Differences in translation stats 1.8 vs. 1.9

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

uncleshelby

Differences in translation stats 1.8 vs. 1.9

Post by uncleshelby »

I have noticed that in 1.9, the translations are farther behind. For example, in 1.8 the German translation is 100% complete. In 1.9 it's 88.46%. And not because of Dead Water being Mainlined, but for some other reason. Another example, Legend of Wesmere in 1.8 is completely translated, while in 1.9 it is 70.54% complete.

I am not complaining, I'm just curious about why it's not translated. It doesn't seem like there are a lot of strings that could be added...
Timshel
AI
Developer

Re: Differences in translation stats 1.8 vs. 1.9

Post by AI »

1.9 started out as a copy of 1.8, then stuff changed. That's what happens in development versions.

They haven't been translated yet as stuff is still changing, which could make it a wasted effort.
uncleshelby

Post by uncleshelby »

So once 1.10 is out, it'll start to be worked on again? That makes sense. Thanks.
Timshel
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Before that actually. There will be a stringfreeze so that translators can work before the stable release. (not that there aren't any working now, but less)
uncleshelby

Post by uncleshelby »

Oh. That's nice to know. I've been trying to learn German (both my parents speak it), and once I get good enough, I'm going to try and make my way through HttT in German.
Timshel