Enige Afrikaans ? Any Afrikaans yet ?

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nicoza

Enige Afrikaans ? Any Afrikaans yet ?

Post by nicoza »

I have searched for the language of Afrikaans - but it seems no-one has started with it yet. If there are any Afrikaaners out there that want to help- drop me a line. Hmm, now to figure out how to translate this ! :) heheehe - Where is the FAQ for translating ?

Cheers,
Nico.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

See http://wesnoth.slack.it/?WesnothTranslations for more info, no-one has started an Afrikaans translation yet.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
sanna

Post by sanna »

No, there has not been anyone translating Wesnoth into Afrikaans as yet, you are most welcome to do so. *smile*

Follow the link ott gave you, and contact me (my email is at the link) if you have any further questions.

/Sanna
nicoza

Post by nicoza »

Thanks for the info/help.

I have managed to download some of the Dutch PO's and will work from there. Afrikaans is a close cousin to dutch/german but it also has some french/english in it.

Its a pretty young language started by the hottentots that lived in the Cape ( Cape Town, South Africa ) to help with trading with the French Hugenot Settlers ( that escaped the Edict of Nantes - Religous Persecution ) in the 1800-1900's :)

Okay enough history stuff - MAAAAN there are a lot of sentances to translate ! :) Better get to it.

Since I am on Windows I am using PoEdit. Which I hope will be okay.

Cheers,
Nico.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

POEdit is just fine. I use that prog under windows and Linux. Don't forget to have the files set to UTF-8 (should be done if you use the dutch ones) and unix line endings. You could also use the german files because german is already complete :).
nicoza

Post by nicoza »

Yes I guess I could use the German ones :) But my German is not so GUT :) as my Dutch :) But on the other hand - it could be an oppertunity to improve my German :)

Cheers,
Nico.