Terms help

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kartacha

Terms help

Post by kartacha »

I hope I wrote in the right forum. I am currently translating in Bulgarian and I need help with 2 terms. Both are questions about the items section.
1. What is the Burial item? Can you pick it or is it just location on the map that triggers an event? What it does? I saw the icon but usually Burial is used for the act of burying someone and it will sound very strange in Bulgarian to call an item with a verb.
2. Are Ornate icons only vases in game or can the same icons be used for any type of decoration you can find?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Terms help

Post by zookeeper »

They're for the editor feature that lets you place non-terrain images on the map. The strings are simply the description of the image for the editor user, they won't be seen by mere players. There is no special significance for them (and in those two cases the names must have been simply derived from the original image filename), so you can translate them pretty much in whatever way you feel best describes the image. So if "skulls on spikes" is more fitting (and it's hard to argue how it wouldn't be...) than "burial" then that's fine.
kartacha

Post by kartacha »

OK, I see. So if I go with "лобно място" (burial grounds) and "декорация" (decoration) it would be perfectly fine?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Sure, I don't see why not. As said, the names really don't have any in-game significance, and arguably they wouldn't even need to exist at all.