[Complete] Tournament of Champions 4

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Noy
Inactive Developer

Re: Tournament of Champions 4

Post by Noy »

lightdragon wrote:Pietro, when should we play our match :?:
How about you use the PM function and arrange that privately, instead of posting in a cluttered thread?
Mabuse wrote:if somebody else is MIA im glad to take his place

at WE lots of time on my hands, and if i have a nice opponent im sure we can play almost out matches in a row, or on just one weekend.

im fine with a 5 min timer, although on a tournament match, if you believe it or not, it can be pretty short. so we may as well make a higher reservoir. im sure that i can agree to something with my opponent.
"5 minutes" is not the timer setting.
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

2. Baufo vs Hexannon (NOW)

P.S. Heck, they're so secretive, I didn't even know the match started as I was busy watching svek vs Swift =.=
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Noy wrote: "5 minutes" is not the timer setting.
as far as i am informed the players can decide which settings they use for the timer.

and im still fine with a flat 5 min timer, and i would bet that my opponent would agree with me rather than the strange "alternative" if the players cant agree. :P

flat 4 min, with 8min reservoir woudl be also ok for me.
action bonus is strange anyway
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
leocrotta

Post by leocrotta »

May I ask who my opponent is finally ?

The time-line so far:
  1. suokko was 1st
  2. replaced by 3vil due to being MIA supposedly
  3. seeing suokko on stable mp-server, contacting him, getting to know he forgot the toc, roughly talking about a time to play without knowing he's been replaced already
  4. 3vil willing to play, waiting for me to contact him (I guess)
thx for the answer already & best regards leocrotta (nani)
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

well this is partly your doing nani... you've helped me make a mess of it. You came to me initially telling me that suokko wasn't going to play from a second hand source, which I corroborated, then you found suokko and he said he was going to play. At no time have I spoken to him directly, only you have. All my information has come from you. So I guess if he's willing to play, then you should play with him.

Sorry 3vil, I apologize for this.
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
leocrotta

Post by leocrotta »

Well true, I only heard about the rumor of him being absent.
I didn't get information directly.
If you did understood me wrong by telling you anything about this, I apologize ... I never forced you to replace him, due to these rumors.
whatever...
DarkenShroud

Post by DarkenShroud »

Question, Mabuse brought up to me today that he thought picking yr faction as host after u seen the other players faction was illegal? Is this true? Because if it is, then baufo saw i was northerns when he was still random then chose his faction as host according to mine...... :) If it was outlawed let me know so we may have a redo please.....lol I really didn't think it was all that fair to begin with :D Eitherway I'm in full agreement with Mabuse it is rather lame :lol2:

Oh and I'm on now Baufo, but I want to know if its illegal before we play our 2nd match because if it was then I want a redo please.....thnx

Hexannon
Hexannon
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Well, so far there is really no harm done, right? If you can match up with sukko and play some games nani, then it's really ok. And if not then 3vil (or next in line alternates) seems willing to step up.

With regard to picking races, this was discussed earlier on this thread (page 7-8 I think?). I have to laugh at the fact that it's an issue now. :P The basic idea I think is that if you want to pick a faction, then the other player can pick a faction seeing your choice. If you don't like that, then pick another faction, or go random. It is possible that I will pick a faction at some point, and if I do I would expect the opther player to either pick a faction or at least use the knowledge of my pick against me. That is just part of the game.
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
lightdragon

Post by lightdragon »

i have to go out in a few days someone else can take my place :cry:
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Duthlet vs TheChosenOne (here, now) :)

EDIT: It is postponed due to some time issues on my part. Stay tuned for our first match.
Last edited by TheChosenOne on October 19th, 2008, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---Konrad III

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Wintermute wrote: With regard to picking races, this was discussed earlier on this thread (page 7-8 I think?). I have to laugh at the fact that it's an issue now. :P
well, if you can read you see it was discussed, but the current solution seems a bit strange to me.

and i also dont get how it came to that conclusion either ;), since all initial suggestions somehow implemented that the player make a choice and then play their faction regardless what the enemy does.

there ws a debate wether it is superior to pick RANDOM, becasue then you know which faction the other player has, but he dont know yours (for the first few turns)
Wintermute wrote: The basic idea I think is that if you want to pick a faction, then the other player can pick a faction seeing your choice. If you don't like that, then pick another faction, or go random. It is possible that I will pick a faction at some point, and if I do I would expect the opther player to either pick a faction or at least use the knowledge of my pick against me. That is just part of the game.
well, as said, i find it rather lame to host a game, pick random, because, hey random is fine and all - and then you see enemy is drakes and then you pick loyalists. becasue you think you may fare better with loyalists against drakes then with another faction.

in the end factions should be balanced and this is no problem, but i think honestly if you ock a faction you should stay with it, and if you pick random then you should stay with it too.

i really dislike players who do that somehow (well in the end i play them of course),

and im kinda surprised that this is tournament standard, that host can chose his faction depending on the enemy faction, i think thats lame (not illegal, but i dont like this)

i thought host opens a game and then he picks a faction and then thats it -
in the end i dont care, but its not cool at all
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Pietro, since your opponent wants to withdraw, I'm going to replace him with Dauntless.

Don Hewitt.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

is there any chance i get into the tournament ?

i just ask since i stated already on page 7 that im happy to jump in if sombody cancels, and dauntless on page 8 :P .
Mabuse wrote: so if someone is missing im glad to jump in.
my time is GMT+1 or something like that
so a simple "no, no matter what happens you cant get in" would be ok for me, then i know what im at
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

TheChosenOne vs Duthlet [first match] now :)
---Konrad III

TOMATO

Post by TOMATO »

I just found out about this tournament and wanted to throw my hat in the ring. Is it too late to join? I can take the spot of the next person who is MIA or drops out.

TOMATO