[Complete] Tournament of Champions 2v2 Results and Information

Moderator: Forum Moderators

EOE

Post by EOE »

Mythological wrote:
IB wrote:This Round has been going for a month now. I'm thinking maybe we should change the games in progress from best of 5 to sudden death.
I don't think that the sudden death rule would be appropriate for the duel where Wintermute and jb lead 2:0 to Tux&Sargy
Yhe final should be best of 3? (the last game)
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

Personally I am losing interest quickly. We have a save game (game3) somewhere of a few turns from a few weeks ago. It has been so long I don't even remember the factions we were...when we load that game it will be awkward trying to remember what was going on.

I've told Wintermute privately that if we can't play soon I would like to ask TuxNSargy to surrender...but I can't really ask them to do that in good faith knowing the other game (Noy/DK vs. Nord/Sombra) is taking even longer.

EDIT: in light of recent posts on the forum, i just want to point out I have no problem with TuxNSargy...they have been very enjoyable to play with...we just have scheduling issues.
Last edited by jb on March 27th, 2007, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
IB

Post by IB »

Sudden death for the Noy/DK/Nord/Som game and asking sargy and tux to surrender sounds okay to me. They don't have to but, they need to make extra effort to continue playing if they don't.
Sombra

Post by Sombra »

:?: Sudden death seems to be painful. Whatever that exactly means ;)
Attachments
4S_-_Zusammenstoß_Runde_28_(Noy_+_DK).zip
Our game so far
(38.38 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
JW

Post by JW »

Let them at least play a match to 3. 1 game would just be too random IMO.
Nordmann

Post by Nordmann »

Time to give some statement. Well to be honest i am not pleased at all by the behaviour of our opponents. I know it is hard to find some time to play but my brother and i made many attempts suggestions and so on. Still they won the first round by not finding time to face their opponents until they did not had time to finish the games. Actually they lost the first fight... (.) My brother and me wrote quite some pm ´s without getting an answer nor any suggestion how to finish the games. It is kind of ridicoulus bece does not have any time Dk just during the weekends and Noy just during the week. I know they are both good and helped to devellop the game, (noy reminded me on this fact quite a few times) Still I think if they wanna take part on this tournament they should give players a chance to fight them and not getting lagged to death...
Well anyway ... we should finish this soon

Nordmann
Well up north it should be cold...
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

What I find illuminating is how quickly you've resorted to posting this message. You didn't message me for two weeks and because I haven't replied today, all of a sudden I get this forum post claiming I'm being negligent? To be honest thought I didn't have the energy to respond. Why? well maybe it had something to do with this being the fifth time we've told you that we can only play on weekends, and the third time on PM. I should also note that after telling you at least five times the same thing I get this exact email:
Hi, any idea when your team finds the time to finish the round?

Nordmann

I've replied to all your PMs except the one last night, which I got after working 16 hours. I'm sorry my life doesn't hinge on wesnoth and replying to you, particularly when it seems that I've got to repeat the same thing over and over.

Do I need to make myself more clear? WE ONLY PLAY ON WEEKENDS.

Also please show where I've "consistantly reminded you" about how good I am at the game or that I'm a developer? Actually I tend not to say anything during serious games. I made comments about your game, but ironically thats because you're about the most annoying player to play against. If anybody should be blamed for "lagging a game to death" its you, not me. I've never met a player who has done so little in their turn and taken so much time. I blame the whole 6 hour game fiasco squarely on your shoulders. Its not really that pleasant to play against you in the least.

See you saturday.
JW

Post by JW »

sigh....this is what I hate about tournaments....
sargy

The tourny so far

Post by sargy »

Quote: IB
Sudden death for the Noy/DK/Nord/Som game and asking sargy and tux to surrender sounds okay to me. They don't have to but, they need to make extra effort to continue playing if they don't.

Without wanting to get drawn into arguments with anybody, i feel i have no issues with anyone. Firstly let me please address the point of IB's :
We have made the effort to play with wm and jb, who, are by the way, really cool guys and very good wesnoth players. We have played at 1am our time until 3am in our games. Like everyone else who is having problems with arranging times, we work and have other social commitments, which do prohibit our playing times.
We have never once asked wm or jb to play at 6am or early hours of the morning their time. We had allocated space this sunday to play, but had great trouble getting onto the server, so after a few hours of waiting we decided to pursue other interests.
I understand nordmanns frustrations about it, but can empathise with Noy and others.
I would therefore suggest any future torunaments are matched up on a time-zone basis to avoid future conflict.
P.S please sort it out guys your all good players, and from what i know from playing with you, all decent people, and don't need to resort to falling out. Sorry for long post ;)
Where were you while we were getting high, someday you will find me caught beneath a landslide in a champange supernova in the sky ! rock N roll !
TuxThePenguin

