Bulgarian Translation Dual Request/Offer

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kartacha

Bulgarian Translation Dual Request/Offer

Post by kartacha »

I see that the Bulgarian translations stats are not very good and I am willing to help with this. I got the best way to do it. I am playing the game for my channel in YouTube - campaign by campaign in chronological order. I am narrating it into Bulgarian and the simultaneous translation from a language to another is not what I am the best at (and that is to say the least). That is why I would've asked you if you are able to provide a list of each actor's lines and also the narrators lines too. I would like to translate this prior to playing and have my text ready to be read instead of me trying (and failing) to translate this simultaneously. I just hit me that I can provide the translations back to you so that you can use it in the game. As a last note I wanted to state that I will make sure those are checked by a friend of mine who studied English much harder than me and whose English (especially when it is up to literature) is far superior than mine.
What do you think about this?
GunChleoc
Translator

Re: Bulgarian Translation Dual Request/Offer

Post by GunChleoc »

Best try to contact the Bulgarian team first to see if anybody is still active: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/BulgarianTranslation

If you don't hear back from them, you can take over the translation. https://wiki.wesnoth.org/WesnothTranslationsHowTo

It's probably best to translate on the development branch now - quite a lot of strings have already gone fuzzy since the stable version.

https://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/index.l ... e=&lang=bg
kartacha

Post by kartacha »

Thank you for the information. I will try to do that as soon as I have the free time to make sure I have the free time to carry this on until it is done or at least until we have a lot better translations than what we currently have. That may take some time given the fact that I found the time to check and respond to this thread after almost a month but I will eventually try to help.

EDIT: It seems that I am not able to find the guy that is responsible for the translations at the moment. If he is seeing this message I would be glad if he contacts me.
kartacha

Post by kartacha »

OK, guys. I will have more time to help from now on. I looked in the translations sections but it seems to me that these are all text files. How do I edit those? Can I do it in the browser directly? Also, is there any kind of tutorial or something?
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Right-click and save.

There are specialized tools available for translating software, and I strongly recommend that you use those. They will also remember what you have translated before, so you can get your translation back up to date a lot faster when small changes are made.

I use Virtaal as my main tool and Poedit for some automated checks.

For testing a translation, you will need to convert the file to .mo format. PoEdit will do that automatically whenever you save, Virtaal has an export function.
kartacha

Post by kartacha »

You have a PM.
TheWhiteKnight

Post by TheWhiteKnight »

Hey, there`s been a long time since I am waiting for someone like you.. I want to translate this in bulgarian for several years now, but since I was the only one here, (the relevant responsible people are unreachable) I couldn`t do so..

Давай да преведем играта и да я направим достъпна за повече наши хора!
I would prefer to fail with honor, than win by cheating!