Some italian translations disappeared (1.13.8)

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tommibrni

Some italian translations disappeared (1.13.8)

Post by Tommibrni »

Hello.
I noticed that, with the last update, some of the translations in italian that were previously there (units descriptions, some bits of dialogue, etc) just disappeared.
If this problem was already known, I apologize.
GunChleoc
Translator

Re: Some italian translations disappeared (1.13.8)

Post by GunChleoc »

There might have been some slight changes to he English source strings - best grab the old translations and load them into your translation program (e.g. Virtaal or Poedit) so they're added to the Translation Memory, then continue translating with the current files.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Can you please tell us what do you mean with "disappeared"? Do you mean that some things were in Italian before, and now are in English? In this case, it might just be that the strings were modified, but the translation wasn't updated yet.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Tommibrni

Post by Tommibrni »

Yes, sorry for using the term "disappeared".
I meant exactly what Elvish_hunter said: some translations turned back to english language.
I'm replaying Northern Rebirth lately and I noticed that almost half of the dialogues are now in english.