of The GRAND TAG! was finished and 48 hours break for purpose of organisation matters has begun.

2) I will post the official table with scores from the 1st round and updated tournament tree asap after case described in point 4) will be resolved

3) 2nd round of The GRAND TAG! will begin at 30th of July 8:00 AM of GMT and will last until the 13th of August 8:00 AM of GMT

4) Unfortunately, 1st round was only partially completed by SPaM and Jean&kit Team, mostly because of Jean & kit lack of time as I found out, thus using my GM rights, taking under consideration that 1st game was already played and it's a selective case, I gave SPaM and Jean & kit Team additional 24 hours to play TGT games necessary to complete the round. Teams are obliged to play another games during this period.

Because it would be unfair to disqualify SPaM with already established 1-0 lead when fault for the delay is not on their side (as Jean told me), I decided that if both teams won't play any game until July 29, 8:00 AM GMT, SPaM wins second game necessary to advance by W.O. (walkover).

If a game will be played during this period and Jean&kit Team will win, making it 1-1, both sides are forced to play 3rd game immiediately with no postponing after the second. Postponing, delaying etc. is not an option, team that will try to postpone or delay, will lose third game automatically. I remind that both teams have right to use a substitute player if that will be necessary.

I'm happy that's the selective situation, unfortunately solving such case isn't easy so I once again ask other players to play out the 2nd round games before the round ends.

EDIT: Jean&kit Team resigned from their right to play the next games (Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:27 pm) thus, as stated at point 4) SPaM gets a second victory by a W.O, finishing the round with a 2-0 score.

Time for the results people (numbers in round brackets = no. of games won by the team) :)

Noob Leavers (2) vs CDeath (0)
SPaM (2) vs Jean & kit Team (0)
Les nuls (2) vs Crimson Blades (0)
Team WC (2) vs Non Avere (0)

Tournament Tree after the end of round 1 of The GRAND TAG!:

Every team that advanced into the round 2 didn't give a point to the opponents but 2 of the teams in the round 2 will have to lose to allow other 2 fight in the final round of TGT!. We''ll see who'll join the other 4 already defeated teams in the following two weeks 8)

EDIT2: Second round of The GRAND TAG! has begun ! (Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:38 am)
Teams can now play the 2nd round games, don't forget to post information about the coming games in this topic, they'll be announced in the first post of the thread as always. Good luck guys ! :)
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

Out of curiosity, is SPAM going to schedule a game with us any time soon?

Thanks.
Radament

Post by Radament »

Hi Folks,

SPaM vs Nood Leavers will play today (Thursday, for the lazy) at around 8:00 GMT.

peace,
Radament
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Radament wrote:SPaM vs Nood Leavers will play today (Thursday, for the lazy) at around 8:00 GMT.
That must be really lazy, given that today is Tuesday.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Natasiel
Moderator Emeritus

Next round

Post by Natasiel »

Team WC is still waiting for Les Nuls to show up.
Last edited by Natasiel on August 13th, 2009, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Team Noob Leavers won against SPaM first game of the second round, next one tomorrow.

Good game!
Attachments
4p_-_Blue_Water_Province_Turn_9.gz
Replay
(40.14 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Radament

Post by Radament »

Today at 9:00pm GMT: SPaM vs Noob Leavers game 2

I'm switching beer for water this time so hopefully we can deliver more than lousy 9 turns.

EDIT: Game postponed, need more organization getting done
Faello

Post by Faello »

Tournament news updated with the Noob Leavers victory in the first game. I wait for the teams announcements about other games :geek:
KalenzZ

Post by KalenzZ »

Well, we were ok to play our first match today at 2:00 GMT but it seems they forgot :(
Now, we're in trouble to play those matches because paso can't play on monday, and i can't wednesday and tuesday's evening.

So we'll see how it'll go
Faello

Post by Faello »

Right to use a substitute player was created exacly for such situations as you described :wink: