Noob questions

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

pyrophorus

Re: Noob questions

Post by pyrophorus »

Hi !
Not totally clear in what you wrote, but if you put the .po file in the translation folder, it will not work. You have to produce a .mo file from the .po instead.
Poedit creates it by default when saving the .po file, and if not, go to the preferences panel "Editor" and check the box "Automatically compile .mo file on save"

HTH
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

pyrophorus wrote:Hi !
Not totally clear in what you wrote, but if you put the .po file in the translation folder, it will not work. You have to produce a .mo file from the .po instead.
Poedit creates it by default when saving the .po file, and if not, go to the preferences panel "Editor" and check the box "Automatically compile .mo file on save"

HTH
Yea, I had the mo file autognerated after save po file, but I dont see any of the strings translated when playing my campaign with Spanish as language settings :cry:
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
pyrophorus

Post by pyrophorus »

Did you put the .mo file in your translation folder ?
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

pyrophorus wrote:Did you put the .mo file in your translation folder ?
Yep, in fact it was autogenerated there.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
trewe
Translator

Post by trewe »

The compiled translation file name has to match exactly the name of your textdomain.

You can safely rename the autogenerated one into something like the following:

Code: Select all

World_Conquest_tek/translations/es/LC_MESSAGES/wesnoth-World_Conquest_tek_translated.mo
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

trewe wrote:The compiled translation file name has to match exactly the name of your textdomain.
That was the my mistake, now is working, Thanks a lot :)
World Conquest II