Re: The tourny so far

Post by TuxThePenguin »

I am TuxThe Penguin and I approve of this message.

sargy wrote:Quote: IB

Without wanting to get drawn into arguments with anybody, i feel i have no issues with anyone. Firstly let me please address the point of IB's :
We have made the effort to play with wm and jb, who, are by the way, really cool guys and very good wesnoth players. We have played at 1am our time until 3am in our games. Like everyone else who is having problems with arranging times, we work and have other social commitments, which do prohibit our playing times.
We have never once asked wm or jb to play at 6am or early hours of the morning their time. We had allocated space this sunday to play, but had great trouble getting onto the server, so after a few hours of waiting we decided to pursue other interests.
I understand nordmanns frustrations about it, but can empathise with Noy and others.
I would therefore suggest any future torunaments are matched up on a time-zone basis to avoid future conflict.
P.S please sort it out guys your all good players, and from what i know from playing with you, all decent people, and don't need to resort to falling out. Sorry for long post ;)
Really - I just like my avatar, and this is an excuse to see it :-)
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Re: The tourny so far

Post by Wintermute »

I would like to say that I was not intending to be pointing any fingers or throw any stones - I was just attempting to start discussing the (obvious :!: ) frustration about the overall slow progress currently. I think we can all agree that there are many obstacles to getting 4 people together for several overlapping hours - rereading my first post, I don't see see any offensive content, but I apologize if there is some.
sargy wrote:I would therefore suggest any future torunaments are matched up on a time-zone basis to avoid future conflict.
I think that this this is a good idea, in hindsight, but unfortunately it doesn't help us much now (unless we wanted to abort this round and switch the brackets up now... which I don't personally consider a good idea).

I think that even assuming some timezone similarity, the problems we are dealing will return in future rounds (and other similar events), so I think we should all be on the same page with figuring out what to do (if not actually "solving" the problem).

So really, there are two basic options:
1. We ok for this to take some time, and we should just assume and plan for this to take months. (though perhaps no single game should take more than... two weeks or one month, or something)
2. We want to expedite things be setting implementing xyz (open for debate still).

Personally, I am OK for this to take some time, if we are all on the same page with that. I have been operating under the assumption so far that we are trying to move quickly, and that is stressing me out - trying to schedule all the time etc.

But what do others think? Let's try to keep it fun. :wink:
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
PhD

Post by PhD »

So tournament die?
JW

Post by JW »

No, Taurus, JW, and Mythological won it by default. We had no opposition in the later rounds thanks to no one showing up.

Victory is ours!!!
JW

Post by JW »

IB wrote:

Code: Select all

Soliton & Pietro -----------
vs                          |- Soliton & Pietro -------
matoxxx & moonlight --------                           |
                                                       |- JW & Taurus & Myth
JW & Taurus & Myth ---------                           |
vs                          |- JW & Taurus & Myth -----
Hhondar & Rzrzz & Karo -----

jb & Wintermute ------------
vs                          |- jb & Wintermute --------
Kalis & telly --------------                           |
                                                       |- Game 3/5
Sargy & Tux ----------------                           |
vs                          |- Sargy & Tux ------------
Horus & Steven  ------------

IB & Kollle & Cham ---------
vs                          |- IB & Kollle & Cham -----
Cackfiend & LeakyPens ------                           |
                                                       |- zero1 & PhD
zero1 & PhD ----------------                           |
vs                          |- zero1 & PhD ------------
F8_binds & Baufo & Garison -

Dragonking & Noy & Bec -----
vs                          |- Dragonking & Noy & Bec -
krotop & ripfrench & ZOB ---                           |
                                                       |- Status Unknown
Sombra & Nordmann ----------                           |
vs                          |- Sombra & Nordmann ------
Greywolf & Zeph & Flak -----
I suggest that the DK/Noy/Bece v Sombra/Nordmann games be cancelled and forfeitted. jb and Wintermute are ahead 2-0. That is a win to me. They should advance.

Round-robin for finals. Each pair plays 2 games against each opponent. Whoever has the most wins (up to 4) wins the tournament. If it splits 2/2/2 then we do a 1 game round-robin until 1 team wins 2 games.
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

Well, I apologize to everyone here for voicing support for IB to run this tourney a few months ago. IB, you have really dropped the ball on this one and I'm sad to say there was a serious lack of authoritative leadership. I’m ready to listen to any solutions to solve this problem (including JW’s).
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty