French translation ?

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bachibouzooo

French translation ?

Post by Bachibouzooo »

Hi,

I want to do a french translation of some parts of wesnoth campaigns, but I can't contact the french team...
This page says that we can contact them on irc.freenode.net , but this website doesn't work. And it doesn't really explains how to access to the "liste de diffusion" ...
Moreover, the archives of translations have to be here : http://news.gmane.org/gmane.games.wesnoth-fr but gmane.org have shut down...

Is the french team still existing ?

Please help me :)

(translation : en d'autres termes, je ne sais pas comment on contacte l'équipe de traduction française de wesnoth, je ne sais pas comment accéder à la liste de diffusion, et les canaux de discussions semblent ne plus exister depuis un bon moment... si quelqu'un de l'équipe française (si elle existe toujours) voit se message, qu'il vienne à ma rescousse svp ! )
GunChleoc
Translator

Re: French translation ?

Post by GunChleoc »

Have you tried sending an e-mail to wesnoth-request@ml.free.fr and wesnoth AT ml DOT free DOT fr? If you don't hear from them, let us know.

I am actually thinking of setting up a Pootle server for everybody, but I have never done that before.
anim_artel

traduction française

Post by anim_artel »

Hello,

This topic is old, I know, but I also encounter this kind of problems: apparently the list doesn't work and it looks confirmed on the wiki: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/FrenchTranslat ... t_quoi_.3F
it is said that the archive no longer exists, the registration on the list works but I have not received any answer to my questions...

So, for those who want to participate in the translation, how do we do it?
Are there other people who have created new tools?

I hope someone sees my post: D

Thank you for your help :)
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Ivanovic would be the person to contact regarding translations then.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
ImperatorS79

Post by ImperatorS79 »

Would it not be interesting to use a github integrated translation system (for example crowdin) ? It could make the contributions easier.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I don't know what that is - I'm not really familiar with translations to start with - but that could be something to bring up to Ivanovic or in the #development channel.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
anim_artel

Ivanovic ?

Post by anim_artel »

Hello,

thanks both of you for your answers, I'm going to see with Ivanovic then :)
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

I was interested in setting up a Pootle server, but I just can't find the time to do it :(

Maybe we can work together with freegamedev on this one? https://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8059
anim_artel

freegamedev + erreur de traduction des campagnes

Post by anim_artel »

GunChleoc wrote: August 29th, 2019, 11:33 am I was interested in setting up a Pootle server, but I just can't find the time to do it :(

Maybe we can work together with freegamedev on this one? https://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8059
Sorry, if this message was for me, I don't have time to translate campaigns, I prefer to focus on the wiki.
But I hope someone interested in the subject will answer you.