I want to translate

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wowgamer

I want to translate

Post by Wowgamer »

hi i want to translate game in Bulgarian but i dont know how i what sofware to use and how to contact with person responsible in Bulgarian translate
Xara

Re: I want to translate

Post by Xara »

Maybe this page contains the information you need.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

You can get the files to translate here: http://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/index.la ... ion=branch As a tool, I recommend Virtaal or PoEdit. They both work fine and both are free.

You then e-mail your translation to Ivanovic. It would be good to try to contact the other translators though, to avoid 2 people working on the same file. Also, somebody might have created a private glossary.

I have collected a bunch of useful links on the bottom of the Wiki page for my language, have a look: http://wiki.wesnoth.org/Scottish_Gaelic ... on#Wesnoth
michalkuc

Post by michalkuc »

Hi guys, let me just use this thread instead of making a new one: I want to start working on the Arabic translation. I tried to contact the supposed coordinator via e-mail, however my e-mail came back to me with the "unknown recipient" message. Considering that and the fact that only around 1% was translated in total, I guess that the Arabic translation project is dead since long. I want to take care of it. Is it possible somehow? Whom do I contact?

Cheers and many thanks in advance!
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Arabic hasn't been worked on since 2008 and the old maintainer is unreachable, so I'd say you should take over as maintainer to get things going again.

You can get the files here: https://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/?view=l ... ch&lang=ar

Submit your files per e-mail to Ivanovic once they reach a state that you want to submit them.

When I first started my own translation, I created an Excel file for myself with terminology (unit names etc.). PM me if you want a copy.
Last edited by GunChleoc on June 15th, 2022, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michalkuc

Post by michalkuc »

Thanks! I'll do exactly as you suggested :)
Iviernu27

Post by Iviernu27 »

I guess I'll just post this here too. Since there doesn't seem to be any around, I'd like to being the translation for Asturian (asturianu). Should I contact Ivanovic first or just follow the pattern given for the arabic translation?
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

There is no Asturian team yet, so you will be the team leader. Tag, you're it! :lol:

So yes, you can just start. you should also add yourself to the list on the Wiki.

I have added some useful links to the bottom of my own page. Not all of them have English titles, just click on them anyway.

You will also need to provide a configuration file ast.cfg that will be placed in data/languages. It will be used to add Asturian to the language menu. t should look something like this:

Code: Select all

[locale]
    name="Asturianu"
    locale=ast_ES
[/locale]
I have also attached a blank glossary spreadsheet that might help you organize your translations of important terms.
Attachments
wesnoth_terms-blank.zip
Blank glossary spreadsheet
(20.92 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
Iviernu27

Post by Iviernu27 »

Great, thanks!
I took a look at your links and I think they will be very helpful, thank you!
Since I am a bit new at all this pardon me if the following question comes off a bit ignorant: How do I edit to the wiki to add my information?
Also, as far as providing the configuration file goes, should I email it to ivanovic like with the .po files?
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

No problem, ask away :)

You might need to register an account with the wiki in order to edit - I don't remember. Login link is on the bottom; I can't find the register link right now. You will also find https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Help:Editing useful.

You can send the configuration file to Ivanovic.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

GunChleoc wrote:I can't find the register link right now. You will also find https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Help:Editing useful.
This is because, due to recent spamming attacks, we were forced to disable user registrations :(
If you want a wiki account, you have to send a PM to the Wiki Administrators Group, stating your desired account name and email address. Don't forget to put a meaningful subject in the message!
Once your account is created, you'll get a temporary password, which you'll have to change.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Spambots are such a waste of energy and everybody's time. Laighe gun èirigh orra is leac air am beul :evil: