looking for a german-english translator

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

schlamarcel

looking for a german-english translator

Post by schlamarcel »

hi, i want to make a campaign in english and i cant speak english very well, but i want to make a good story :)
is here anyone who can speak good german and english and could help me, with the writing/translating of the story?

i write in german now, because i dont know how to explain it exacly in english :)

Was ich genau suche wäre jemand, der ab und zu zeit hätte mal ein bisschen entweder nur zu übersetzen, oder auf Wunsch auch an der Story Teile selber zu schreiben.
Ich selber habe auch nicht immer so viel Zeit und mache die Kampagne immer weiter, wenn ich grad lust habe
Die kampagne soll ein bisschen wie ein rpg mit vielen kleinen Quests/Geschichten werden, die immer vergrößert werden kann. Ich habe bisher nur einen groben Überblick im Kopf und würde mich auch über Anregungen, wie man das ganze verfeinern könnte, freuen.
Ich suche also jemand, der Lust am Geschichten schreiben hat, gut wäre auch, wenn er oder sie skype hätte zur absprache und einige Kenntnisse in WML(nicht umbedingt von Nöten, ich könnte dass was man für die story braucht asuch kurz erklären).
Last edited by schlamarcel on March 18th, 2013, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dugi

Re: looking for a german-english translator

Post by Dugi »

I am really bad at German, so I had to use Google Translate, for the text, and although obviously I am not somebody able to translate from German to English, I have something to say.
In the middle of 2012, I had a similar idea. By the end of 2012 I asked Heindal (he is a German, and quite good at English) to join the project, and we have worked on it, and made some good progress. However, atm it is waiting for me to finish something else and return to this project, because it seems other things cannot be developed with only two playable character classes. The project is pretty much what you aimed to, a heavy RPG with most RPG features made easy to control with custom WML tags. See the forum topic here, try the very early alpha here (if you play with a Barbarian or Fencer, it should work quite good, but don't let the totally lacking graphics discourage you). You may join if you want.
schlamarcel

Post by schlamarcel »

thx for the invitation, but i think i want to make my own campaign, it isnt completely like a normal rpg, maybe rpg was the false word :), its more like a campaign, where you have much things, you can choose by yourself, there will be fixed quests, but some things will be randomly, but you can choose by yourself, when you want to go where, and you have to find out things by yourself, not like in other campaigns, where the story is fixed and you only have to do the fights. so my campaign is a mix of campaign and rpg. I dont want a game, where you have one strong hero. in my camoaign you have to build an army like in other campaign, but you can recruit different unit types in different locations(at the beginning you can only recruit in your hometown)

if you would like to help me, with my campaign, your welcome :)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, your choice.
I would describe the thing you want to make as non-linear campaign. You might want to check out some add-ons that are described so. Also, check out Dugi's Resource Pack, I have separated a standard campaign oriented inventory system there and a few other things you might find useful.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

You should definitely play other addons and browse the source code of other projects. Many solutions and concepts such as "random missions" already exist in other campaigns (see signature). If you need help with translations I'm willing to help. I'm on the other hand not a english native speaker, so I will need a native speaker to read over the text, too.

Du solltest dir auf jeden Fall andere Erweiterungen und Kampagnen anschauen und die Quelltexte durchgehen. Viele Lösungen und Konzepte wie zum Beispiel zufällig generierte Mission gibt es bereits in anderen Kampagnen (siehe Signatur). Wenn du magst kann ich dir beim übersetzen helfen. Ich bin aber kein Muttersprachler und selbst wenn ich die Texte in englisch schreibe, brauche ich einen Muttersprachler der Korrektur liest.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
schlamarcel

Post by schlamarcel »

Hi, sry das ich mich lange nicht gemeldet habe.
Ich habe jetzt erst seit ein paar Wochen wieder Semesterferien und hatte im semester keine Zeit für Wesnoth, besteht dein Angebot noch, eventuell würde ich nämlich wieder mal ein bisschen programmieren.
hast du Skype?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Also Angebot steht noch. Ich habe zwar Skype, aber nicht immer aktiviert. Schick mir einfach mal ne PN, gerne auch mit Texten die du übersetzt haben willst. Ich weiß nicht wie ich dazu komme, da ich ab september wieder voll arbeite. Aber Übersetzungen gehen mir in der Regel recht leicht von der Hand.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer